Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ulfhednar

Savant
8.4GB download? Again?

Owlcat is that fratboy roommate you had in college that asked you if he could "Put some beers in the fridge?," and you wake up the next day to several kegs stacked in your shower.

You're kinda pissed, but you also totally appreciate what he's trying to do...

Andnjord

Arcane
I just found weird ass medallion at some random barrel ( no fatigue amulet with fatigue aura). Maybe they updated rng tables?
Is that pretty early in the game? I think I know the one you mean and it was always in kind of a weird place.
I think it's in a random barrel in Varnhold.
Right, yeah I found it there when I went to visit Maegar Varn after his invitation before the monster attacks started. I don't think it's random.
Sure, I just meant by random that it's a powerful artifact in a barrel in a middle of a village/town with no reason to be there ;)

Canus

Savant
I just found weird ass medallion at some random barrel ( no fatigue amulet with fatigue aura). Maybe they updated rng tables?
That's the Heart of Ira, one of the most broken and powerful items in the game. You can activate that aura from stealth, without breaking stealth, and just silently kill everything within about 20 foot of you.

Raapys

Arcane
Is there some special requirement to building Bulletin Board? I know it requires Lawful alignment, but when I finally got it with my Barbarian the option is still not available.

Vatnik Wumao
Is there some special requirement to building Bulletin Board? I know it requires Lawful alignment, but when I finally got it with my Barbarian the option is still not available.
Speaking of Lawful Barbarians, does alignment change affect your abilities akin to Paladin?

Canus

Savant
Oh just a note for anyone who goes to the far west of the Map in early chapter 5, trying to put off Pitax until it's fixed. It's super easy to pick up quests for the next chapter, and they're grouped in your journal under the next chapter, so I would expect it's an easy wap to just fuck some of the timers in the game.

On the other hand the areas there do have skill checks for 60,000+ xp, so swings and roundabouts.

Canus

Savant
So how does chapter 3 work? I did the hunting grounds quest, when does the next event pop up? Go ahead and spoil it with tags if you want, I don't care. I just want to be able to do the chapter quest asap.

From what I remember there is a series of internal timers to discover additional information about the issue as time goes by. I believe it's sort of a 'Once x is done you will recieve a quest in y ammount of time' scenario.

This walktrhough will tell you exactly how it goes https://www.gamerguides.com/pathfinder-kingmaker/walkthrough/

Raapys

Arcane
Speaking of Lawful Barbarians, does alignment change affect your abilities akin to Paladin?
Actually, I just discovered I can't choose Barbarian for my next level up due to having shifted to Lawful. Wouldn't be a big deal if I could just place some Bulletin Boards then switch it back though.

Vatnik Wumao
Actually, I just discovered I can't choose Barbarian for my next level up due to having shifted to Lawful. Wouldn't be a big deal if I could just place some Bulletin Boards then switch it back though.
Nor can you rage anymore, it seems.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/

Mortmal

Arcane
Fortunately for me, they seem to have forgotten to implement that one.
And thus the eternal dilemma was invoked once more - were it bug or feature?
They took many liberties with the rules , hard to know. In core rules i think you are supposed to be limited in the number of HD summons you can control, here it seems i can fill the screen till it crash, no limit at all.

Ibbz

Augur
Bros, I was thinking after the latest hotfix.
Is PK a RPG with the highest number of bugs?
Without any doubt , highest number of bugs , since the dawn of computer rpg gaming.
Original Daggerfall release without patches was bad - and obviously Pool of Radiance Ruins of Myth Drannor was atrocious as well. Worst was probably Descent to Undermountain though (Ironically also another game Chris Avellone worked on :) ).

Mortmal

Arcane
Without any doubt , highest number of bugs , since the dawn of computer rpg gaming.
Original Daggerfall release without patches was bad - and obviously Pool of Radiance Ruins of Myth Drannor was atrocious as well. Worst was probably Descent to Undermountain though (Ironically also another game Chris Avellone worked on :) ).
I remember those, they are good contenders, but not nearly as much as release kingmaker.

Ibbz

Augur
I remember those, they are good contenders, but not nearly as much as release kingmaker.

Ah the memories...
http://archive.arstechnica.com/reviews/01q4/pool_of_radiance/pool-1.html

The first and most glaring (and frustrating) problem with POR is the fact that the encounter levels are way (as in light years) out of whack. I got out my DM's Guide at one point and tried to figure out the challenge for an early encounter. My party was four characters of fourth level which in game terms was worthy of encounters up to level six if you're a sadistic game master. The enemy Orcs I was trying to defeat worked out to be an encounter level 12. In a table-top game, the players would have strung up the DM who did this to them. I save-loaded for more than two hours trying to defeat this encounter, which is one of the most discouraging things that can happen in any game.

If you don't know much about the table-top rules, suffice it to say that the encounter I described above was so unbalanced as to be laughable. Problem was, it didn't make me laugh - it made me stomp around the apartment and rant at Hannibal about how absurd the game was and that "if I didn't have to review this, I'd melt the game into bullets and shoot it into the ass of the guy who made it!" And further, I was encountering Orcs and skeletons with an armor class well above 20! Uh, no.

The next set of problems I encounter was the failed save-game bugs. Twice I saved the game only to come back and reload to find these files corrupted (that adds up to what was probably three hours of my time). After I updated to version 1.2, I still encountered the problem once more. The game dumped me straight to the desktop more than once and the sound cut out on a couple of occasions, too. Another one of the more curious bugs was that combat would sometimes end before all the monsters were killed, then, the few that remained would simply vanish. This happens in many of the battles toward the end of the game. Is this a bug, or am I just that good?

The most vile and treacherous bug to come along in a long time is the uninstall bug that wipes out system files. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, uninstall this game before you run the update from the POR homepage.

Saying that, I have obviously been lucky - I haven't had alot of the issues that others have had - broken quests sure, but nothing game breaking or insurmountable (and I've been playing since release day)

Raapys

Arcane
Eh, just checked the code. Apparently it's 'kingdom alignment', not your current alignment.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
when you guys do the bokken '' potion '' quest, heal him after the end of the quest.

it'll save you from a retarded bug later.

Cael

Arcane

Ah the memories...
http://archive.arstechnica.com/reviews/01q4/pool_of_radiance/pool-1.html

The first and most glaring (and frustrating) problem with POR is the fact that the encounter levels are way (as in light years) out of whack. I got out my DM's Guide at one point and tried to figure out the challenge for an early encounter. My party was four characters of fourth level which in game terms was worthy of encounters up to level six if you're a sadistic game master. The enemy Orcs I was trying to defeat worked out to be an encounter level 12. In a table-top game, the players would have strung up the DM who did this to them. I save-loaded for more than two hours trying to defeat this encounter, which is one of the most discouraging things that can happen in any game.

If you don't know much about the table-top rules, suffice it to say that the encounter I described above was so unbalanced as to be laughable. Problem was, it didn't make me laugh - it made me stomp around the apartment and rant at Hannibal about how absurd the game was and that "if I didn't have to review this, I'd melt the game into bullets and shoot it into the ass of the guy who made it!" And further, I was encountering Orcs and skeletons with an armor class well above 20! Uh, no.

The next set of problems I encounter was the failed save-game bugs. Twice I saved the game only to come back and reload to find these files corrupted (that adds up to what was probably three hours of my time). After I updated to version 1.2, I still encountered the problem once more. The game dumped me straight to the desktop more than once and the sound cut out on a couple of occasions, too. Another one of the more curious bugs was that combat would sometimes end before all the monsters were killed, then, the few that remained would simply vanish. This happens in many of the battles toward the end of the game. Is this a bug, or am I just that good?

The most vile and treacherous bug to come along in a long time is the uninstall bug that wipes out system files. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, uninstall this game before you run the update from the POR homepage.

Saying that, I have obviously been lucky - I haven't had alot of the issues that others have had - broken quests sure, but nothing game breaking or insurmountable (and I've been playing since release day)
Don't tell him about that Balor in ToEE. Your level 10 party (level capped at 10, to boot) has to deal with a CR20 bad boy with two efreeti as backup. And that is before he summons up another Balor with 100% chance of success. Fun times.

Cael

Arcane
Black Archer Man + Oversized Acid Bow + Enlarge + Hurricane Bow...

:shredder::shredder::shredder:

Muh ballista.

Yeah, sorry replaceable Dead Elf Lady, Black Archer Man has your job now.
There is nothing wrong with a bow that fires entire trees. NOTHING!!! Muahahahahahahahahaha!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom