Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Ban fluent

He's a silly creep that belongs on RPGWatch with all the other weirdos.

Ok, I posted a short write-up (from my correspondence with Peter) and added a KS widget on the blog, too.

Hope this gets funded.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ah, the agent of decline is at it again. Always shilling the lowest of the lowest garbage including random shovelware, Beamdog crap and NVIDIA Shield, unsurprisingly comes to shit on actual incline.

I'm guessing he just wants free Steam keys or something.

deuxhero

Arcane
Apparently they're playing with the magic rules. At that point why not just use psionics? They're OGL, well liked (if you remember you can't spend more PP on a power than your manifester level), better balanced than spells and you can crib from (also OGL) Dreamscarred Press material if you need more stuff (like a healer class).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Apparently they're playing with the magic rules. At that point why not just use psionics? They're OGL, well liked (if you remember you can't spend more PP on a power than your manifester level), better balanced than spells and you can crib from (also OGL) Dreamscarred Press material if you need more stuff (like a healer class).
They are not better balanced lol. Psions can go Nova and spend all their PP in few rounds of combat obliterating everyone on the other side and then be useless until next rest. They are even worse than wizards in connection with the 15min adventuring day issue.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
ArchAngel
I literally put "if you remember you can't spend more PP on a power than your manifester level" in my post. WotC should have done more to emphasis that rule, but it always existed.

Bohr

Arcane
What happened to Fluent's World channel

Youtube just isn't the same now :negative:

8jiieVWO_o.png

deuxhero

Arcane
I like the local level walk/hustle animation (though with a party of 6 all visible there needs to be more than one animation), though the overworld map animations look clunky by comparison.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I could be fabulously optimistic here (my dream was for ToEE + toolset), but I think Ceres Games will reach their funding goal.

If they have coordinated their future marketing with a couple of mainstream news sites (the ones "the cattle" read), all the better.

Then, it will just be a matter of following through and giving us the incline we deserve.

ArchAngel

Arcane
ArchAngel
I literally put "if you remember you can't spend more PP on a power than your manifester level" in my post. WotC should have done more to emphasis that rule, but it always existed.
There is no rule like that for a whole round. That rule is per usage of power. There are powers and abilities that let you overcome that rule. I guess you never tried to abuse Psions when you don't know basic ways people made them worse than wizards.

deuxhero

Arcane
ArchAngel
Quicken Power and various ways to increase your manifester level exist, but they hardly let you nova worse than a Wizard. Over-extend yourself perhaps, but it's rarely particularly useful to blow a quarter of your PP on powers (unless you're a psiwar buffing, then it's hardly a "nova"). Best tricks with psionics are all slow burn (Psycrystal's Share Powers+ Vigor+Share Pain)

ArchAngel

Arcane
ArchAngel
Quicken Power and various ways to increase your manifester level exist, but they hardly let you nova worse than a Wizard. Over-extend yourself perhaps, but it's rarely particularly useful to blow a quarter of your PP on powers (unless you're a psiwar buffing, then it's hardly a "nova"). Best tricks with psionics are all slow burn (Psycrystal's Share Powers+ Vigor+Share Pain)
(I am working from old memory here because we playtested Psions in 3.5 long time and and gave up because they were busted)
There is quicken yes, also a power that lets you cast more powers per round. And abilities that let you use more PP than allowed (it was that other Psion class that was more like a Psion sorcerer). You could also cast from your psi stone or something. In the end, you could blow like half your PP in one round and obliterate enemies (and it didn't help that attack powers would let you choose element at time of casting so you can always ignore enemy resistances).

EDIT: Also there was a feat that let you use more PP for life or something.
EDIT2: Overchannel. You can increase your manifester level by 3 if you do 5d8 damage to yourself which was not a problem since there are powerful powers that give you lots of temporary HP.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pathfinder: KM guys could do a shoutout with next KS update. Both games are based on D&D OGL so they are kind of sister/brother type :)

ArchAngel

Arcane
wow I don't remember JOSH giving a shout out for pathfinder: kingmaker, must be that because this is turn-based he sees it as something different and not something superior.
Or maybe because he is butthurt Obsidian made a deal with Paizo to make Pathfinder games and then Paizo gave a RPG to Owlcat while Obsidian was left with a pathetic card game.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe not, but...

Plot twist:

Feargus spent the money he originally stole from Chris Avellone on the Kickstarter pledge to clear his guilty conscience and then took the team out to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate how thoughtful and forgiving he was. Incidentally, the pumpkin pecan cheesecake he was devouring was so delicious that Feargus spontaneously yelled out, "FUCK THIS IS GOOD FUCKIN' CHEESECAKE!" as he pounded his fists onto the table in satisfaction of another successful business lunch.

"Hey! Could you please tone it down? My son and I are trying to enjoy our lunch," bellowed a man from an adjacent booth. "And there's no reason to go so hard..."

"How dare you tell me what to do! Don't you know who I am?!" exclaimed Feargus. "How about you don't be so fucking SOFT?" he continued without catching his breath.

"You're right..." the man got out of his booth and walked over to the table Feargus and company were sitting. It was none other than Phil Spencer, head of the Xbox division. "I am soft. MICROSOFT!"

and that's the night Feargus met Phil.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom