Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Deleted Member 16721

You only need one level of rogue and Accomplished Sneak attacker to qualify for Arcane Trickster. I know it, I just found out about it too....at lvl11 :negative:

Okay, but how do you get Accomplished Sneak Attacker without a second level of Rogue? Some other class? Or is it a normal level 5 feat for her?

Shadenuat

Arcane
1) Fighter 2 / Inquisitor 18.
It is not that easy to reach level 20 in this game
If even possible

Why fighter 2? She has high enough DEX for medium armor and her weapon selection is solid enough. You're just making her go for her Cleric spells that much longer and you want them quick.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You only need one level of rogue and Accomplished Sneak attacker to qualify for Arcane Trickster. I know it, I just found out about it too....at lvl11 :negative:

Okay, but how do you get Accomplished Sneak Attacker without a second level of Rogue? Some other class? Or is it a normal level 5 feat for her?

Once you have sneak attack from that first rogue level, you can take accomplished sneak attack with a wizard level.

Deleted Member 16721

Once you have sneak attack from that first rogue level, you can take accomplished sneak attack with a wizard level.

Got damn it. So what bonus did I get for taking her to 2nd level, and possibly now 3rd level Rogue (if I didn't get a bonus from 2nd level, might as well go to third, or just Arcane Trickster next level) ? While leveling up I thought she was seeing that because I took the Rogue level. Do I get any perks for giving her 2nd level in Rogue? An extra point in Reflex Saves or something at least?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Got damn it. So what bonus did I get for taking her to 2nd level, and possibly now 3rd level Rogue (if I didn't get a bonus from 2nd level, might as well go to third, or just Arcane Trickster next level) ? While leveling up I thought she was seeing that because I took the Rogue level. Do I get any perks for giving her 2nd level in Rogue? An extra point in Reflex Saves or something at least?

You got a rogue talent and evasion:

At 2nd level and higher, a rogue can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the rogue is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Really not worth the tradeoff of being an extra level behind with your spellcasting, though.

Deleted Member 16721

You got a rogue talent and evasion

Eh, not too terrible then, but definitely would have taken a level of Wizard instead. But onwards we go...

Really not worth the tradeoff of being an extra level behind with your spellcasting, though.

That's for sure but it's too late. What about 3rd level Rogue, though? Extra Sneak Attack damage could be cool, but I should probably cut losses and just go Arcane Trickster at level 6.

Yosharian

Arcane

2nd level Rogue gives you evasion

3rd dex-to-damage with 1 weapon

Deleted Member 16721

2nd level Rogue gives you evasion

3rd dex-to-damage with 1 weapon

And an extra 1d6 of Sneak Attack damage, right? She always hits with that, so it might be *somewhat* worth it, maybe...kind of.

vazha

Arcane
Somebody help me. How do I use cheatengine? Need to change my lvls back. Picking abyssal bloodline was a massive mistake. Getting 4 Dragon Disciple (+4 Str, 2 AC) lvls is vastly superior than trudging all the way to lvl 13 to get 4 strength. So what do I do? Also would rather change my sorcerer lvls for that of magus.
All of this Yosharian 's fault. It was his spells! spells! moar spells! mantra that forced my hand into picking a sorc as a str based build. Pally 2/Monk 1/Vivi 1/ DD 4/ES 5/ EK 7 is what I want and need. Yes, I will lose (only (!) two blank spellcasting levels, and not get access to transformation, but it will be a superior fighter nonetheless + I ll get some fighter feats and better bab than if I had went with sorc.

So please help me now. How do I make this happen? I'm currently lvl 7.

Shadenuat

Arcane
:lol:

Just play Magus 20 you goddamn autist it's nearly not as bad as this
Pally 2/Monk 1/Vivi 1/ DD 4/ES 5/ EK 7
frigging bullshit

or accept your choices, make it work and play through the game like a real genderfluid dragon

Incendax

Augur
Why fighter 2? She has high enough DEX for medium armor and her weapon selection is solid enough. You're just making her go for her Cleric spells that much longer and you want them quick.
There are much better heavy armors early in the game, and I enjoy piling on the cooperation feats. For example:

Level 2: Fighter - Precise Strike.
Level 3: Inquisitor - Combat Reflexes.
Level 4: Inquisitor - Seize the Moment.
Level 5: Fighter - Outflank, Shield Wall.

Yosharian

Arcane
Somebody help me. How do I use cheatengine? Need to change my lvls back. Picking abyssal bloodline was a massive mistake. Getting 4 Dragon Disciple (+4 Str, 2 AC) lvls is vastly superior than trudging all the way to lvl 13 to get 4 strength. So what do I do? Also would rather change my sorcerer lvls for that of magus.
All of this Yosharian 's fault. It was his spells! spells! moar spells! mantra that forced my hand into picking a sorc as a str based build. Pally 2/Monk 1/Vivi 1/ DD 4/ES 5/ EK 7 is what I want and need. Yes, I will lose (only (!) two blank spellcasting levels, and not get access to transformation, but it will be a superior fighter nonetheless + I ll get some fighter feats and better bab than if I had went with sorc.

Dear god what is that class array.

14th level spellcasting? Why even bother at that point.

The Sorc build is based around summoning and shifting into Dragon form, so I don't know why you followed that build expecting a gish...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Uh, just use the respec mod found in nexus website. Don't need Cheat Engine.

Obligatory lol @ build.

Cael

Arcane

Dear god what is that class array.

14th level spellcasting? Why even bother at that point.

The Sorc build is based around summoning and shifting into Dragon form, so I don't know why you followed that build expecting a gish...
I think he was trying for a gish of some sort, but dear lord... The MAD on that has to be pretty significant... I mean Pals are notorious for being low Dex due to Wis and Cha requirements but then he threw in Monk, which needs a decent Dex to survive... I guess a build like that might be OK if you have a 18/18/16/16/14/14 array in stats, but in a 25 point buy? *backs away slowly*

Sykar

Arcane
If even possible

That is a general problem I have when people make suggestions to add multiclass options to casters. In most cases it just delays higher level spells substantially and only rarely does the delay of getting high level spells gets compensated with the additional features and it is even rarer to outright outdo it. Not to mention that lower class level in a caster class means lower duration, lower damage, longer wait to cap the damage and most importantly lower chance to penetrate SR.
I even saw some moron on YT claiming that level 17 is all you need. Yeah unless you are a Sorcerer and want no level 9 spells. Or enjoy having only 2 level 9 spells to cast. Even as a Sorc at 18 you would have only 1 level 9 spells which you can cast 3 times. Awesome...

Yosharian

Arcane
If even possible

That is a general problem I have when people make suggestions to add multiclass options to casters. In most cases it just delays higher level spells substantially and only rarely does the delay of getting high level spells gets compensated with the additional features and it is even rarer to outright outdo it. Not to mention that lower class level in a caster class means lower duration, lower damage, longer wait to cap the damage and most importantly lower chance to penetrate SR.
I even saw some moron on YT claiming that level 17 is all you need. Yeah unless you are a Sorcerer and want no level 9 spells. Or enjoy having only 2 level 9 spells to cast. Even as a Sorc at 18 you would have only 1 level 9 spells which you can cast 3 times. Awesome...
Yeah, I have to admit I'm having second thoughts about a few of my builds since I heard that it might be difficult to even reach 20. I'd read that the game was designed to get you to 20, but apparently that info was wrong.

Cael

Arcane
Guys, what is Rule 1 of CharOp?

Thou shalt not give up caster levels (unless the payout is far, far, far more impressive/powerful).

There are reasons why even the Eldritch Knight is considered a "think very, very, very hard first" zone for a gish back in the 3.5 days, and this was after the Militia Training feat came out.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Protip for anyone who didn't know, because it isn't clear from the description - the Lv. 9 Magus Arcana "Ghost Blade" gives you the option to add Brilliant Energy or Ghost Touch to your weapon. However, Brilliant Energy uses +4 points of your Arcane Enhancement bonus, so you can't even use that part of it until level 13!
So, Ghost Blade is pretty bad. Hasted Assault is good even though you can cast Haste, it's only a Swift action, and Dimension Strike is a good nova ability (even though it overlaps with Arcane Accuracy).

Sykar

Arcane
If even possible

Yeah, I have to admit I'm having second thoughts about a few of my builds since I heard that it might be difficult to even reach 20. I'd read that the game was designed to get you to 20, but apparently that info was wrong.

Even if you can reach level 20 how long will you play at that level? I mean I can see Arcane Trickster being worthwhile giving up 1! caster level for Rogue to qualify for it since it does give substantial power with some spells and some nice extra perks but if you went wizard you now have the spell progression of a Sorcerer. If you went Sorcerer/AT you now would get level 9 spells at level 19. That is a big delay.

Shadenuat

Arcane
With all the quests they are fixing you will gain more XP, but really endgame seems to be based closer to levels 1 or so maybe.

Protip for anyone who didn't know, because it isn't clear from the description - the Lv. 9 Magus Arcana "Ghost Blade" gives you the option to add Brilliant Energy or Ghost Touch to your weapon. However, Brilliant Energy uses +4 points of your Arcane Enhancement bonus, so you can't even use that part of it until level 13!
So, Ghost Blade is pretty bad. Hasted Assault is good even though you can cast Haste, it's only a Swift action, and Dimension Strike is a good nova ability (even though it overlaps with Arcane Accuracy).
Honestly canceling DEX is all you truly need. Well that and the basic ones - enhancement and +cha to hit.
Canceling DEX just screws huge amount of "WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS" monsters.

I took that shit too and used it against some spectres tho.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
The issue is less that Ghost Blade is bad (though it kinda is) and more that Devoted Blade and Bane Blade are so freaking good. Free Holy + Bane, yes plz

Incendax

Augur
That’s definitely true when you are talking about primary casters, but the multiclass in question was an an Inquisitor. So the decision has already been made to tank spell levels in exchange for class features. Also, specific to this game and not Pathfinder in general, the greatest difficulty is in the early game (barring a few specific bosses). So there is considerable incentive to get certain combos online as early as possible.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
:lol:

Just play Magus 20 you goddamn autist it's nearly not as bad as this
Pally 2/Monk 1/Vivi 1/ DD 4/ES 5/ EK 7
frigging bullshit
Dont you dare to oppress me! I want my sperg build because it's MY build! Offer some insight into cheatengine shenanigans instead please.
Single classes are doing fine in PK; even your abyssal sorcerer would do fine as a pure spellcaster.

I don't see the point of doing these crazy multiclass combinations atm. There is no guarantee you reach level 20, nevermind finish the game, when Owlcat is doing the highschool dance with the hotfixes (one step forward, two step back, shuffle your feet awkwardly).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom