Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is now on Kickstarter

Bohr

Arcane
Just please, please make one of the stretch goals a robust and relatively user-friendly campaign/map editor/creator.

(And making it similarly easy to create and implement new art assets would be fantastic, too.)

For what it's worth, godspeed to the developers. I'm sold.

Finally.

Not sure if you saw this on the KS page? (Don't know about "user friendly" but at least it sounds comprehensive compared to some of the very basic offerings some recent games have had)

Bit more on the editor from the KS comments

Ceres GamesCreatorSuperbackerabout 3 hours ago

The toolset is similar to NWN1 in its user-friendliness, maybe even more so. NWN2's toolset was a little more complicated, especially the terrain mapping, which isn't the case with our level editor: we want it to be intuitive and easy to use so maps can be built without much hassle. Since we have a fixed perspective rather than rotateable 3D, the editor can also be compared to that of Shadowrun Returns when it comes to building maps and placing objects, but our engine is more powerful than SRR's was. We're not too familiar with the editors of D:OS and DA, so we can't give you any comparisons there. We will make a detailed post on the editing tools in the future, so stay tuned for that update!

jdinatale

Cipher
That really is an extraordinary paragraph. That said, I'm disappointed that "the historical realism of Darklands, the vast explorable space of Daggerfall, the intense challenge of Wizardry" and so forth. Feel bad for the games that were left out.

Lmao logged in just to rate funny

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Ceres GamesCreatorSuperbackerabout 3 hours ago

The toolset is similar to NWN1 in its user-friendliness, maybe even more so. NWN2's toolset was a little more complicated, especially the terrain mapping, which isn't the case with our level editor: we want it to be intuitive and easy to use so maps can be built without much hassle.
oho, they're already being shady to get backers to pledge.

The ground can be raised or lowered to create a flat or hilly landscape, and textured and decorated with decals. [...] objects can be placed freely on the map. To create an encounter, just place a group of enemies on the map and set them to hostile. You can also place sources of light with adjustable intensity and shadows, impressive visual effects, flocks of birds, shoals of fish, lively critters, and ambient sounds to spice up the atmosphere of your map. The editor is easy to get into, and extremely powerful once you master it.
this sounds exactly like taken from the box's back of nwn2. it's a terrain mesh, you paint textures and plop down objects to decorate your area. next they will say that they also use tiles ((for the overland map)). it's totally like nwn1, no difference there and nothing to fear, lads.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Not enough swastikas in that trailer for me to support it,someone call me when they release a trailer that ends with Arbeit Macht Frei

Drowed

Arcane
Don't think this will end up being funded.

FABPES.png

Sacibengala

Prophet
Is it even possible to make a game like this? Reality is being so cruel in the last few years that I can't imagine this game being even a fraction of what is promoting to be.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
It's done. Now I must go and wash my hands repeatedly.
Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this filth clean from your hand? No, this your hand will rather the multitudinous seas incarnadine, making the green one red.

Another name checked!! Poor Darklands, still waiting to be picked for kickball.
Honestly I'm rooting for Wizardry but it seems to have been crowded out by the Gold Box and FRUA namedrop.

Fry

Arcane
Nah. Their ambition is way out of alignment with the amount of money they're asking for.

Even if they get 5x the ask, there's no way they'll be able to get enough content in for it to be a game I want to play.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
So what's the story about them being nazis?

They caved in to the shrieking hoards of future non-purchasers and busybodies, one of whom is a prominent stain on the already deeply stained RPGWatch, to get our resident cuddly Nazi ejected from the writing team.

Edit: And then Hobgoeblers shittalked the Codex after spending years shilling his old game on it in his own subforum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom