Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

covr

Prophet
Patron
Why the fuck they have not posted any ks update thanking the backers? The campaign is running for more than 24 hours. They are aleady around 33%, not a bad pace for some unknown studio.

Fucking Germans, they always start with being ungreatful cocks and end with murdering the Jews.
You simple don't understand how the German brain works. What needs to happen will happen at exactly the right minute and second.

That's what worries me. As a gamer but also as a middle-aged Polish citizen.

kirin

Learned
Who would you want to write for this game? Your options include

1. Guido Henkel
2. Neal Halford
3. sser
4. David Gaider
5. Richard Cobbett
6. Alexis Kennedy
7. Jen Hepler
8. Cassandra Khaw
9. Lesi
10. Kingcomrade/Other:_______

MCA and Sawyer not available, sorry.

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane
Who would you want to write for this game?

1. Guido Henkel
2. Neal Halford
3. sser
4. David Gaider
5. Richard Cobbett
6. Alexis Kennedy
7. Jen Hepler
8. Cassandra Khaw
9. Lesi

Franko Strannoto

:salute:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Who would you want to write for this game?

1. Guido Henkel
2. Neal Halford
3. sser
4. David Gaider
5. Richard Cobbett
6. Alexis Kennedy
7. Jen Hepler
8. Cassandra Khaw
9. Lesi

Franko Strannoto

:salute:
Yup,JarlFrank should be returned to his rightful place if/once the kickstarter succeeds!
:whiteknight:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Nice low-key Kickstarter video. Fits the mood and audience I think.

Why doesn't running into hostiles on the world map trigger an encounter?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You wanted an update? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen/posts/2319403

Micro Update #1

Hi everyone,

we’re just over 48 hours into our campaign and we've reached an unbelievable ONE THIRDof our goal. And that's all thanks to you, our brilliant 883 backers!

We can't thank you all enough, really, BIG THANKS to everyone. It has been such a busy past couple of days, but we are overwhelmed by the support we have received from fans, friends and fellow developers. Especially the support of fans of classic RPGs means a lot to us. We’re humbled by all your comments and questions on the campaign page, your many mentions and tweets and posts on social media. We’re trying to reply to every one of them, even if it takes a bit longer at the moment as we’re working around the clock.

We’re almost ready for a content update, but in the meantime, we’d like to share with you how the journey started. Enjoy the stunning concept artworks of Robert Andreas Drude.

9cbb6a237831152011ad8350a14b5cb1_original.jpg

41219628d926d29b2cd49718766b49ea_original.jpg

0be3b6fc0ffd7bacd5f5e0c7b5d0c67e_original.jpg

42091dbcb9f24169b31b97450def8210_original.jpg

We will keep you posted on all developments. It'd be amazing if you could keep spreading the word.

Many thanks for all your support!

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
cc1e02cfa042227c99b907becbfc2d24.png

"I am an old man now."

Is this 10/10 writing or what? JarlFrank you wrote dis?

Made me think of this:

"Hello, ex-wife," Tom said to Doris as she entered the room.

Now, it may be important to the story that Tom and Doris are divorced, but there has to be a better way to do it than the above, which is about as graceful as an axe-murder. Here is one suggestion:

"Hi, Doris," Tom said. His voice sounded natural enough - to his own ears, at least - but the fingers of his right hand crept to the place where his wedding ring had been until six months ago.

Bohr

Arcane
"I am an old man now."

Blame the Victorian hacks who started the decline :outrage:

"I am an old man now- very fast going away from all those I love here. But I am happy in leaving my children because they have ever been gentle to me and kind. If I am permitted to remember them whither I am going, my thoughts of them will all be pleasant. Should it not be much to them that they have made my death-bed happy?"
The Last Chronicle of Barset: The Chronicles of Barsetshire, By Anthony Trollope, 1867

After his death, Trollope's Autobiography appeared and was a best-seller in London. Trollope's downfall in the eyes of the critics stemmed largely from this volume. Even during his writing career, reviewers tended increasingly to shake their heads over his prodigious output, but when Trollope revealed that he strictly adhered to a daily writing quota, and admitted that he wrote for money, he confirmed his critics' worst fears. Writers were expected to wait for inspiration, not to follow a schedule.
---
As trends in the world of the novel moved increasingly towards subjectivity and artistic experimentation, Trollope's standing with critics suffered. But Lord David Cecil noted in 1934 that "Trollope is still very much alive... and among fastidious readers." He noted that Trollope was "conspicuously free from the most characteristic Victorian faults". In the 1940s, Trollopians made further attempts to resurrect his reputation; he enjoyed a critical renaissance in the 1960s, and again in the 1990s. Some critics today have a particular interest in Trollope's portrayal of women—he caused remark even in his own day for his deep insight and sensitivity to the inner conflicts caused by the position of women in Victorian society.

Recently, interest in Trollope has increased. A Trollope Society flourishes in the United Kingdom, as does its sister society in the United States. In 2011, the University of Kansas' Department of English, in collaboration with the Hall Center for the Humanities and in partnership with The Fortnightly Review, began awarding an annual Trollope Prize. The Prize was established to focus attention on Trollope's work and career.

Notable fans have included Alec Guinness, who never travelled without a Trollope novel; the former British Prime Ministers Harold Macmillan and John Major; the first Canadian Prime Minister, John A. Macdonald; the economist John Kenneth Galbraith; the English judge Lord Denning; the American novelists Sue Grafton, Dominick Dunne and Timothy Hallinan; the poet Edward Fitzgerald; the artist Edward Gorey, who kept a complete set of his books; the American author Robert Caro; the playwright David Mamet and the soap opera writer Harding Lemay.

Mustawd

cc1e02cfa042227c99b907becbfc2d24.png

"I am an old man now."

Made me think of this:

"Hello, ex-wife," Tom said to Doris as she entered the room.

Now, it may be important to the story that Tom and Doris are divorced, but there has to be a better way to do it than the above, which is about as graceful as an axe-murder. Here is one suggestion:

"Hi, Doris," Tom said. His voice sounded natural enough - to his own ears, at least - but the fingers of his right hand crept to the place where his wedding ring had been until six months ago.

I’d ask you to stop being retarded, but that’s a tall order.

EDIT: If it’s not clear Bester is just trying to cause butthurt. Heed him no mind and don’t give him attention. He’ll hate it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
"I am an old man now."

Blame the Victorian hacks who started the decline :outrage:

"I am an old man now- very fast going away from all those I love here. But I am happy in leaving my children because they have ever been gentle to me and kind. If I am permitted to remember them whither I am going, my thoughts of them will all be pleasant. Should it not be much to them that they have made my death-bed happy?"
The Last Chronicle of Barset: The Chronicles of Barsetshire, By Anthony Trollope, 1867

After his death, Trollope's Autobiography appeared and was a best-seller in London. Trollope's downfall in the eyes of the critics stemmed largely from this volume. Even during his writing career, reviewers tended increasingly to shake their heads over his prodigious output, but when Trollope revealed that he strictly adhered to a daily writing quota, and admitted that he wrote for money, he confirmed his critics' worst fears. Writers were expected to wait for inspiration, not to follow a schedule.
---
As trends in the world of the novel moved increasingly towards subjectivity and artistic experimentation, Trollope's standing with critics suffered. But Lord David Cecil noted in 1934 that "Trollope is still very much alive... and among fastidious readers." He noted that Trollope was "conspicuously free from the most characteristic Victorian faults". In the 1940s, Trollopians made further attempts to resurrect his reputation; he enjoyed a critical renaissance in the 1960s, and again in the 1990s. Some critics today have a particular interest in Trollope's portrayal of women—he caused remark even in his own day for his deep insight and sensitivity to the inner conflicts caused by the position of women in Victorian society.

Recently, interest in Trollope has increased. A Trollope Society flourishes in the United Kingdom, as does its sister society in the United States. In 2011, the University of Kansas' Department of English, in collaboration with the Hall Center for the Humanities and in partnership with The Fortnightly Review, began awarding an annual Trollope Prize. The Prize was established to focus attention on Trollope's work and career.

Notable fans have included Alec Guinness, who never travelled without a Trollope novel; the former British Prime Ministers Harold Macmillan and John Major; the first Canadian Prime Minister, John A. Macdonald; the economist John Kenneth Galbraith; the English judge Lord Denning; the American novelists Sue Grafton, Dominick Dunne and Timothy Hallinan; the poet Edward Fitzgerald; the artist Edward Gorey, who kept a complete set of his books; the American author Robert Caro; the playwright David Mamet and the soap opera writer Harding Lemay.
Please.

"I am an old man now- very fast going away from all those I love here" sounds literally poetic compared to "I am an old man now, I love ships, hurr, and the white walls of the city".

The first one establishes a personal tragedy. The second one is blunt exposition & purple prose 101.

Tigranes

Arcane
I didn't know Bester was an award-winning novelist as well as a genius coder and video game design expert

Just goes to show how a superior being like him has no limits

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom