Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul Calibur IV

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Yeah. They did confirm Ralf, Ryo, Robert and Shen as well.

I thought Andy was mentioned somewhere.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Carrie Underwood said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Nah, that was a fake report a chap made on the forums. Thus far the most interesting speculation has been about whether or not Adel will be moved to Heidern's team as hinted before. And of course if Leona's moveset is changed, provided she'll be back.

Mamon

Scholar
I find VF incredibly satisfying.

But nobody plays them.

*cries

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Carrie Underwood said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Nah, that was a fake report a chap made on the forums. Thus far the most interesting speculation has been about whether or not Adel will be moved to Heidern's team as hinted before. And of course if Leona's moveset is changed, provided she'll be back.

Damn. Andy is the unsung hero of the series. Leona's back, she was in that first released artwork, same with Daimon. They're bringing back Heidern? What's the point?

Vaarna_Aarne

Carrie Underwood said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Carrie Underwood said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Damn. Andy is the unsung hero of the series. Leona's back, she was in that first released artwork, same with Daimon. They're bringing back Heidern? What's the point?
Because Heidern is awesome. But really, they mixed him into the story too much to not have him. As for Andy, he's probably still running around in a forest playing Naruto. I myself will be happy with the 99,9% sure inclusion of Adel, with him having the most interesting part in the current story. And more of Rugal's moves.

Adel's cool. He kicked ass in 2k3 being the first KOF boss who was beatable without relying mostly on luck. They just need to mix up his design and give him a winpose where he claws his chest.

I would like to know why you think Heidern is so great. To me, he's a generic version of Leona. I'm also wondering where you heard they were bringing him back. Ralf's in, Leona's in... they wouldn't kick out Clark.

... unless they're planning on two Ikari teams. Ralf, Clark, Whip / Leona, Heidern, ?. But I've been hoping they get rid of Kula on the K/Max team and put Whip back on there.

... I just had a crazy thought. Ralf, Clark, Leona for the Ikari Team. Heidern would join the Metal Slug team with Marco and Fio. Holy smokes, batman!

Truth

Scholar
Fez said:
I remember playing the first Bushido Blade in multiplayer. Good game, although the matches were often over in the blink of an eye.

12-10-01.gif

Damn those KOF screens look beautiful. Pure 2D > 3D trying to look 2D (SF IV).

I haven't kept up with KOF after 2001 (the one with the Tetsuo homage). Is he whose legs are tied together still making appearances?

K9999 was great. I have no idea why everyone hates him (besides him being a cheap bastard, which can be fixed).

Yes, Iori is still alive and kicking, but Ash fucked him up in KOF XI, so no one knows whether he'll be back. He probably will, because SNK wouldn't deny their most ardent supporters the ability to produce Kyo/Iori homoerotic fanfic.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, to me the commander-type storyline and the look with the beret and the eyepatch make Heidern cool. Not to mention the moveset.

What the storyline's been hinting at, there could be two Ikari teams. I'd bet Ralf, Clark and Whip alongside Heidern, Leona and ??? (could be Adel with all the lead-up in story material).

It'd be nice to have some more extra details on Adel's design too, like some throwbacks to Omega Rugal. Another interesting thing is to see whether Rose/Botan combo is going to be among the boss fights in XII. I actually found Adel harder to beat in 2k3 than Mukai. Well, in XI the only SNK-hard boss was Magaki (dang those projectile spams) with Adel being pretty much just slightly harder than normal matches (plus the 1 on 3 health handicap of course). It'd be nice if they'd throw in G End among Adel's LDMs.

I too would like to know why so many people hate K9999. Or Tetsuo so to speak, since SNK is pretty open about him being almost a carbon copy. I found him awesome with some of the best KoF voice-acting and supers (namely the gun-hand and force-field).

Iori is BOUND to be in XII. The real question is that whether he has his normal moveset or if he'll roll without flames this time.

It doesn't get much cooler than this.
k9999-crazyarm.gif

Every boss in 2k3 is easily beaten by spamming Iori's qcb+P, so I found them all incredibly easy. Magaki in XI was the hardest boss ever the first few times I played him. After that, he became the easiest. He's too predictible and those projectiles are easily avoided. I scored perfects on him with several different characters. Zero's still the baddest motherfucker to ever walk the SNK earth.

We should get on kaillera and start a codex fight club.

Vaarna_Aarne

A good idea with the fight club. As soon as I get some online ones for the PS3. SC4 is still on the list, I just haven't had the time. Any game where I can make a near accurate He-Man to fuck people's shit up is worth my time, even with the Namco mechanics.

Really, the hard part with Magaki was only getting next to him. After that, it was easy. Out of his moves, the only hideous one was the super-priority blue sphere. It could cover his ass pretty well.

But really, Zero and Igniz were some serious motherfuckers to beat. 2k2 Rugal from the PS2 version was too, but that was because the shitty controls added to the difficulty.

It's quite a pity that the chaps with the Akira licence changed their minds about K9999 and he'll probably never again appear in a KoF.

I'm up for some 2k3, 98, RB, whatever online. Too bad Xbox Live only has FFS.

Not mame/kaillera though!

http://2dfighter.com/

You'll still need the roms and the neogeo bios. I'll be on under the moinker zrush2. Remember, only download roms if you have the original copy. Of course, since you probably don't have old arcade boards lying around, the PS2 version will suffice.

Destroid

Arcane
I can rapidshare the neogeo bios if anyone is having a hard time finding it, can be a bitch.

Vaarna_Aarne

That'd be nice Destroid.

Well, I'll start checking into this (and loathe the lack of a pad once again).

It's the first link when you google "neogeo bios".

I need to hook up my stick. I'm getting destroyed in 98. :?

Destroid

Arcane
Lol, it was a giant pita to get when I first dled it. Game roms easy, but the bios was hard. If anyone has a decent ping to Australia I would go some LB2 or MotW. I'm not really sure what is acceptable (I've only used keilera for LAN) but surely it would be really bad playing with much more than 50-100... possibly less.

Romitch

Novice
How do ggpo and kaillera compare to 2df? Which one has the most users? Best netcode?

Vaarna_Aarne

Destroid said:
omg ralph is huge!
And Ryo's face reminds me of Akuma.

Incidentally, SNK confirmed that the console release will be May (or April) 2009 and it's for both the PS3 and X360. This is why I love the region-free part of the PS3...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom