Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Reminder that if you support this game you're supporting those who fucked Bigmoon Studio for their treachery.
fixed

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who is throwing all that cuck on the last page?
my-butthurt-detector-is-going-crazy-memecrunch-com-25735779.png

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
quoting HobGoblin42 about stretchgoal :
We don't reveal stretch goals if we aren't sure to reach our basic goal.

But I can already tell you that one of our planned goals is martial , another is melodic.

Let me guess...:bounce:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Fucking hell what kind of decline enablers put 40% of the god damn funding to a fucking story? That should be at least 50% level design, no higher than 10% storyfaggotry, and the rest to bump up sounds and animations.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Reminds me of Ellis Studios and/or that Demons Age game. The combat is incredibly slow and enemies are too far apart for combat to initiate.

Somebody should change your tag to definitely retarded, people have told you a couple of times that Demon Age was a fucking asset flip, graphics to which they didn't have the rights, why are you so think fucking dense

Deleted Member 16721

Somebody should change your tag to definitely retarded, people have told you a couple of times that Ellis Studios' Demon Age was a fucking asset flip, graphics to which they didn't have the rights, why are you so think fucking dense

Huh? I never said Ellis Studios made Demons Age. Big Moon or whoever did. But they're all probably working together. The graphics, tilesets, character portraits and much more remind me of Ellis Studios games I've played in the past, like Sacred Blade.

Deleted Member 16721

Crichton

Prophet
Alright, I backed this, going against my habit of only backing sequels to games I enjoyed; you guys had better not fuck this up.

Mustawd

Okay, I don't really care to get into it. But to me the game looks a bit boring as-is. Basic 3.5 implementation, combat takes too long and the enemies are sometimes very far apart. It needs work at the moment. I hope it turns out to be a great game, some of the features sound interesting.

Hey guys, I’m back and more retarded than ever. Please check out my youtube channel!!

Jrpgfan

Erudite

Okay, I don't really care to get into it. But to me the game looks a bit boring as-is. Basic 3.5 implementation, combat takes too long and the enemies are sometimes very far apart. It needs work at the moment. I hope it turns out to be a great game, some of the features sound interesting.

Hey guys, I’m back and more retarded than ever. Please check out my youtube channel!!

2ka4d4.jpg

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Somebody should change your tag to definitely retarded, people have told you a couple of times that Ellis Studios' Demon Age was a fucking asset flip, graphics to which they didn't have the rights, why are you so think fucking dense

Huh? I never said Ellis Studios made Demons Age. Big Moon or whoever did. But they're all probably working together. The graphics, tilesets, character portraits and much more remind me of Ellis Studios games I've played in the past, like Sacred Blade.

You don’t seem to understand. The game looks like Demons Age because Bigmoon effectively stole the assets that are being used for Realms Beyond (assets that were originally developed for Chaos Chronicles—the now defunct publisher gave them to Bigmoon even though they didn’t own them). They’re not working together. Demons Age was removed from steam because Ceres hit them with a DMCA complaint. I can’t understand why this story seems less plausible to you than “it’s a conspiracy! They’re all the same dudes!”

I don’t know how you can see this and think it looks like Sacred Blade or any other garbage from Ellis Studios. To me, Realms Beyond looks more like Arcanum than anything else. But, just in case you get the wrong idea, that doesn’t mean Ceres is somehow in cahoots with Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky.

You’ve had a hateboner for this thing since it was announced. How could you even tell the pace of the combat from that video (also, IIRC JarlFrank said you can speed up the combat animations). Not sure what “enemies are sometimes very far apart” is supposed to mean. Why is that a problem?

Deleted Member 16721

You don’t seem to understand. The game looks like Demons Age because Bigmoon effectively stole the assets that are being used for Realms Beyond (assets that were originally developed for Chaos Chronicles—the now defunct publisher gave them to Bigmoon even though they didn’t own them). They’re not working together. Demons Age was removed from steam because Ceres hit them with a DMCA complaint. I can’t understand why this story seems less plausible to you than “it’s a conspiracy! They’re all the same dudes!”

I don’t know how you can see this and think it looks like Sacred Blade or any other garbage from Ellis Studios. To me, Realms Beyond looks more like Arcanum than anything else. But, just in case you get the wrong idea, that doesn’t mean Ceres is somehow in cahoots with Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky.

I have no comment on this, other than what I already said. It looked similar, I played Sacred Blade and Cave of Sorrows which also used 3.5 OGL and also came with a "modkit to make your own adventures and campaigns". If I'm wrong, fine, I'm not even passing judgment yet. I hope it's legit and becomes a good game if it gets funded.

You’ve had a hateboner for this thing since it was announced. How could you even tell the pace of the combat from that video (also, IIRC JarlFrank said you can speed up the combat animations). Not sure what “enemies are sometimes very far apart” is supposed to mean. Why is that a problem?

Enemies sometimes were hurling projectiles from a very long distance, longer than a typical encounter in a game like this would allow. Also, the fight with orcs was almost a half hour and very slow and dull. I don't have a hateboner, I'm just going by what I see. It has the basic 3.5 Feats and stuff, cool, but it needs more than that. The world exploration seems interesting, but again, it needs more to compete with the likes of Kingmaker for me, which has 3.5 Feats and tons more than this game has shown. If combat can be sped up and presents a reasonably interesting turn-based approach, maybe with some surprises in combat or character development, I'll check it out. But if that's how combat is going to look for the release, it's too slow and boring to me right now. And character development better be really damn good because that's what I sink into when I play games like this. Just my 2.

Mustawd

I have no comment on this, other than what I already said. It looked similar, I played Sacred Blade and Cave of Sorrows which also used 3.5 OGL and also came with a "modkit to make your own adventures and campaigns". If I'm wrong, fine, I'm not even passing judgment yet. I hope it's legit and becomes a good game if it gets funded.

Enemies sometimes were hurling projectiles from a very long distance, longer than a typical encounter in a game like this would allow. Also, the fight with orcs was almost a half hour and very slow and dull. I don't have a hateboner, I'm just going by what I see. It has the basic 3.5 Feats and stuff, cool, but it needs more than that. The world exploration seems interesting, but again, it needs more to compete with the likes of Kingmaker for me, which has 3.5 Feats and tons more than this game has shown. If combat can be sped up and presents a reasonably interesting turn-based approach, maybe with some surprises in combat or character development, I'll check it out. But if that's how combat is going to look for the release, it's too slow and boring to me right now. And character development better be really damn good because that's what I sink into when I play games like this. Just my 2.

So basically you’re butthurt cuz you think this would make a shitty youtube LP. Got it.

Are you guys seriously trying to argue with that retard?

100% agree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom