Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is there any way to get significant amounts of free healing in this other than clerics channel energy?

I guess you could spam stoneskin and protection from energy as a druid, but you might as well do that with a cleric and get the free healing as well.

This game really needs more interesting 'pure' caster options imo. Lots of fun optimizations to be had for melee characters, but casters don't get that much to play with except by turning into caster/melee(or I guess in one case, ranged) hybrids.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
No such Magus Arcana in the game, and nope, Arcane bloodline does not get to pick spells off-list. The thing about high-level Magus is true, however - At lvl 20, a Magus gets to pick a single spell for each spell level, taken from the Wizard/Sorcerer list.
I was disappointed in how limited arcana list is. The game does need more Pathfinder stuff in it. More options (like racial traits), more spells (hell, each school should at least have one spell every level), more archetypes (I want my bladebound magus dammit), more classes (oracle and witch are not in the game, but we get inquisitor?), more races (tiefling please). I hope they plan to add at least some of those when they finally finish the damage control and the game is out of beta.
What I want is the ability to combine archetypes. There is absolutely nothing preventing you from combining Eldritch Archer and Eldritch Scion, yet you flat-out can't. I've been trying to figure out a way to do it via save-editing, giving the Eldritch Archer's Ranged Spellstrike and Ranged Spell-Combat to an Eldritch Scion, but even when I was 100% sure that I had it and everything is showing up correctly, I just ended up breaking both, somehow.

:negative:

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
woa, the bloom is amazing! even the music!

I really like this First World lore... it's the only original thing (so far) that I like of PF... everything else seems a bad copy of DND (this includes the classes tbqh).

Andnjord

Arcane
Wait till you get Asmodues banging on your door. Cheliax is his domain, but he might want slice of your pie. You never know ;)

Well considering that so far I have a Cyclop Lich as my bitch advisor, the Eye of Occulus a gift from Abbadon in my vault, swarms of Hellknights and a terrifying army of Goblins at my disposal...BRING IT ON!
:outrage::outrage::outrage:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
woa, the bloom is amazing! even the music!

I really like this First World lore... it's the only original thing (so far) that I like of PF... everything else seems a bad copy of DND (this includes the classes tbqh).

I thought this post was about Tides of Numenera until I read the "PF" :shittydog:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
XT9eUaU.jpg

please-tell-me-qt6c34.jpg

JoD8QJ8.jpg

:takemyjewgold:

SHE'S A FUCKING HALFLING
:keepmyjewgold:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I was just reading the stat block for Zuggtmoy, the end boss of ToEE, who is meant to be fought by a party of 5-8 level 10 characters.

Zuggtmoy (882 HP) (601 HP if Pishella destroyed the Orb of Golden Death), SR[20], DR (20/Holy; Cold), DResistance (10/-), immune to critical hits and sneak attacks
AC: 26 (+15 Natural Armor, -2 Size Adjustment, +3 Dexterity Modifier)
Attack: +20 (+13 Base Attack, +9 Strength Modifier, -2 Size Adjustment)
Damage: Slam (Bludgeoning) 1d10+9 (Strength Modifier)
summons Vrocks or Glabrezu
casts Displacement
casts Entangle

That's adorable. She could be killed by any random owlbear in this game.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well good to see female halving which is not drawned either in animu or child like style still... why such good looking woman as halving advisor when the game give you rat, tranny and boy as companions from the start?
You do know that the portrait is of Shadenuat's character, right?

I am not used to guys playing as wombyn Comrade but should be sceptical about SJWs putting good looking woman onto their game Da.

Noddy

Augur
Good lord lads, went to the lich's place with enough rations for two rests expecting to steamroll it. Five hours laters my death wards are down, negative levels are stacking up on my front liners, clerics only got first level spells left and i'm down to my last scrolls for haste. Sheer fucking joy when that zombie dropped 2 rations and i got a rest off.

What a fucking game.

Incendax

Augur
Zuggtmoy (882 HP) (601 HP if Pishella destroyed the Orb of Golden Death), SR[20], DR (20/Holy; Cold), DResistance (10/-), immune to critical hits and sneak attacks
casts Displacement
casts Entangle

I'm not saying Owlbears are balanced in this game, but how in the heck is an Kingmaker Owlbear supposed to beat her?

ArchAngel

Arcane
casts Displacement
casts Entangle

I'm not saying Owlbears are balanced in this game, but how in the heck is an Kingmaker Owlbear supposed to beat her?
3 of those Dragonbears could beat her if she didn't have that 20/holy DR. They got no way around that shit.

drgames

Scholar
Y'all should praise le INCLINE.

Truth to be told, I managed the kingdom as Neutral Good char, and due to bugs and lazyness (I did not appreciate the management system at all ) I fucked it all up, that is the kingdom was always crumbling and the BP were lacking. I tried to be a merciful and empath ruler (something towards to Chaotic Good), but nothing, there were always riots and my kingdom was always crumbling. I suspect I should have been listening to the teachings written in the book "The prince" by Machiavelli and be a immoral, cold and opportunist monarch and send to the gulag every possible dissident of my reign. Especially I should have whipped Linzi
for stealing money from the treasury

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

Play now or wait for more hotfixes? :stunned:

Play now. Game is amazing, best CRPG since Baldur's Gate. It's the new standard for incline (bugs aside, what do you expect, it's a very complex game) for CRPGs. That said, I didn't notice many bugs in my own playthrough, but I know they're out there. Nothing gamebreaking for me all the way up to the end of Ch. 3, and then re-rolled a new character and having great fun doing it all over again. Play it now and roll with the punches (they actually do fix a lot of stuff with hotfixes).

drgames

Scholar
Play now or wait for more hotfixes? :stunned:

Play now. It will take months before the game reach a stable state, but that is not a good reason to not enjoy the pie now. Thing is that in my case I was desperatly starving for something that could bring the same fellings that Baldur's Gate did, and this game is the answer. The story is average at best, not at the level of Planescape, but not even at the shit level of PoE 2. The game does not hold your hands, which is for the most part of the game a good thing, but for some mechanics it should be more clear. You may hate/love some companions, but overall they are not so bad. Be aware tho that in the first 100+ hours of the game ( from chapter 1 to chapter 5 ) the bugs are almost unnoticeable, but from chapter 6 and on it is a bugfestival.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

The game does not hold your hands, which is for the most part of the game a good thing, but for some mechanics it should be more clear.

This is the biggest issue I had the first time with it, figuring out Kingdom Management. When to plan, when to do projects, when to adventure, when to build, etc.. But by paying close attention to the important events you can keep your kingdom healthier proactively instead of trying to climb out of riots or crumbling later, which was my mistake. But more info on that section is needed and Owlcat said they are working on doing that, too.

Deleted Member 16721

Except when the bug in question is tied to your save file and things are still messed up for you.

The RPG Gods are demanding a sacrifice of your character and to roll a new one. Nah, jokes aside, that does suck, but they're doing a pretty good of fixing what's out there at a fast pace. It's more than most companies effort put in, that's for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom