Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So how's Darghul coming along?

Wait 20 more years, don't die
I try, but it gets harder each year... :(
By the way, I've written an email to Herrn Mittag and I would encourage everybody here to do the same. He should know we are still eagerly awaiting his masterpiece.

Angl'Tur

Novice
I've sent a mail as well. Lets keep our fingers crossed!
I'lee be sending another mail with you guys for sure at the same time. Just got overly encouraged by Ludwig... :shittydog:

Wow, I just read some "news"* about the game:

"Well, game world and plot are complete - you can play the whole thing through from the beginning to the end. However I still need to implement a number of spells, place a number of monsters in those of the dungeons that I've not yet finished, furnish a number of houses, fine-tune the cave/monster/treasure generator, fine-tune monster combat stats, fix some minor bugs, etc. Since I'm currently working full time on that, I ought to be able to complete all of this by Oct. 31st, and release a first (German) version. Depending on how content I'm with the result, that'll be either a Beta or a first official version. Then translation to English would follow, the website would be made over, and after about two or three weeks, mid-November if all goes well, I'll release the English version."

* from the ancient year 2004... :?

Indranys

Savant
O Mein Fuhrer Mittag, Why have you forsaken us...

How can we live without the brilliance of True Darghul in its complete and Anglicised form...

:negative:

azerty

Educated
Hi all faithful and optimistic Teudogar fan ! :D

On his website, it is written "Copyright © 2003-2018 by Wolf Mittag. All Rights reserved. | Contact us | Impressum"
So it is written 2018. Can it be an automatic update or it means that he uptdated it manually meaning that he is still here ?

azerty

Educated
What do you play now ?

Are you all 100% sure that Darghul will never be finished or are you like 95% and still hoping ? :)

azerty

Educated
My email to Wolf Mittag, sent today.
Hello,

I am a huge and loyal fan of Teudogar. And also one who is still hoping that Darghul will be released one day.

The game play, the story, the graphics, the details, the liberty of playing, the way you introduce magic, crafting, fighting, interaction with NPC... I loved that on Teudogar and it is why I am still hoping for Darghul : the game seamed to have all Teudogar's assets and many of itself !

There is still a Community speaking of Teudogar and of the probability that you finish Darghul on your RPG Codex Forum.

We would be so happy to ear news from you and from Darghul.

I wish you all the best and hope that you and your family are fine !

Regards

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally registered to the forum in order to join the Darghul Squad! Sent an e-mail to Wolf Mittag today, I will let you know if he responds.
:positive:

Let us know when the next patch is coming out. Darghul 2 was high tier, and the expansion definitely made it GOTY 2018, but there are still balance issues.

Ladonna

Arcane
Wouldn't Herr Mittag have to recode this or at least recompile it to even finish it up? Unless he still has his XP rig around somewhere...

It is a pity. I enjoyed Teudogar. Has anyone played the original incarnation of Dhargul?

azerty

Educated
Hi !
So here are the last news I have from him. I just post the part he is talking about Darghul and Teudogar. I had a message in 2014 and there i have recent news from august ! :D

PS. You can like my Teudogar Fanpage :
https://www.facebook.com/TeudogarandtheAlliancewithRome/

Me the August 29 said:
Hello,

I am a huge and loyal fan of Teudogar. And also one who is still hoping that Darghul will be released one day.

The game play, the story, the graphics, the details, the liberty of playing, the way you introduce magic, crafting, fighting, interaction with NPC... I loved that on Teudogar and it is why I am still hoping for Darghul : the game seamed to have all Teudogar's assets and many of itself !

There is still a Community speaking of Teudogar and of the probability that you finish Darghul on your RPG Codex Forum.

We would be so happy to ear news from you and from Darghul.

I wish you all the best and hope that you and your family are fine !

Regards

Wolf Mittag the august 30 said:
‎30‎ ‎août à ‎10‎:‎27

Good morning,

I'm really sorry I had so little time for work on DARGHUL over the past
years.

[Various occupation] etc etc leave only little time for my programming hobby.

So the former snail's pace development speed is nowadays more like a
very sleepy and malnourished snail's pace.

Web sites currently shut down: According to German law, lawyers can
"fine" anyone they notice not fully complying with any law. In case of
Germany's super-strict implementation of the E.U.'s new 100+ pages "data
protection" law, it's very hard to comply with every single of their
thousands of points, and a lot of bulletproof legal small print is
required to even do basic operations of a website. Any mistake in the
required smallprint can easily result in a fine several thousand Euros,
as currently, armies lawyers are systematically checking out websites
searching for things they can "fine" the owners for.

Since I'm extremely short on time anyway, I prefer to put the little
time I have into programming rather than all this legalistic nonsense,
thus the shutting down. And given my current "speed", by the time I
finally complete DARGHUL, probably both the E.U. as well as the Federal
Republic of Germany will be long gone, so I can then simply put
everything online again without having to change anything. : - )

Of course I'm also considering to simply give all my source code and
data to the public domain so whoever can and wants to can complete it,
probably drastically faster than I could. But currently everything is a
construction site that's too messy and too little documented, so I think
even giving everything away would require me to first do more cleaning
up and a lot of documenting.

Best regards,

Wolf

Thank you for sharing! Let's hope that either the game will be finished *soon* or he finds some programmers out there who would volunteer to finish the game for him. I wonder if it has any chance of running on Windows 10, because Teudogar already doesn't anymore for me

:shredder:

getter77

Augur
I suppose he could always just get an itch.io page up as a way to avoid most of the backend headaches on top of greater visibility?

Well I don't know if I'm such a crazy freak, but I will wait for this game until I die. I played Teudogar back when I was a youngster, and was uber hyped when I finally convinced my dad to get the full version. Man I had the best time in my life. When I read about a new game with the same "playstyle and graphics" like Teudogar, but improved with one single big world instead of maps and many many more locations, I almost dropped off my chair. That was 7 years ago now, but still, I'm in love with it and this never-dying hype keeps me happy to wait it all out. I played many games, some for really big hour-playcounts, but I still consider this upcoming Darghul-Rework the best game ever (for me). Really a shame that it takes so long, in this time Mr. Mittag could have developed several games like this already. I blame the girls he dated.
:mixedemotions:

azerty

Educated
When I read about a new game with the same "playstyle and graphics" like Teudogar, but improved with one single big world instead of maps and many many more locations, I almost dropped off my chair.
but I still consider this upcoming Darghul-Rework the best game ever (for me).

I COMPLETLY AGREE.

COME BACK MR MITTAG ! <3

I begin to play Wildterra. A game with great Freedom and no storry. Just a big sand box. It is good but not like Teudogar. Lack of scenario and gameplay is not easy. But it is a beta I think.
www.playwildterra.com/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom