Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm traveling, so I will not be able to log on to roll20 until late Friday. I'm all on board for using it though. We can solidify our plan over the next few days and then get after it on Friday if that is fine with everyone?
I can totally do that.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I'll take control of any or all of our allies if no one else wants any of them.
Do you want control of Urash? and if Siveon wants to I'll let him control Mab. I'll handle Graoll, Cadeyrn, Bran and Oona

Sure, whatever works for you. I was thinking Bran and Oona could stick near me. Could Bran's sling be used without penalty from a tree?

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'll take control of any or all of our allies if no one else wants any of them.
Do you want control of Urash? and if Siveon wants to I'll let him control Mab. I'll handle Graoll, Cadeyrn, Bran and Oona

Sure, whatever works for you. I was thinking Bran and Oona could stick near me. Could Bran's sling be used without penalty from a tree?
Not really. A sling requires two hands and you need some real estate to swing it around and put some real velocity on the sling stone. About the only thing that would work from a tree branch is a hurled weapon, or a crossbow. If you want Bran and Oona, then that's fine. His slinging skill is 25% at 1D8, 80m range. Oona's modestly competent with a bow at 30%, 1D6+1, 80m range. Bran's dodge is 40%, Oona's is 35%. I'll track hit points (if necessary). I'll share Urash's character sheet with you shortly, when I get home.

We'll hit this on Friday in earnest when Llywelyn ap Gruffydd is available.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
FYI I don't have any other plan other than telling the spirit to prioritize any guards that may want to keep the survivors/attack them

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sorry guys, I just realized that the cabin I'm staying at this weekend doesn't have internet access. This will have to wait until Sunday evening U.S. west coast time

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm apparently not authorized to join that roll20 link? Can the rest of you have a look?
P. S. This game is about a couple of months away from being three years old.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'm apparently not authorized to join that roll20 link? Can the rest of you have a look?
P. S. This game is about a couple of months away from being three years old.
On the road. I should be home in about 7 hours. I'll check things then, but I didnt set any restrictions on it.

nikolokolus

Arcane
https://app.roll20.net/join/2589004/6YoQDg
that's the link roll20 automatically generated and it worked OK for Siveon. If you're having trouble I can try to email you a player specific link, just PM the email address associated with your roll20 account and I'll send it out. (Grimgravy and Llywelyn ap Gruffydd I think I've got yours from prior games. messages incoming shortly).

EDIT: Grimgravy For some reason the email address I entered in roll20 didn't immediately bring up your username (It did for Llywelyn ap Gruffydd) PM me and make sure I'm using the correct email. NM

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Character Sheets: You can find them under the Journal tab in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window. Don't worry too much about why things don't look quite right, there is no magic world character sheet in Roll20, so I pulled a RuneQuest sheet. You can disregard most things, but you should be able to make skill rolls, weapon rolls, and characteristic rolls from the sheet as normal. Just keep track of lost hit points and magic points on your token (e.g. just enter +/-X in the red bubble and it will go up or down as required, the green bubble is for MP). If you need to make an armor roll just do it manually by entering it in the chat box. The syntax for dice rolling is pretty simple, it's just /roll [die +/- modifier] (replace the stuff in brackets with 1d8+1, 1d4-1, etc.)

NPCs that you control have all of their stats listed on the NPC sheet; this can be accessed by clicking the little gearbox icon right under the basic tab of the character sheet. Sometimes it reverts to the quick-start or full sheet, so you may have to open this up and select the correct tic-box to see their stats. There's only the most rudimentary stuff in there like their dodge roll and weapon skills and other basic characteristics, but you should be able to make dice rolls from it, when in doubt you can just roll manually.

Basic user interface tips and movement: There is a ruler you can access on the left hand of the map, or if you pick up a token and press the right mouse button it will start measuring the distance you have moved from your last position. To suspend snapping to the grid, press and hold the alt key before you pick up a token, then move it and drop it, they are just there to help with making quick measurements. In combat you can move 24 meters, out of combat you can move 72 meters per round. As long as you move your characters around inside the tree line you don't have to make any hide or move quietly rolls; the enemy seems fairly pre-occupied with the ritual that is taking place with the weird abomination of stitched together corpses near the base of the tower.

Llywelyn ap Gruffydd I gave you control of Solon (and you'll need to enter the stats for your summoned demon on the appropriate tab for Amon)
Siveon I gave you control of Mab
Grimgravy I gave you control of Urash, Bran, and Oona

As far as I can tell everything is good to go; HPs and MPs should be accurate for all of your characters. The basic combat order is posted below. If you want to make a move describe it in the chat box and move your token up to your maximum allowed. Since we're not in combat yet you can maneuver in the trees as you wish or make move quietly rolls and move up if you want. Once combat starts I'll call out your turn in the roll20 chatbox and you can make your move at your liesure.

If you have any issues, click on the help icon on the left hand side of the screen and it should give you all of the keyboard shortcuts and explain things better than I can.

Combat Order (INT rank for likely casters/DEX rank for likely melee characters):
Urash 21 INT/9 DEX
Cadeyrn 20
Amon 16
Bran 16
Borric 14
Oona 14
Solon 14 INT/9 DEX
Graoll 10
Marcán 9 DEX

Enemy's order of action will go after you make your first moves since you all have the element of surprise (so far)

nikolokolus

Arcane
new messages posted on Roll20. ERYFKRAD and Siveon make your moves with Borric, Marcán (and Mab) and post something in the chat box describing your actions

nikolokolus

Arcane
People move into hiding spots amongst the trees and watch as King Cadeyrn vanishes from sight, and Graoll the Elemental Prince sinks into the rocky soil. Most of the people in the troupe hide themselves as best as they can, but Borric strides out into the open bold as day, almost daring the assembled enemies to charge him . . .

nikolokolus

Arcane
Update posted on roll20.

Grimgravy It's Oona's turn.
ERYFKRAD then Borric's, but first Borric needs to make a defense roll of some kind; Dunamir Xoon's charge with his lance was a normal success
Siveon The guards and cultists will be able to act, then it will be Marca's turn, then the start of the next round will be up, and spells will start to go off that were started in the previous round.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Meanwhile, there's a great commotion near the base of the tower, near the colossus, stitched together from dozens of corpses. Graoll has emerged from the earth and begins laying waste to the (fortunately) inert giant abomination sending body parts flying across the yard. From the top of the tower you can all just make out a furious scream of rage and frustration.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Oona's turn? Already rolled misses for her and Bran for the surprise round. If we're past that, Rhenmyr and Urash should be going well before her. Although, reading things, it doesn't look like we got much of a surprise. How and why did we give up that advantage? Again?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom