Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Resonance of Fate 4K/HD - Out now on PC

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wait, wut? Already? I thought i'll have to wait until evening.

Less then 20$ for me so at least it's not another Valkyria.
Now i have something to do until Pathfinder hotfixes break game completely.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
42GB download with 4K HD textures. This game is better than Planescape Torment!

jungl

Augur
I rented this and didn't know how to pull something off in the combat and quit it early. So many people were clueless on the battle system and the game was not popular at all when it was originally released that literally nobody cared about the game. It probably got as much sales as a blobber. Its alright but like every tri ace game grindy as fuck.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
There's an arena which acts as sort of a tutorial - but you have to find it first and then get there alive ;)

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The gem system (and the low amount you have in the beginning) also likely confused a lot of beginners who ended up constantly in Panic mode.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Grabbed this today as I've been waiting for this game to come out for years on PC, and was never really sure it would. Lo and behold, 2018 rolls around and brings titles like this and Dragon Quest XI to us. Really excited to give it a shot as soon as I'm able. Also wanted to support Tri-Ace's first(?) self-published game released on PC. This one looks like it'll probably be my favorite of theirs besides Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 2. Hopefully this'll lead to them being able to get back on track and start developing good games again!

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
When you get to the late game and have access to a ton of parts, the weapon customization tetris gets so fun :bounce:

Utbk4cA.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
Arthandas, any chance we can get a title change for this thread along the lines of "Resonance of Fate - Out now on PC" ?

deuxhero

Arcane
So apparently the port is solid... except for a complete and utter lack of a quit option. How do you playtest without that coming up?

Jinn

Arcane
So apparently the port is solid... except for a complete and utter lack of a quit option. How do you playtest without that coming up?

The Japanese and PCs man. The Japanese and PCs.

The game is absolutely gorgeous, especially with the 4k textures. I've noticed random stuttering here and there, which is annoying, but not nearly as bad as some ports have been. Solid port that I expect them to polish.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Chapter 5 is when good stuff starts. 5 crystals allows some proper planning and more aggressive fighting, new territory to map, new shop with new good parts for weapon tetris, GRENADES FOR SALE!

lightbane

Arcane

How do you leave then, ALT+F4?? Also, yay, it's out already! So, 16 GB of space? Acceptable if a bit big. What about the HD textures?

:what:

No fucking way I'm going to get these, they outdo fucking Xcom2 in terms of used HDD space.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Alt-Enter, and then click the 'X' to close the window.

Alternatively:
Ctrl-Alt-Delete - End Process.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Chapter 5 is when good stuff starts. 5 crystals allows some proper planning and more aggressive fighting

Yes, the low amount of crystals in the beginning is lame. But at least you notice very additional crystal you gain in the beginning dramatically.

Reinhardt

Arcane
When you get to the late game and have access to a ton of parts, the weapon customization tetris gets so fun :bounce:

Utbk4cA.jpg
I'm poorfag so right now i'm only

353ctpy.jpg

r9e43b.jpg

Some random guy in guild said there was weapon storage deep in mines long ago so i'm preparing for expedition.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Japanese interview with tri-ace devs: https://www.inside-games.jp/article/2018/10/17/118121.html

Why remaster now? After releasing Star Ocean 4 remaster on PC and PS4, with that experience, they were looking for other games to remaster, and of course there was this one. When they talked about it, SEGA said "if you want to do it, here you go." So they're self-publishing this. There's also desire to make a sequel, so they are hoping this remaster sells well enough to do that.

They want to improve many things in a sequel, including more variety of weapon types (which was not possible due to cost of making animations for each type apparently).

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Is city hub navigation less shitty now? In the PS3 version you had to navigate through 4-5 screens with some loading time, to do anything. It was annoying as fuck.

Also be sure to read a FAQ/Guide to understand the battle mechanics. In-game help and game manual don't help at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom