Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Well if you need arguments not to be hyped, it's extremely improbable to make a game with all those features and a dynamic world, even with a huge budget. And this has all to be done with a fraction of the resources of Star Citizen, so they will be cutting corners and their procedural approach will produce funny results.

The thing they have going for them is that many people will be turning away from SC and looking for alternative games. In that respect the timing is very good for X4

Perkel

Arcane
X3 and X:rebirth with mods have dynamic world. You can wipe out whole factions and systems change hands.
Unlike vanilla they also do not spawn shit but operate on budgets.

Perkel

Arcane
DarkUnderlord can you move this thread to space sims part of forum ?

------------------

screenshot of map UI:

ss_d156be38c6b9902ad9780c6d0141036a0ee02912.1920x1080.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Well you are kind of right. Imho best way would be to have two links going to same thread in both space and general gaming.

praetor

Arcane
though, on the other hand, having a couple of the more popular Space games in the Space subforum could bring some much needed life to it?

dunno...

Modron

Arcane
though, on the other hand, having a couple of the more popular Space games in the Space subforum could bring some much needed life to it?

dunno...
It had more life when all sims business/city building/racing/flight/space were all bundled together instead of most of those being thrown into general gaming and forgotten with all the talk of casual AAA games in there.

praetor

Arcane

dunno...
It had more life when all sims business/city building/racing/flight/space were all bundled together instead of most of those being thrown into general gaming and forgotten with all the talk of casual AAA games in there.

absolutely. i'm just trying to make the most of it of the shitshow we have now

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ITT: Lots of potential buyers for that bridge I want to sell. Perkele front of the line.

Like the wise George Dubya said: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, uh, you can't get fooled again"

Raapys

Arcane
Meh, spending all this budget on these absurd cockpits when they could be spending it on more ship types.

ADL

Prophet
Even at their shittiest, Egosoft at least attempts to do interesting things. They're the Piranha Bytes of space sims. As long as it has more of an end game than X Rebirth, I'm in day one pretty much no matter what.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Do these games work as well with a HOTAS as Elite Dangerous? I just realized I haven't replayed an X game since before I got it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom