Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Play now or wait for more hotfixes? :stunned:

Play now. Game is amazing, best CRPG since Baldur's Gate. It's the new standard for incline (bugs aside, what do you expect, it's a very complex game) for CRPGs. That said, I didn't notice many bugs in my own playthrough, but I know they're out there. Nothing gamebreaking for me all the way up to the end of Ch. 3, and then re-rolled a new character and having great fun doing it all over again. Play it now and roll with the punches (they actually do fix a lot of stuff with hotfixes).

No ,no ,no, its an unplayable mess still . If i knew it before,i would have delayed playing it a few months. You will spend many hours to end up with a broken game session. Kingdom management is not working right still, when your companions tell you to meet them in the palace garden and you have no palace to build let alone a garden it kinda hint at cut or bugged content.Chapter 5 + is unplayable still , even early chapters are bugged and the game let you happily play with your save games till something broke.
Heavily depends on what you find fun. I'm replying Chapter I for the fourth time, with different builds, and still having a blast. Not to even mention how much time I've spent crafting those builds. Steam says I've already played 105h, and never even finished Chapter II...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Hello everyone!
Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the descriptions below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests
  • "Assemble a Militia in Varnhold" could be started before the player was able to enter Varnhold. Resolution: fixed.
  • Not all the guards were triggered into aggressive state while completing "Intervene in Varnhold" objective, making the quest impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed. For players, who already encountered this issue, Tirval has a new dialog to complete the objective.
  • Amiri's sword repair didn't count in the companion's quest ("Reforged Blade"). Resolution: fixed. Affected saves files have also been corrected.
  • Valerie's first companion quest was easy to miss - its starting event was active for 10 days only. Resolution: the active period of the starting event was extended.
  • "Search for poachers somewhere in the Narlmarches" objective could not be completed due to the chance that the related special encounter didn't happen. Resolution: fixed.
  • The dialogue with Eimar could be interrupted ("The River's Justice" quest), making the quest impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed.
  • Romance with Tristian didn't continue in some cases after events at the "Abandoned keep" area during the "Betrayer's flight" quest. Resolution: fixed. Unfortunately, the affected saves couldn't be fixed. Those players who want to continue romance with Tristian have to use saves before "Betrayer's flight" quest completion.
  • Players could use the rule posts after the debates ("Inconsequent Debates" quest), which led to Jubilost becoming a frog permanently. Resolution: fixed.
  • Dialogue with Alondi ("A Bard's Calling" quest) was interrupted after the first phrase, making the quest impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed.
  • "Impatient Pirates" quest didn't finish in some cases. Resolution: fixed.

Areas
  • Pitax Wardens had their Combat Expertise bonuses multiplied every time players saved the game. Resolution: fixed.
  • Dialogue with Nyrissa could not be finished in some cases at "Abandoned Keep" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • It was possible to do the "Shrewish Gulch" book event more than once. Resolution: fixed.
  • Party could be teleported to a random area after the Book Event at "Castle of Knives" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • There was a chance to get the second copy of Briar at Pitax King Palace. Resolution: fixed.
  • There was incorrect entrance into "Empty Skull Rock" area. This area couldn't be found by perception check on the Global Map. Resolution: both issues are fixed.
  • There was incorrect entrance into "Middle of Nowhere" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Dialogue with Salim Ghadafar was triggered every time after loading at "Castle of Knives" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • There were several issues with navigation at "Castle of Knives" area (some loot chests were unreachable; no collisions for some models). Resolution: fixed.
  • Players couldn't loot dead Darwen at "Brineheart". Resolution: fixed.
  • There were two areas for Amiri's companion quest with the same names ("Six Bears Camp") which confused players. Resolution: fixed. The outdated area changed its name now.
  • Under certain conditions, quest NPCs could not appear at "Flintlock Grasslands" area infused by the First World (the last chapter). Resolution: fixed.
  • Bartholomew could be missing at "Wizard's Laboratory" area when players tried to return his whip. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri could keep immortal state after completing events at "Flintlock Grasslands" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • "Shallow Gulch" area doesn't require perception check on the Global Map anymore.
  • One of the areas had incorrect type and visualization on the Global Map. Resolution: fixed.
  • The dialogue (Merchant in Distress) didn't work correctly if players resolved the event with fey-pranker peacefully. Resolution: a new dialogue option has been added.
  • Dialogue with goblins located behind the Lamashtu statue was not available. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • Characters in Inventory could become black-and-white in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • HP-bar is improved to indicate correctly Hit Points left.
  • Interaction and exit area markers got stuck in the game frame sometimes. Resolution: fixed.

Kingdom
  • Pitax final kingdom event didn't start. Resolution: fixed.
  • Brevoy councilor didn't appear at "Throne Room" area and Kingdom development couldn't progress. Resolution: fixed.
  • The project to get rid of Lander Lebeda's spies was not available. Resolution: fixed.
  • Kingdom could be destroyed without triggering the gameover dialogue in some rare cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • The kingdom event "A Mysterious Letter has Arrived at the Castle" (the letter from Linxia; "Deal With the Devil" quest) didn't finish correctly. Resolution: fixed.
  • Building tooltips have numbers of the kingdom stats which are upgraded by the specific building now.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Players who strayed from their prescripted alignment as divine classes and lost their spells asked us to provide them with a way to atone for their transgressions. Resolution: Jhod Kavken and Arsinoe sell Scrolls of Atonement now. Using that scroll returns you to the alignment you selected during character creation at the start of the game which in turn should help characters if they lost their spells.
  • There was empty description for the buff that caused 50% chance of a spell failure due to the First World influence in some areas. Resolution: fixed.
  • Warpainted Skull of Duthica disappeared after use and did not summon two barbarian spirits. Resolution: Warpainted skull can be properly used once per day and summons two barbarian spirits.
  • There could be two copies of Grimoire in Blakemoor's inventory. Resolution: fixed.
  • Companions who died from the Disintegrate spell disappeared from the party. Resolution: fixed.
  • Jaethal and Linzi became invisible if they died from the Disintegrate spell. Resolution: fixed.
  • Vital Strike inflicted extremely low damage. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bokken's masterpiece didn't work. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lawful Neutral Inquisitors and Clerics of Torag could not cast spells. Resolution: fixed.
  • Enchanted shields no longer give double bonus when equipped (some extraneous enchantments may still remain in older saves).
  • Animal Companions that Druids got from Animal Domain did not scale properly off druid level (while the animal companions that Inquisitors and Clerics got from the same domain were doing just fine). Resolution: fixed.
  • Hospitalers and Empyreal Sorcerers could not select Selective Channel and Extra Channel. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Energy Source ring did not give additional Channel Energy charges to Hospitalers and Empyreal Sorcerers. Resolution: fixed.

Miscellaneous
  • There was an issue with one of Nyrissa's animations. Resolution: fixed.

System
  • Zip library is upgraded to fix some rare save corruption issues. Unfortunately, affected saves files can not be corrected.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
About Pitax problem:
Hello everyone!
The new hotfix should go live today. We checked with multiple saves and the Pitax problem seems to be gone now. However, this bug turned out to be a real headache :( So we would very much appreciate any feedback.
How things should work after the hotfix:
1. You defeat king Irovetti
2. In a few days, you get a message that the pitaxian leaders want to meet you in your capital.
3. You meet with them, decide their fate
4. Attacks stop and Pitax region becomes available for claiming.

If everything would work fine for you, please write a few words in this thread.
If the problem won't disappear - you can report it right here, with a link to save file uploaded to any storage. We'll keep an eye on this thread and address the problem as soon as possible if it won't be properly fixed for some reason.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
The amount of bugs they fix every two days is impressive. There must be a lot of them still working on post release support.

Shadenuat

Arcane
oh hey they stole my paved roads again. well, as they say, it comes and goes away eh
guess I had enough fun looking at muh nice streets
back to living in my dirt-holm

oh shit I have some delegashun from pitax

oh shit

is this happening

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Pitax questline actually has a conclusion now, though it messes up prior choices by bringing back to life important Pitax NPCs the player might have already murdered.

On a related note, Linzi's quest that is closely connected with the Pitax conclusion is still broken. Conclusion: will still need another patch or five.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Event : Problem with Taxes not working. Until yesterday it wouldnt even start, just the screen zooming in and out in throne room and then moving on to next. Now, the general tells me the problem (Oleg's not paying blah blah) and Jhod tells me to ''listen to Olegs' plea'', but Oleg doesn't appear in the throne room and it moves on to next issue (and i lose economy/stability every few days).

Guess I'm not playing this after all. :negative:Maybe Insomnia: The Ark will be patched today and I can play that. :negative:

Shadenuat

Arcane
whatever is broken, I have new goal now: find and kill 6 stronk thingies

I know there's one at Rill and Spill, and then there is
Ithulax
, but I wonder who are 4 more since in my first playthrough I have map cleared.

Shadenuat

Arcane
hour later still going through sorting my Pitax chapter loot

I am giving +5 Dragon Slaying Long Spear and total of +8 to CON items and free Enlarge per day to Harrim
He is going to be a Hero

ArchAngel

Arcane
hour later still going through sorting my Pitax chapter loot

I am giving +5 Dragon Slaying Long Spear and total of +8 to CON items and free Enlarge per day to Harrim
He is going to be a Hero
Does that mean you found a True Dragon to fight?
Is it Black or some other color? Someone earlier in the topic mentioned that they only implemented Black Dragons or something :D

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I just killed Hargulka at lvl 6 without spells or the awesome bow.

Anyone knows where the Metal Devourer is?

ArchAngel

Arcane

I had to kill him twice. I got him to kill Tartuk and then when I got him to Near Death he "surrenders" and talks to me. When I tell him Die monster to finish him off he is back to full health LOL.

I have been following this thread, and I do want to thank all of your for beta testing this game for me. Your efforts to slog through it are greatly appreciated. Does anyone know the release schedule for the three upcoming DLCs? I'm trying to get a sense of when this game will be finished so that I can play it. Until then, I have listened to the soundtrack, and it's surprisingly good. Not too good to be a distraction, but complimentary I think. I particularly like the "Rule of Evil" track. Reminds me of something Danny Elfman would compose.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I had to kill him twice. I got him to kill Tartuk and then when I got him to Near Death he "surrenders" and talks to me. When I tell him Die monster to finish him off he is back to full health LOL.

Tartuk is doing the same thing when you try to finish him off.

One question: Do you have to be evil to be able to turn him on Tartuk?

panda

Savant
New patch removed Aasimar prerequisite from wings :thumbsup:

Edit:
Actually there are 2 different feats now, one with prerequisite and one without
That's minor. By now one would expect that every single NPC will get one instance of the wings feat every time you load the game - with stackable AC bonus of curse. If that's not the case then perhaps they are getting better with anti-bug warfare after all.
:smug:

Flying Enraged Greater Owlbears
Here we go
mn9m3PH.png

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Tartuk is doing the same thing when you try to finish him off.

One question: Do you have to be evil to be able to turn him on Tartuk?
Tartuk also fully heals?! Ok it makes sense for a super troll but not for a kobold :D

And yes, make Troll King turn on Tartuk is Evil only option for some reason. I don't know why, you basically just both congratulate Tartuk for having his pet Troll and then berate him for not being able to keep hit pet under better control. Harulka then goes berserk and you get Tartuk to confirm it with some badly placed words. One could easily do that with good Bluff as well. They should have allowed that as Bluff option but with really high DC.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
New patch removed Aasimar prerequisite from wings :thumbsup:
Here we go
4lrQY64.png

Actually there are 2 different feats now, one with prerequisite and one without
That's minor. By now one would expect that every single NPC will get one instance of the wings feat every time you load the game - with stackable AC bonus of curse. If that's not the case then perhaps they are getting better with anti-bug warfare after all.
:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom