Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rpgs with bad Reputation in Codex that you liked ? Poll

Did you liked Any games below ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Play the original Jagged Alliance instead - it's a masterpiece no matter how you look at it. Most people here prefer JA2, but JA1 offers a very different experience to the player and shouldn't be overlooked by any fan of tactics games.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The codex hates Diablo 2? Since when?

Diablo 2 is not hated but have questionable reputation,i see alot of people here saying this game is a major decline from diablo 1 and is boring to play solo.
In many ways it was a decline but it's still a good game. Hardcore D2 solo/LAN is very fun.

VtM: Redemption was alright.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Like might be a strong word for some of my votes, more like a soft spot. I really did enjoy Dungeon Siege though, I was probably the only person on earth that actually liked the automated combat system, great co-op too. I also though the Yesterhaven add-on was pretty neat.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Quite many games I liked.
Some are missing, like MM X Legacy.

I have particularly fond memories of:
NWN, NWN2
PoE
HoMM V

Gothic 3 was an impressive game in scope and an interesting open world effort.

Also Witcher 2 on the list? WTF?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
EDIT: Also, HOMM4 gets plenty of love.
Rly? I've always thought everyone everywhere was shitting on 4 and constantly circle-jerking on 3.

True.
But I consider No. V to be the true undervalued gem.
People just kinda ignore it, while it has awesome mechanics I absolutely love. Continuous action queue with varied action speed (further modified by spells, effects). Deep faction and hero customization: heroes from each factions are different (stat and racial ability wise) and get powerful unique faction-abilities.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Which one was 4? Is that the one with the 6 different mini-campaigns, one for each alignment?

Aren't you referring to Heroes Chronicles ?
I played one campaign, it was so easy it's an insult to the series, made me come back to HoMM II to play a campaign, felt so good to be close to lose and to have to retreat, let the AI fight each other and come back to wipe out the survivors.

Cael

Arcane
Which one was 4? Is that the one with the 6 different mini-campaigns, one for each alignment?

I played one campaign, it was so easy it's an insult to the series, made me come back to HoMM II to play a campaign, felt so good to be close to lose and to have to retreat, let the AI fight each other and come back to wipe out the survivors.
Not sure. There was one HoMM that has 6 different campaigns, and the expansion is 6 mixed alignment campaigns. One of the more memorable campaigns was the Emilia Nighthaven campaign (the blue Order campaign). The genie's voice actor did a good job with that one, and the way the story was told was pretty good. IIRC, the orange Chaos campaign was a pirate campaign, the purple Life was the easy intro campaign, red Barbarian/Mongol campaign, green Life was a elf boy campaign.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Not sure. There was one HoMM that has 6 different campaigns, and the expansion is 6 mixed alignment campaigns. One of the more memorable campaigns was the Emilia Nighthaven campaign (the blue Order campaign). The genie's voice actor did a good job with that one, and the way the story was told was pretty good. IIRC, the orange Chaos campaign was a pirate campaign, the purple Life was the easy intro campaign, red Barbarian/Mongol campaign, green Life was a elf boy campaign.

Yeah that's HoMM 4.

Cael

Arcane

Yeah that's HoMM 4.
I liked that game. I had problems with 5 and its focus on the Griffin Empire and err... "upgraded" graphics.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Eh, sure, the graphics are.. err.. an acquired taste. They work for me.
As for the Griffin Empire, well, there are campaigns for various factions. I really liked the Sylvan one for example. Dungeon and Inferno were pretty nice also.

Plus the standalone expansions are pretty cool as well. The Tribes of the East with the Orc campaign was possibly my favorite one. Each new faction adds new unique mechanics and the Bloodrage was quite awesome.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The list is... meh. Some or those games don't have "bad" reputation as much as I can tell. You could perhaps say that they lack any distinct reputation at all. AKA they're mostly obscure, known by a few codexers only. Battlespire, Betrayal in Antara... they are rarely mentioned but on the rare occasions when they are, I don't see any overwhelming negativity. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.
Additionally most JRPGs have a "bad reputation" on the Codex because the whole genre has a bad reputation here as far as I can tell. Which means that naming just a few random titles makes little sense.
And finally, a few of those games aren't CRPGs. And yes, it can be said even without going into "what's an rpg" shitfest. I mean, King's Quest 8, seriously?

Mightmagic

Augur
I have liked as rpg game:
Ishar 1, Stonekeep (not in the list but stonekeep is not liked by codex), NWN 2 original campaign (the true BG3), M&M X (a very good sequel to M&M 3 to 5), eschalon book 2 (good rpg), the witcher 2, pillars of eternity.

I have liked as hack'n slash game:
Darkstone, Dungeon siege 1, sacred.

I haven't like Diablo 2 (bad game versus diablo 1 and it's not RPG), Lands of lore 2 (I don't understand why it's not in the list), Might&magic 9 (one of the worst rpg with M&M 6 and 8 in Might&magic series), NWN original campaign (very boring)

Radech

Augur
Kingdoms Conmrades

I assume it was a combined Kingdom Come/King Comrade option - why so few votes?

Henry is my Brofu fite me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom