Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rpgs with bad Reputation in Codex that you liked ? Poll

Did you liked Any games below ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Unwanted

LAO

Unwanted
Instead of voting which ones are the worse you vote which ones you liked,this rpgs/hybrid games have questionable reputation,some of them got alot of hate here in the rpgcodex and in the gaming community overall(i not saying all games below are terrible but some of them are obviously bad).20 Votes per user

Mustawd

The codex hates Diablo 2? Since when?

EDIT: Also, HOMM4 gets plenty of love.

EDIT2: I voted for Torchlight. People here dislike it due to the art style, but the art style isn’t that bad and the gameplay is solid. It’s a good but not great game, but it definitely doesn’t deserve its reputation here.

Cael

Arcane

EDIT: Also, HOMM4 gets plenty of love.

EDIT2: I voted for Torchlight. People here dislike it due to the art style, but the art style isn’t that bad and the gameplay is solid. It’s a good but not great game, but it definitely doesn’t deserve its reputation here.
Which one was 4? Is that the one with the 6 different mini-campaigns, one for each alignment?

Mustawd

Diablo 2 is boring solo? Wtf. It definitely is not.

Playing d2 in MP seems dumb to me tbh. I always played solo, and fucking loved it.

Cael

Arcane
Diablo 2 is boring solo? Wtf. Ut definitely is not.

Playing d2 in MP seems dumb to me tbh.
Especially on the older machines and you have a summoning Necro in the group. Chug-city.

Unwanted

LAO

Unwanted
personally i think diablo 2 is boring,i beat diablo 2 as a necromancer summoning things all day but the game is way too long for how repetitive is,it gets boring.

Diablo 1 didn't get boring for me.

Sykar

Arcane

Diablo 2 is not hated but have questionable reputation,i see alot of people here saying this game is a major decline from diablo 1 and is boring to play solo.

D2 is major incline over the first one gameplay wise. The only area in which D1 beats D2 is atmosphere but D2 is still plenty atmospheric in its own right.

On that list I had to choose Might and Magic 4. I know how terrible the AI is but somehow I have a soft spot for it. I really liked that the heroes could be active during the combat phase instead of being an invulnerable entity that mostly just buffs up his army.

Unwanted

LAO

Unwanted
D2 is major incline over the first one gameplay wise. The only area in which D1 beats D2 is atmosphere but D2 is still plenty atmospheric in its own right.

On that list I had to choose Might and Magic 4. I know how terrible the AI is but somehow I have a soft spot for it. I really liked that the heroes could be active during the combat phase instead of being an invulnerable entity that mostly just buffs up his army.

personally i think diablo 1 is better,diablo 2 is too long for me.

Unwanted

LAO

Unwanted
this is the first time i seeing love for Diablo 2 here in codex,until now i had only seen people criticizing the game.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
I enjoyed Deus Ex 2, but since I played it years after its release I went in knowing that it was garbage compared to the first.

The Grandia series has a pretty cool and unique combat system. The music is excellent as well. Would have voted for Grandia Xtreme too. Never played 3.

I decided not to vote for Bioshock. I do really enjoy the first half of the game, but the second is an unmitigated disasaster.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Eye of the Beholder 3 for me

I wonder why the poll has random jRPGs, I expect most grognards here, except the jRPG faction, have never heard about 7th Saga (which I enjoyed as well, it only has a bad reputation because they fucked up the US port)

Unwanted

LAO

Unwanted
Eye of the Beholder 3 for me

I wonder why the poll has random jRPGs, I expect most grognards here, except the jRPG faction, have never heard about 7th Saga (which I enjoyed as well, it only has a bad reputation because they fucked up the US port)

i just put random low reputation jrpgs to fullfill the poll.talking about 7th saga is the game grinding right at the beginning or until some hours later ? because i played a bit of 7th saga and i didn't found the game grindy at all.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I enjoyed Darkest Dungeon quite a lot. It has one of the best OSTs out there.

Lionheart was also pretty cool, but it was pretty flawed.

Unwanted

LAO

Unwanted
Fail list, many of these games aren't rpgs

if dark souls and jagged alliance 2 are rpgs then any rpg/hybrid is.

Ignore these KKK hoarding faggots. Your poll provokest dicksuction.

i seriously don't understand those people ! how can jagged alliance 2 a strategy game with rpg elements be include in both RPGCodex polls but not Heroes of might and magic ?

http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=70

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

Fucking partials hypocrites cocksuckers and i hate them !

Last edited:

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
i put Jagged Alliance Deadly Games in the poll because of this:

https://af.gog.com/game/jagged_alliance_deadly_games?as=1649904300

Can someone explains to me why Jagged Alliance Deadly Games rating is so low on gog ?

Deadly games went to a completely different direction design wise than the original JA: it completely removed the strategic map (the island of Metavira in the original) and replaced it with individual missions that all had their separate tactical maps. It was a major decline after the brilliant design of the original JA. I can still remember how utterly disappointed and furious I was to learn about this betrayal.

Also, the GOG score seems to have been deflated by babies who got the game for free and were expecting nuXCOM.

The list of games available on the poll are for the most part really accurately pointed out as stinkers for one reason or another, but some of the games just don't belong on this list. Diablo 2 is widely loved by everyone who have even passing interest for autistic loot clickers. Darkest Dungeon is also not really disliked by anyone as far as I know. Also Septerra Core might not be a Codex favorite, but I haven't seen anyone hate it with a passion - instead it occasionally gets mentioned as an underrated gem.

Voted for HOMM4 and Ruins of Myth Drannor. They genuinely are hated by a lot of Codexers, but I still enjoy playing them from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unwanted

LAO

Unwanted
i put Jagged Alliance Deadly Games in the poll because of this:

https://af.gog.com/game/jagged_alliance_deadly_games?as=1649904300

Can someone explains to me why Jagged Alliance Deadly Games rating is so low on gog ?

Deadly games went to a completely different direction design wise than the original JA: it completely removed the strategic map (the island of Metavira in the original) and replaced it with individual missions that all had their separate tactical maps. It was a major decline after the brilliant design of the original JA. I can still remember how utterly disappointed and furious I was to learn about this betrayal.

i didn't played but after reading this there no reason for me buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom