Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative:
This thread should be nuked out of existence. It is 90 pages of the same shit on endless repetition! This must be the 10th time somebody makes the same statement that beamdog are pile of greedy retards...and then people keep repeating it 10 more times but in different post structure.
This is different from any other Beamdog thread how?

Of course, we could always talk about PoE. That would be completely unique.
What other beamdog threads? They are all the same,i don't even bother differentiating them. Also PoE is very different,there is that retarded shill safan or safon or what ever his name is. It is clear example of codexian corruption gone too far. Him and infi are sucking each other's dicks soo much that they have become Oroboro!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/10/october-12-livestream-recap.html

October 12 Livestream Recap

Trent, Sarah, and other Beamdog team members have been busy in the V/O booth creating new player soundsets for BG:EE, BGII:EE, IWD:EE, and NWN:EE.

Today Beamdog Producer Luke Rideout and Community Manager Sarah Dawson shared the latest studio news and updates. They talked about Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition finally coming to GOG, the latest development progress on NWN:EE for Android, and an upcoming voice pack.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition on Android and iOS is 80% off this week! Hurry up, and get it for only $1.99!
  • During the next 2 days grab Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack for 50% off at Beamdog.com! The soundtrack now includes music from Heart of Winter.
  • We’re still hiring! If you’re a developer, programmer, or technical artist, come and wort at Beamdog! Keep an eye on our jobs page!
  • Don’t miss out on Beamdog sales, updates, contests, and more! Sign up for our newsletter for the latest.

“Working at Beamdog has been the most rewarding job I’ve had in years!” ~ Luke
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is now available on GOG! Don’t miss these awesome launch discounts: 25% off NWN:EE, and 35% off the Digital Deluxe Edition which includes several adventure modules, the game's Soundtrack and the Heroes of Neverwinter pack! For a limited time, owners of the Diamond Edition get an additional 25% off when purchasing Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe on GOG.

“Future patches for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will be released on all platforms (Beamdog, GOG, Steam) at the same time.” ~ Luke
  • Trent, Sarah, Dan, Andrew, and Elyse have been recording new player soundsets for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. You’ll want to hear that Trent yelling as a chaotic barbarian!
  • In addition to directing the Beamdog crew, Mark Meer has also been recording new lines as drow sorcerer Baeloth Barrityl and that most major of the modern minor mages, Alveus Malcanter!
  • Alveus Malcanter is coming to BG:EE, BGII:EE, IWD:EE, and NWN:EE as a magic item merchant with special wares for Dice, Camera, Action! voice and portrait pack owners. More news on that soon!
  • Everyone loves Baeloth. Everyone wants to be Baeloth. Soon you’ll be able to assign special soundsets of Alveus and Baeloth to your party characters! Again, more news soon™.
  • We generally contract V/O artists for projects. If you have a portfolio and want to work with us, send it to contact@beamdog.com, and we'll pass it on to our creative team.

“NWN is a great platform for new stories!” ~ Luke
  • The core UI pass for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android is nearly done. On Monday we’ll be moving to the final bug gauntlet. Stay tuned for future public beta news!
  • The way NWN:EE on Android will handle hak content is very similar to installing haks on PC. The file system on Android is quite open and allows having override and mod folders.We're considering “NWSync” for this in the future, but for the immediate future, “NWSync” is a tool to help with connecting to servers.
  • Players on Android will be able to play NWN:EE on PW servers with custom content thanks to “NWSync”. Mobile players will be able to connect to multiplayer games similarly to PC, and multiplayer will be cross-platform. Modules can be installed through the file system. You’ll need to have some extra space on your mobile device, though, to download custom content, so it could be potentially space-intensive.
  • Minimal spes for NWN:EE on Android are still TBD, but we recommend devices that came out in the last 3 years at least.
  • In-between UI size is already possible for NWN:EE on Android. For example, players will be able to resize UI to 1.7., or 1.9, or whatever fits the screen. This feature, along with the True Type Font support, will be ported to the PC version.
  • Achievements for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition are progressing. We have created a list of achievements, as well as the ability to track and award them. One of Luke’s favorite achievements is “Don’t believe his lies!” - which you will get by succeeding a hard bluff check.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

Bonus:

Bocian

Arcane
One of Luke’s favorite achievements is “Don’t believe his lies!” - which you will get by succeeding a hard bluff check.
Taking lessons from Todd, I see...

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Not to be a joykiller but it looks like the big issue is that they go out of their way to zoom in an isometric game. Even Sword Coast Legends, a game that otherwise looks superb from afar, doesn't do that. I know the game being in 3D was a big deal in PR at the time, but it was still a successor to Baldur's Gate 2. This is not a trick question: do NVN players consider it important that the game look good from up close and do they zoom in frequently?
NWN is a single character (+ 2 companions but not even direct control) game and as such it can focus on a much smaller area.
You don't need to get any real overview if all you directly control is one character.
So NWN was always meant to played with a close zoom.

On the contrary, a broad overview is desirable to see mobs coming at you and direct long range fire at them immediately, and planning tactics generally. I play NWN fully zoomed out, only occasionally zooming in if there is something in particular that seems to merit a closer look.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I don’t believe my IWD EE came with the sound track nor the EE BGI/II.

All sold separately for 9.99 ea⛳

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
NWN was always meant to played with a close zoom.

One could be forgiven for thinking that because the cam auto-zooms in on NPCs when you click on them for dialogue purposes. NWN2 does not do this. It keeps the cam exactly where the player had it (unless it's cutscene dialogue).

I play NWN and NWN2 fully zoomed out most of the time for the reason given by Rogueknight.

You can't get tactical angles like this in NWN:

scouts.jpg

battle.jpg

You can of course get similar angles in NWN. If you get the cam hack you can zoom out pretty far, too, in order to see more of the playing field. What I should have said was that you can't track along such angles (like a dolly cam on rails).

This is the beauty of the NWN2 strategy cam with "move freely" checked.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Refusing to support Beamdog, I ordered the original Neverwinter Nights online though it did not come with box or manual. Or even a CD.

nn2.jpg

I think I did something wrong during the installation.

Cael

Arcane
I was at one stage considering buying BG:EE and BG2:EE. Then, I saw the trainwreck that was SoD and immediately put cuckdog on the boycott list.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not to be a joykiller but it looks like the big issue is that they go out of their way to zoom in an isometric game. Even Sword Coast Legends, a game that otherwise looks superb from afar, doesn't do that. I know the game being in 3D was a big deal in PR at the time, but it was still a successor to Baldur's Gate 2. This is not a trick question: do NVN players consider it important that the game look good from up close and do they zoom in frequently?
NWN is a single character (+ 2 companions but not even direct control) game and as such it can focus on a much smaller area.
You don't need to get any real overview if all you directly control is one character.
So NWN was always meant to played with a close zoom.

On the contrary, a broad overview is desirable to see mobs coming at you and direct long range fire at them immediately, and planning tactics generally. I play NWN fully zoomed out, only occasionally zooming in if there is something in particular that seems to merit a closer look.
Yeah, that's how you play it.
And probably most other, too.
But I can practically guarantee this wasn't what the devs were thinking when developing it. Otherwise, the default view wouldn't be what it is. Nor all the narrow corridors and small levels.

I'm not arguing how it can or should be played, just what was the intention.
Of course, maybe nobody was thinking about it at all and that's just how it ended up the way it did.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Bah! I’m a fool and the extra discount for Diamond owners was too tempting. I bought it.
daily_gifdump_1333_12.gif

May Gamer God rage at my soul....

and laugh at my shameful wallet.

Btw, I bookmarked that blog section. Now I’m not quite as retarded having learned the difference between mods and adventure “modules.” Derpity derp derp.

Last edited:

zapotec

Liturgist
I was looking at the steam store page of the Enhanced Edition and it seems the game store page includes the reviews made for the now removed Diamond edition.
Maybe it's a bug, it doesn't happen in the NWN EE Gog store page.

Vulpes

Scholar
It's been over a year now since Beamdog started working on this, correct? So can we finally expect to see some actual changes done or what?

Dodo1610

Arcane
What are Beamdog's plans for NWN aside from adding trannies and new bugs? HD textures? upadeted character models?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom