Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
so reading their announcement we wont get THE PATCH on Oct 22 anymore and will do THE PATCH after they've fixed most of the bugs via hotfixes?

see ya in 2020 lads

tfw waited for 22nd to start playing properly. I don't even want to start a throwaway campaign if its unknown whether its actually going to be thrown away. Is every day in russia vladimir and estragon day or what?
Fucking wonderful.

Really though, did I really think the patch was going to be out on the 22nd? I was fooling myself

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
So far nothing on PK discord indicates 1.1 is not coming, i am not sure why are you interpreting the latest patch note that way.

Btw, ETA was always "after 22nd", not on 22nd.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why would you have a licensed party member...? Did they pay extra... just to have less creative freedom with a party member?
What were they thinking? That this will be some kind of crowd drawer? "Wow, Regdar the Human Fighter is in this DnD 3.0 game, I must buy it!"
I doubt they paid extra for it. If anything Paizo probably had it as part of licensing Pathfinder to them to try to generate more brand recognition or some shit, so people who only play the CRPG might see Amiri in some tabletop book and be marginally more inclined to buy it for whatever reason.
when you guys do the bokken '' potion '' quest, heal him after the end of the quest.

it'll save you from a retarded bug later.
Son of a bitch. Did that last night. Oh well, bug here I come.
Black Archer Man + Oversized Acid Bow + Enlarge + Hurricane Bow...
Give him the amulet that gives him +2d6 sneak attack too. BAM is the real protagonist in Kingmaker.

it s funny how they make some npcs with garbage stats and then black commando is optimized in stats and feats ( as much as you can be without multiclassing ).
Oversized bow + enlarge Person already means -4 to attacks with a bow. Extra damage is nice but everyone has high AC in this game, the black commando will not be hitting often enough for extra damage to matter.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So when is the new look for your capital supposed to kick in? I did a village to town upgrade project. Are there more upgrade projects then village to town?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So when is the new look for your capital supposed to kick in? I did a village to town upgrade project. Are there more upgrade projects then village to town?
Town to city.
BTW, when that upgrade kicks in some people cannot interact with the guy that sells BPs. I guess everyone should buy as much BP as you need before doing that upgrade :D

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Patch broke the cut-scene when you first enter your capital. It keeps playing every time I enter but never finishes. At least I can take control and leave/enter the keep. :lol:

Cael

Arcane
Patch broke the cut-scene when you first enter your capital. It keeps playing every time I enter but never finishes. At least I can take control and leave/enter the keep. :lol:
Shades of Hotel California, then?

"You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!"

hell bovine

Arcane
Give him the amulet that gives him +2d6 sneak attack too. BAM is the real protagonist in Kingmaker.
He is Coran's cousin several times removed. Archer with cheesy stats, find him later in the game in some backwater wilderness area, watch him slaughter everything with his bow and then lose him to a buggy personal quest.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Can magus learn any spell from wizard list at any point in time from a scroll or only spells they have in their list? I only ask because they haven't put Hurricane Bow in the list of the spells for Eldritch archer.
For some reason, someone reacted with
yes.png
, which is wrong. A Magus (including all archetypes) can only ever learn spells from the Magus list, even from scrolls.

This means that no, a Magus can't learn Touch of Gracelessness.
It means that nope, an Eldritch Archer can't learn Hurricane Bow or Ray of Sickening.
And no, a Kensai cannot learn Mage Armor (or Lead Blades, the Hurricane Bow counterpart for melee weapons).

Nor can an Eldritch Scion pick any of these spells either, no matter how appropriate any or all of them are for a Gish.

This is the same as in the Tabletop, but it's just as fucking stupid, and feels just as ridiculously arbitrary.

Edit: It is trivially easy to add these spells to a given level through save-editing, though, but I'm not sure how well it would work out because I haven't tried it yet. It's absolutely something I'm going to do, though - as soon as I have figured out how to make an Eldritch Scion/Eldritch Archer, probably by somehow moving Ranged Spell Combat/Ranged Spellstrike to an Eldritch Scion.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can magus learn any spell from wizard list at any point in time from a scroll or only spells they have in their list? I only ask because they haven't put Hurricane Bow in the list of the spells for Eldritch archer.
For some reason, someone reacted with
yes.png
, which is wrong. A Magus (including all archetypes) can only ever learn spells from the Magus list, even from scrolls.

This means that no, a Magus can't learn Touch of Gracelessness.
It means that nope, an Eldritch Archer can't learn Hurricane Bow or Ray of Sickening.
And no, a Kensai cannot learn Mage Armor (or Lead Blades, the Hurricane Bow counterpart for melee weapons).

Nor can an Eldritch Scion pick any of these spells either, no matter how appropriate any or all of them are for a Gish.

This is the same as in the Tabletop, but it's just as fucking stupid, and feels just as ridiculously arbitrary.
Well there needs to be a reason to play Eldritch Knight :)
Or a combat bard.

There are ways to get those spells in PnP - there's a magus arcana that does that, though I did not see it in this game. Also, at high level magus can pick several wizard spells to add to his spell list, this I believe is in the game. Another way to get them in game could be with Eldritch Scion, Arcane bloodline. I believe Arcane bloodline get bonus spells to pick, could those be from wizard spell list?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Jaethal is a cool character, I think I will use her for neutral party runs as well :D
Her abilities also make her more useful than Valerie, even as a tank.
And her companion quest
Gives her 3 casts of Animate Dead per rest lol. I spammed them vs Greater Enraged Owlbears and they were super useful

Last edited:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014

Deleted Member 16721

Jaethal is a cool character, I think I will use her for neutral party runs as well :D

Would be cool if she was a romance option, and there was an option to perform a ritual to turn undead yourself and rule together as king and queen of the underworld (your undead barony). I guess we can't have everything, though. :)

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Ahahaha, so first I got the busted "Welcome to your capital" event, which I was able to work around, and now whenever I try to leave my keep Kesten immediately talks to me and teleports me back inside. So I can't leave to the world map. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Would be cool if she was a romance option, and there was an option to perform a ritual to turn undead yourself and rule together as king and queen of the underworld (your undead barony). I guess we can't have everything, though. :)
Nah, undead cannot feel passion or love. Calling it a romance is wrong, but something could be added. I hope my Necromancer can turn into undead (although I use Charisma as my dump stat and Charisma is used for bonus HP when you are undead :D)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yeah,but being a corpse is shit for the fucking. Would rather be a normal necrophile.

Deleted Member 16721

Nah, undead cannot feel passion or love. Calling it a romance is wrong, but something could be added. I hope my Necromancer can turn into undead (although I use Charisma as my dump stat and Charisma is used for bonus HP when you are undead :D)

Right, not a love thing, but maybe some king and queen of the undead barony, bound by some necromantic ritual. I just wish you could turn undead, or other surprises like that. In Morrowind learning you could become a vampire was a big deal at the time, and then learning there are clans you can work for was even more surprising. None of that was technically scripted and you kind of stumbled on it and it was rewarding. I even collected all the Necromancy books in the game thinking I could actually become one. :) Sucks when I learned they were just lore books and nothing more.

Deleted Member 16721

Yeah,but being a corpse is shit for the fucking. Would rather be a normal necrophile.

So Urgathoa shows her a vision, how to get carnal pleasures back, but it requires sacrificing more people (neutral/chaotic evil) and your option to do so with her. Could be interesting. :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

So Urgathoa shows her a vision, how to get carnal pleasures back, but it requires sacrificing more people (neutral/chaotic evil) and your option to do so with her. Could be interesting. :)
Meh,who cares about her carnal pleasure,just enslave the undead with magic and make her your toy! :obviously: Prestigious evul!

Cael

Arcane

Meh,who cares about her carnal pleasure,just enslave the undead with magic and make her your toy! :obviously: Prestigious evul!
Or you can use the Gentle Repose spell to preserve the body in its full glory for as long as you remember to cast the damned thing :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom