Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Make elfs manly again

Vulpes

Scholar
Is it just me or do most all male elves look like traps?
4zi5xau.jpg

zapotec

Liturgist
Some images of Elves from Fighting Fantasy (early 80s):

Their generic picture for Elves on that page was:

Odprjkq.jpg

But it doesn't say which type these are. [I had to take a photo & upload this last one as I couldn't find it on-line, hence the weird page & blurring distortions]

They are black elves (renegade dark elves).
From out of the pit (new edition):

Some Black Elves are nomads, traveling the plains in caravans to trade their wares in isolated settlements.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
  • Elf language: most of elf language is the girliest shit I have ever heard. Like I'm the type that gets embarrassed to order at Starbucks for how girly their shit sounds but ELF LANGAUGE? Ain't gonna speak that

Now elfs didnt use to be this way. Tolkien elves although effeminate were actually strong af. WoW night elves look like Chads that would steal your gf. Who is to blame mostly?

Bioware
So you shit on the elf language, then you bring up Tolkien as a positive example. You do know, that it was Tolkien who invented the elf langugae, don't you?

Also, do you try to gather some Kodex Kool Kredits with shitting on Bioware? Bioware has nothing to do with the things you mentioned above. You are a very low quality 2018 newfag.

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The autism surrounding elves being being gay is utterly hilarious, because it's entirely a product of the western brand of self-loathing.
Think about it: A noble, civilized, refined race that is still mighty but their achievements are one by one slowly slipping from their grasp are portrayed as weak wimpy decadent pansies who never achieved anything of note.

Bonus round: same people who like to meme about knife-ears also tend to like dwarves, a race and society that'd utterly shun them, because dorfs value tradition, hard work and family unit and all the other things most neckbeards don't even aspire to.
Really makes you think, huh?

t. Rpg Freud

Last edited:

• Elf language: most of elf language is the girliest shit I have ever heard. Like I'm the type that gets embarrassed to order at Starbucks for how girly their shit sounds but ELF LANGAUGE? Ain't gonna speak that

Now elfs didnt use to be this way. Tolkien elves although effeminate were actually strong af. WoW night elves look like Chads that would steal your gf. Who is to blame mostly?

Bioware
So you shit on the elf language, then you bring up Tolkien as a positive example. You do know, that it was Tolkien who invented the elf langugae, don't you?

Also, do you try to gather some Kodex Kool Kredits with shitting on Bioware? Bioware has nothing to do with the things you mentioned above. You are a very low quality 2018 newfag.

Shut the fuck up you edgy cunt. There are other universes with their own poor shitty elf language besides tolkien's and I was clearly not specifying Tolkien.

You actually think I give a fuck about fake internet points how pathetic. I guess I can't have an opinion bioware.

I can't believe I even wasted time responding to this worthless shit.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
Elves were never "manly". Even Tolkien Elves were beardless and wrote poetry. Tolkien was originally going to call them fairies, but decided to change them to elves(thankfully).

Mikeal

Arcane
Elves were never "manly". Even Tolkien Elves were beardless and wrote poetry. Tolkien was originally going to call them fairies, but decided to change them to elves(thankfully).

Noldors in his early works were called Gnomes. :D

On the topic. This is how ideal elf body looks. You may not like it but this is what peak performance look like.

Eric%20Velhagen%20-%20Morgoth%20and%20Fingolfin.jpg

Beastro

Arcane
Elves are drawn to be prissy on purpose, in order to excite certain feelings in the viewer. And for that same reason, drow are always drawn with whips, chains, leather, and cat-o-nine-tails. -- It's all sex.

You know how they say sex sells? It does. But that "sex sells" thing, it's not all T&A on the beach. Sexual imagery can be more subtle. The way an elf sits, the arm placement, what they're holding, these things can all provide subtle cues that evoke sexual feelings in the viewer. Which is done for two reasons. 1) Such effeminate imagery evokes both the familiar and the alien at the same time. It's something not so unknown that people don't recognize it, but it's also strange and "other". So, with a few subtle cues, you provide an image of an alien race that feels different, yet at the same time familiar. 2) If a large portion of your audience are effeminate boys (and with fantasy, it is), that prissy image of an elf causes them to have a funny feeling in their pants, which feeling they want more of, and they are willing to plunk down their allowance to get it.

Now, your dweeby tween probably doesn't know that the image of the drow homeland -- underground, authoritarian, cruel, filled with spider imagery and tawdry gilt, leather harnesses, whips, chains, and male slaves -- is all just an image of a BDSM lair. But we're all adults here, so we can recognize it for what it is. And for the purposes of marketing, that dweeby tween doesn't need to know that it's a BDSM lair, anyway; they just need to know that they likes what they sees. You know, likes it in their pants.

Makes me think of the eye roll I did seeing this pic for the first time and who it was marketing towards:

serveimage

Beastro

Arcane
The autism surrounding elves being being gay is utterly hilarious, because it's entirely a product of western brand of self-loathing.
Think about it: A noble, civilized, refined race that is still mighty but their achievements are one by one slowly slipping from their grasp are portrayed as weak wimpy decadent pansies who never achieved anything of note.

Bonus round: same people who like to meme about knife-ears also tend to like dwarves, a race and society that'd utterly shun them, because dorfs value tradition, hard work and family unit and all the other things most neckbeards don't even aspire to.

t. Rpg Freud

More RPG Freud ITT: Codex hating on a race designed to symbolize Western civilization and the white man while lauding a race based on the Jews.

:D

Elves are basically Japanese.

That's the silliest thing I've he-

By gum, he's right!

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The autism surrounding elves being being gay is utterly hilarious, because it's entirely a product of western brand of self-loathing.

t. Rpg Freud

More RPG Freud ITT: Codex hating on a race designed to symbolize Western civilization and the white man while lauding a race based on the Jews.

I've always thought that gnomes in D&D and other fantasy are more like jews.

Cael

Arcane

t. Rpg Freud

I've always thought that gnomes in D&D and other fantasy are more like jews.
Nah. Gnomes were being turned into Kender lite before 4th Ed hit. Have you seen the Chaos Gnomes???

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Elves spend their immortality on strolling through enchanted woods, making jewelry, and reciting poetry. They are literally women, at least, what women like to imagine to be.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Elves spend their immortality on strolling through enchanted woods, making jewelry, and reciting poetry. They are literally women, at least, what women like to imagine to be.

Elves spend their immortality building the most beautiful and magnificent cities in existence, creating magical weapons and armor unmatched by any other race and honing their combat skills to perfection.

Humans spend their short lifespan shitposting on rpg forums for autists while getting pounded in the ass by guys named hector and juan

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Elves spend their immortality building the most beautiful and magnificent cities in existence, creating magical weapons and armor unmatched by any other race and honing their combat skills to perfection.

But can they shoot a rifle or butcher a hog? I bet my ass they can't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom