Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How about another RPG Codex Top 70 RPGs poll?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This will be....interesting. Lets see how much the codex has declined in the last 5 years.

This is the only thing the poll will show, and to the detriment of our credibility.
If the truth ruins our credibility, we do not deserve it. Dark souls best rpg of all time here we goooo

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've changed my mind, I want this poll done as soon as possible. We don't have time to wait for Disco Elysium and we need to save some incline to the 2022 poll anyway.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Me too, so the actiontards whom believe firmly (or want the world to believe through the incoming poll) they're playing cRPG can stop posting their shit here and go back to whatever sub-forum they usually pollute.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah I think it will be more suitable to wait until 2020 so it can have a subcategory of what's the best in this decade.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, where's the poll felipepepe ? There's no immediate release of hope so it's about time to start.
Oh, I was super busy with work, forgot about this... next week is Golden Week here in Japan, last week of the heisei era, it's a good time to do it :)

OMG, we could be supreme weaboos and make a "Top Heisei era CRPGS" vote, THINK OF THE POTENTIAL!!!!!

:desu:

laclongquan

Arcane
Yeah, where's the poll felipepepe ? There's no immediate release of hope so it's about time to start.
Oh, I was super busy with work, forgot about this... next week is Golden Week here in Japan, last week of the heisei era, it's a good time to do it :)

OMG, we could be supreme weaboos and make a "Top Heisei era CRPGS" vote, THINK OF THE POTENTIAL!!!!!

Dont even joke about it. top 70 poll is serious business. We dont need the muddles related to weaboo. It's hard enough to gather enough voters for a proper sample size already.

deama

Prophet

Have you decided on what rules it's gonna have this time?

Alkarl

Learned
In addition to the normal top 70, how about another based purely on thread name sorted by reply count.

That could be ..interesting.

Modron

Arcane
In addition to the normal top 70, how about another based purely on thread name sorted by reply count.

I am on to you, you just want Skyrim and Fallout 4 in the top slots.

deama

Prophet
  • 70 slots on a spreadsheet, listed 1-70
  • Slot 1 is worth 70 points, Slot 2 is worth 69 points, etc.
  • Everybody fills out 70 slots (or as many as they can, in good faith)
  • Tabulate the totals. Ordinally list accordingly.
  • The end.
Will everyone be able to vote or accounts older than 1 year etc...?
And what games will be featured? Will he just pick as many as he can or?

Alkarl

Learned

I am on to you, you just want Skyrim and Fallout 4 in the top slots.

No, surely that isn't what is discussed most around here, the most monacled of crpg forums. :lol:

All jokes aside, I am genuinely curious.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
  • 70 slots on a spreadsheet, listed 1-70
  • Slot 1 is worth 70 points, Slot 2 is worth 69 points, etc.
  • Everybody fills out 70 slots (or as many as they can, in good faith)
  • Tabulate the totals. Ordinally list accordingly.
  • The end.
Will everyone be able to vote or accounts older than 1 year etc...?
And what games will be featured? Will he just pick as many as he can or?
To prevent people from making a bunch of throwaways to skew results, limit voting to accounts that existed at the time of the announcement. For example, if we assume felipepepe's most recent comment is the announcement, then accounts made afterwards don't get to vote.

"But, Harvey, my bird man, don't we want to weed out the shit taste of newcomers?"
No worries. People with shit taste have taste so shitty that the games they rank in the top 20 won't be on anybody else's top 20; they'll have no chance of making headway.

As to featuring games, I'm in favor of writing them all in. We can't expect felipepepe to be an encyclopedia of every CRPG ever made. And again, if people list objectively shitty games, then I expect those games will be outliers that have no bearing on the results. Maybe some games that we know deserve spots on the list should get standardized ballots (this way we don't have people writing FO2, FO:2, and Fallout 2, which would make tabulating more annoying).

Darth Canoli

Arcane
"But, Harvey, my bird man, don't we want to weed out the shit taste of newcomers?"
No worries. People with shit taste have taste so shitty that the games they rank in the top 20 won't be on anybody else's top 20; they'll have no chance of making headway.

I can see Morrowind, Dark Souls and 2x BG in the previous top 20 so i call your bluff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom