Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Generic-Giant-Spider

The best part about WoW expansions is it encourages you to explore other MMORPGs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The problem with that is that there aren't other MMOs. Except for older WoW on private servers lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I was watching some Alexensual video where he mentioned the difference between the new team and the old one, and had to look it up:

DL-k7MkVQAAFk6T.jpg:large

Jesus Christ at those animals, now i know where that pet garbage came from.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Over zealous dog owners are the one type of person I would not mind watching get struck by a lightning bolt from Zeus.

Comte

I was watching some Alexensual video where he mentioned the difference between the new team and the old one, and had to look it up:

Yo where all the mud people at?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
You've got to hand it to Blizzard for making an expansion even worse than Warlols of Dongor or Crapaclysm.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You've got to hand it to Blizzard for making an expansion even worse than Warlols of Dongor or Crapaclysm.

You have to be several degrees of delusional to ever come into that conclusion and either horribly out of touch or think the matter entirely in vacuum. BfA, at it's worst is very mediocre expansion and turd pieces like Cata or WoD are so far behind it to even make this comparisation means you simply do not remember what those two were like when you actually played them (or didn't which is more probable to make this claim)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
At least WoD let you level alts, get insane amounts of money and had cool zones. BfA has no redeeming qualities. Every new gameplay change and content idea they introduced in BfA has been a total disaster. Even basic shit like just how playing any class feels awful due to skill pruning and the new GCD change. This is easily the lowest the game has ever been.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Old crew for comparison, no pets, no wombyn, just your nerdy game guys

ppPNNtI.jpg

Sykar

Arcane
At least WoD let you level alts, get insane amounts of money and had cool zones. BfA has no redeeming qualities. Every new gameplay change and content idea they introduced in BfA has been a total disaster. Even basic shit like just how playing any class feels awful due to skill pruning and the new GCD change. This is easily the lowest the game has ever been.

What change to the GCD was introduced?

Hobo Elf

Arcane

What change to the GCD was introduced?
They made it longer.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
They didn't make it longer, they simply made more abilities have it. Nothing feels more satisfying than popping a damage boost and sitting around for GCD to finish :M

FFXIV has a longer GCD and it feels p. good but that's because that's how it was made from ground up.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
No, they made it longer. They also put most skills that existed outside of the GCD inside of it, but they also made it longer.
The way it used to work is like this: most skills and spells used to be 0.5-1s GCD with some fringe abilities being 1.5s. Now most abilities are 1-1.5s GCD. Skills like Arcane Power and Recklessness are 1.5s GCD, which means that you lose out on some of the duration of these skills since their duration has not been adjusted to match the new GCD.

FF14 has more abilities off GCD than WoW does atm so that's why the combat feels more reactive and fluid.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
What you are saying sounds wrong. Typical GCD length is determined by spec, not the ability (and they added many cooldown abilities to the GCD).

Did you happen to switch characters for the expansion?

J1M

Arcane
GCD was always 1.5s for all classes except rogues, feral druids and (I think) monks and for them it was 1.0s. The only change is that abilities that didn't trigger GCD now do.
Also not true, some specs had passives that adjusted GCDs.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
While I too hate the GCD change, especially so when a death in WPvP was a matter of defensive GCD killing me, declaring it as game-shattering change is quite hyperbolic. Compared to say vanilla, TBC or even WotLK we still have far less GCD running around and in comparison to those versions of the game the GCDs we have are quite generous and in some case altered by haste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom