Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Except when the bug in question is tied to your save file and things are still messed up for you.

The RPG Gods are demanding a sacrifice of your character and to roll a new one. Nah, jokes aside, that does suck, but they're doing a pretty good of fixing what's out there at a fast pace. It's more than most companies effort put in, that's for sure.

I agree, but isn't this all the more reason to simply wait?

Andnjord

Arcane
Except when the bug in question is tied to your save file and things are still messed up for you.

The RPG Gods are demanding a sacrifice of your character and to roll a new one. Nah, jokes aside, that does suck, but they're doing a pretty good of fixing what's out there at a fast pace. It's more than most companies effort put in, that's for sure.

And delay your enjoyment of the INCLINE? Heretic!!

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

I played the game on day one and experienced the incline, but climbing to such heights only made the decline worse when my quests were all bugged to shit.

Deleted Member 16721

No. Making new character builds is half the fun! And unless it's gamebreaking and isn't fixed, I don't see a problem continuing with a minor bug or two or just starting over. The content is good enough to enjoy a 2nd time with a new build.

What he said ^

Andnjord

Arcane

I played the game on day one and experienced the incline, but climbing to such heights only made the decline worse when my quests were all bugged to shit.
The first two Chapters are pretty much bug-free at this point, and even Chapter 3 and 4 are in decent shape if a little bumpy. That's an easy 50 hours of gameplay right there. Ok, it's still all a little bit rough around the edges but nothing gamebreaking should happen to you.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is there any way to get significant amounts of free healing in this other than clerics channel energy
Bard can turn Song into Heals into high levels.

But no, if you're not having a Cleric, your sustain drops dramatically. You'll have to run at least 2 healers then or do the smart thing and not take any damage.

For example I run Jaethal & Jubilost Infusion + Heals. Since he just can throw Bombs all day. And Jaethal can't die so whatever.

Deleted Member 16721

:negative::negative::negative:
I can't take it any more,i want to play!!!

Play it, damn you, play it!

I've got 170 hours clocked according to Steam (some of that is AFK time) on 2 separate runs (one in Ch. 3 near the end of it and one in Ch. 2) and I'm having a blast. No gamebreakers and only very mild bugs that don't matter to me. It's worth every second I spent with it, I love the damn game.

gestalt11

Arbiter

Look at it this way. If it actually a good game they would just replay it anyway. So who cares if your save gets corrupted and your playthrough is a mess that's just more replayability. Kinda like how roguelikes constantly kill you and make you start over.

Deleted Member 16721

Look at it this way. If it actually a good game they would just replay it anyway. So who cares if your save gets corrupted and your playthrough is a mess that's just more replayability. Kinda like how roguelikes constantly kill you and make you start over.

And it's that good that you have no problem doing it. Between the amounts of classes/races/builds you can make and different tactics/choices/alignments/on and on, you can even sort of play it like a roguelike. And for extra wreck turn on Last Azlanti Mode and play on Challenging. :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The problem is my good memory when it comes to this shit. I still remember games very well 10 years later. I endup truly experiencing a great game once. Replaying a game is not the same as playing it for a first time. Also i already decided to restart one the game is fixed. Now you can't even dick around exploring because of the time pushing mechanic. :negative:

So 1.0.9c
does it break anything major?
is the more than 3 animal companions in party bug fixed? (was in 1.0.5 iirc)

rerolling a party of druid with simildon, mad dog with simildon, cleric animal domain simildon, ranger with simildon, sylvan sorcerer with simildon and bard.

Is this overkill for hard?

Deleted Member 16721

The problem is my good memory when it comes to this shit. I still remember games very well 10 years later. I endup truly experiencing a great game once. Replaying a game is not the same as playing it for a first time. Also i already decided to restart one the game is fixed. Now you can't even dick around exploring because of the time pushing mechanic. :negative:

Sure you can. The time limits are lenient. I could have finished Chapter 1 with 48 days left, so I explored after killing the main villain and spent 25 days just lazily exploring every nook and cranny in the land. Did all the side quests, all the encounters and area maps (except for one, damn wererats), and still had 20+ days left. As long as you pay attention to the warnings and take them seriously, i.e. if your kingdom faces a grave threat, do something about it ASAP, you'll be fine. There's plenty of time to explore and manage time. Also, don't abuse resting, try to get the most "bang for your buck" out of each day and travel time, and don't do stupid things like letting time pass while you're under attack or people are dying or something. Really, it's fine. I just about beat Chapter 3 before restarting for the Let's Nerd I'm doing on YT.

And a protip: Get a Bag of Holding and carry extra rations. Rations make resting 8 hours while hunting can sometimes take 19 or even more if you get unlucky. Rations save time when it is necessary. And cook food at camp also that boosts your movement speed for the day, etc.. You'll beat the timers easily taking this advice, even not doing those things you'll be fine.

And there's a loooottt to experience and take in. I'm playing this second run and it's actually better as I'm absorbing more of the lore and figuring out what's going on. And you'll find new ways to do things, new choices, etc., and get at least 50 hours, or in my case about 100 (and I still could have continued on) out of it. Hell of a game, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Sure you can. The time limits are lenient. I could have finished Chapter 1 with 48 days left, so I explored after killing the main villain and spent 25 days just lazily exploring every nook and cranny in the land. Did all the side quests, all the encounters and area maps (except for one, damn wererats), and still had 20+ days left. As long as you pay attention to the warnings and take them seriously, i.e. if your kingdom faces a grave threat, do something about it ASAP, you'll be fine. There's plenty of time to explore and manage time. Also, don't abuse resting, try to get the most "bang for your buck" out of each day and travel time, and don't do stupid things like letting time pass while you're under attack or people are dying or something. Really, it's fine. I just about beat Chapter 3 before restarting for the Let's Nerd I'm doing on YT.

And a protip: Get a Bag of Holding and carry extra rations. Rations make resting 8 hours while hunting can sometimes take 19 or even more if you get unlucky. Rations save time when it is necessary. And cook food at camp also that boosts your movement speed for the day, etc.. You'll beat the timers easily taking this advice, even not doing those things you'll be fine.

And there's a loooottt to experience and take in. I'm playing this second run and it's actually better as I'm absorbing more of the lore and figuring out what's going on. And you'll find new ways to do things, new choices, etc., and get at least 50 hours, or in my case about 100 (and I still could have continued on) out of it. Hell of a game, sir.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I am at mid chapter 5 mate,i have found those tricks long time ago. Have 15 years of RPG experience here. Yeah,the timer is linear and still it is a timer,kills the exploration while waiting for the patch. You never know how many layers the quest have before the timer runs out. You can't just go around exploring much during a quest line.

Deleted Member 16721

I am at mid chapter 5 mate,i have found those tricks long time ago. Have 15 years of RPG experience here. Yeah,the timer is linear and still it is a timer,kills the exploration while waiting for the patch. You never know how many layers the quest have before the timer runs out. You can't just go around exploring much during a quest line.

My fault, I thought you were debating on playing for the first time. :lol:

15 years is not bad, young one. I have about 27 years but I'm old for this forum probably at 33 years of age.

For exploring, I would suggest that if you're working ASAP on the quest when you first learn about it, you can peek in at things in the general vicinity of where you're headed. So if you see a small map pop up, you can jump in and see what's what without losing much time. Not to belittle your knowledge as I'm sure you know this but managing spells/daily abilities/rest can let you do some of those maps without using much rest until you absolutely have to from fatigue. And once the quest is over you have time before having to "turn it in", or when you do, some chapters give you a lot of time before the next event. Again, you probably already know this so disregard it. :lol:

May Sarenrae be with you. And lots of potions and scrolls for out of combat healing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

My fault, I thought you were debating on playing for the first time. :lol:

15 years is not bad, young one. I have about 27 years but I'm old for this forum probably at 33 years of age.

For exploring, I would suggest that if you're working ASAP on the quest when you first learn about it, you can peek in at things in the general vicinity of where you're headed. So if you see a small map pop up, you can jump in and see what's what without losing much time. Not to belittle your knowledge as I'm sure you know this but managing spells/daily abilities/rest can let you do some of those maps without using much rest until you absolutely have to from fatigue. And once the quest is over you have time before having to "turn it in", or when you do, some chapters give you a lot of time before the next event. Again, you probably already know this so disregard it. :lol:

May Sarenrae be with you. And lots of potions and scrolls for out of combat healing. :)
:lol:
I am 32 mate,not old for this forum,kids could fuck off!

And yeah i know my exploration,always leave the capital at the first few days of the month and return near the end of them month. I normally explore the whole opened area before doing the main quest,it takes like a week to do. Also i always sleep only before entering a dungeon and if fatigued. Also i never use scrolls and potions,really hate using such thing in rpgs. I delete most games that force me to heal only with potions.

Deleted Member 16721

And yeah i know my exploration,always leave the capital at the first few days of the month and return near the end of them month. I normally explore the whole opened area before doing the main quest,it takes like a week to do. Also i always sleep only before entering a dungeon and if fatigued. Also i never use scrolls and potions,really hate using such thing in rpgs. I delete most games that force me to heal only with potions.

They need to get off my lawn! :lol:

Potions and scrolls help maintain health and status without resting, though, so they are handy in that way. Are you playing on Challenging? Also, I usually do Projects at the start of the month, the ones that take 14 days straight to complete, and then after that assign events and use most of the rest of the month to explore. IF I'm doing Projects that month, I mean. Otherwise, yeah, you can leave early in the month and come back later near the end of the month to assign events.

My thing was just trying to figure out exactly what i needed to do in Kingdom Management. It's like a giant sandbox with not very well explained rules. I get the general gist but it can be tough figuring out what to do and when. I guess that's the cost of being a Baron, though, so the game passes its Realism DC roll.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

They need to get off my lawn! :lol:

Potions and scrolls help maintain health and status without resting, though, so they are handy in that way. Are you playing on Challenging? Also, I usually do Projects at the start of the month, the ones that take 14 days straight to complete, and then after that assign events and use most of the rest of the month to explore. IF I'm doing Projects that month, I mean. Otherwise, yeah, you can leave early in the month and come back later near the end of the month to assign events.

My thing was just trying to figure out exactly what i needed to do in Kingdom Management. It's like a giant sandbox with not very well explained rules. I get the general gist but it can be tough figuring out what to do and when. I guess that's the cost of being a Baron, though, so the game passes its Realism DC roll.
I use the chanting of Tristan for healing,with the hat/helm that give him like 50/100 % boost to it and a few rings for bonus chants. Also you can't do most project without being in the capital,only the "support X advisor" and a few other need you to be. Also lower kingdom dif lowers the time and the cost ;). I normally do the the support projects after i finish the quest and there are a few weeks free time. Also i play on custom difficulty. I do use the full recovery on rest and unconscious checks while i do fight harder/buffed enemies with 1.5 damage. Don't like wasting time and running around,while want so challenge. Some times i do lower the difficulty when the enemy is far too buffed by default and you can't hit him.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
so is there a consensus on best envoy yet?
Almost definitely Shandra.
Lander stabs you in the back and fucks your kingdom over, and Shandra provides the only alternative Counselor for when Tristian leaves if you didn't recruit the lunatic cannibal cultist.

Risewild

Arbiter
Play now or wait for more hotfixes? :stunned:

Da big fix is about to cum comrade!
Is it?
Didn't they say on the last Hotfix description that they stopped focusing on making large patches and instead are focused on making the small, more regular hotfixes? :lol:

As such, we want to be open with all you Pathfinders, so that you understand our philosophy and our current pipeline. Right now we feel it is more important to keep fixing critical issues as quickly as possible, rather than to stop releasing hotfixes for about 2 weeks and focus on a big patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom