Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Moink

Cipher
lmao he says 'i'm gonna put 100 hours into this and enjoy them but will it get repetitive after those 100 hours?'

As if 100 hours into a game isn't more than enough wtf is this mentality
I'm sure he is worried that there's nothing to make videos about anymore after a short while

I'm sure he can stretch it out, other youtubers do

YDoRfLS.png

Oracsbox

I knew this game would be utter shit but even I'm staggered by the shitness.
It looks fucking awful and has horrific lag and bad optimization and obviously runs like a one legged chicken with the dropsy.
More importantly what's the point of of the game ? seriously it looks utterly retarded it's empty as fuck with the most stupidly fucked up shitastic shit shooting and game mechanics.
No interactions no real story no point nada nothing utter cock muffing cuntness.
The utter rape of any remaining Fallout lore is just icing on the shit cake.
I honestly don't think I've seen a bigger pile of shit.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hines cares so much about the franchise.

"I'm not the lore guy"

Just shove all iconic Fallout stuff in there! SHOVE IT!

Squid

Arbiter
He's a youtuber. Youtubers and streamers who can make enough money off of playing games and making content out of it can dump those kinda numbers into a game.
However, I do know people that think if you don't put 100 hours in a game your opinion of it is probably shallow. That mindset is stupid. Why should someone waste 100+ hours into a game if you can see everything the game has to see in 20 hours or 50 hours? Or even a multiplayer game that usually has hundreds of hours played by anyone. If you don't like PUBG you'll find that out anywhere between hour 1 and hour 20.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Fallout 76 Platinum Edition costs $115, doesn't include Fallout 76

It contains everything you could ever want except, like, the game.

8VzyjszRgievJquyeiB2pQ-650-80.jpg

As the Fallout 76 beta approaches, those who want to participate may be mulling over which edition of Fallout 76 to buy. There are several to choose from: the Fallout 76 Standard Edition ($60), the Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition ($80), or the Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition ($200). And then there's the Fallout 76 Platinum Edition.

Thing about the Platinum Edition you might want to make note of: the $115 price tag doesn't include the actual game of Fallout 76.

It does have lots of Fallout 76 stuff, though. There's a collector's case, a numbered concept art print, three 64-page mini-journals for you to take notes in (that's a lot of blank paper!), some postcards, a double-sided map poster (perfect for hanging on a transparent wall so you can see both sides), and a collector's edition Prima guide, both physical and digital.

I bring this up mainly because while on Bethesda's site it's pretty clear for careful readers that the Platinum Edition doesn't include the actual Fallout 76 game (it says it twice, even), this Amazon listing (where it's discounted a few bucks) doesn't make it so clear. You have to click 'read more', and even then it's way down at the bottom in italics. The Platinum Edition also doesn't ship until December.

So! If you're shopping for Fallout 76 editions, and especially if you've asked for the game as a gift from someone else, be mindful that this ultimate-sounding edition, which comes with lots and lots of Fallout 76 stuff, doesn't in fact come with Fallout 76.

Mud'

Scholar
1539811839254.png

I just wonder why they don't make a new faction with power armor instead of reusing BoS for everything, like some crazy ass West Virginia militia preppers that got power armor from the military or some shit, but no, its a Fallout game, they must have iconic Fallout stuff like Super Mutants and BoS.

Generic-Giant-Spider

That comment section is so juicy.

God such a click bait title! If you actually LOOOK AT THE ITEM FOR SALE it says "FALLOUT 76 PLATINUM EDITION PRIMA GUIDE". Yes omitting two very important words matters. What is with culture today where we just have to create controversy out of everything?

That's like complaining that the Chilton's guide for a 1976 Chevy Camaro doesn't actually include a Chevy Camaro. Well DUH.

wat is wit culture 2day

He's a youtuber. Youtubers and streamers who can make enough money off of playing games and making content out of it can dump those kinda numbers into a game.
However, I do know people that think if you don't put 100 hours in a game your opinion of it is probably shallow. That mindset is stupid. Why should someone waste 100+ hours into a game if you can see everything the game has to see in 20 hours or 50 hours? Or even a multiplayer game that usually has hundreds of hours played by anyone. If you don't like PUBG you'll find that out anywhere between hour 1 and hour 20.
stupid mindset? dude, here if you haven't finished a game 7 times you can't judge it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

What's more interesting to me there is that somehow, like a cockroach, Prima Games has survived this long. I remember their guides being complete dogshit and not even that helpful.

Now, Versus Books. That was a company worth the ten dollars.

Okagron

Prophet

Fuck this last one specially. Fallout has "very little lore", my ass. It has lore, it's just Bethesda has been butchering it since Fallout 3 with their bullshit inconsistencies and outright continuity breaks, to fit their bullshit narrative.

And these idiots don't seem to think the fact there wasn't any reported activity from the Brotherhood of Steel, it means they weren't doing anything. Operations on this scale would have records, specially mentions of a satellite. The satellite is probably the worst one because of all the times BoS was without communications. What, did the satellite also stopped working?

Last edited:

hexer

Bethesda contributed next to nothing to Fallout lore.

Fallout 3 is a mix of Fallout 1 / 2.
Fallout 4 is a rehash of an abandoned main plot idea Black Isle Studios had for Fallout 2.
Fallout 76 is a multiplayer game which proves once again they don't know what to do with plot and game world.
Tim Cain said Fallout multiplayer game doesn't make sense because... everybody's dead. Ta-daaaaaa!

Fallout isn't their setting and they're not comfortable with it enough to contribute meaningfully.
They should sell it back to its original creators.

Pete_Hines-card.jpg

This is the face of a man who will touch you in that private place

Let's hear the truth!
It won't be available on Steam because they're afraid of bad Steam reviews which will impact their sales.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom