Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is now on Kickstarter

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Party creation and composition is entirely in the hands of the player.

owlcats can learn a thing or two here about game design.

I created and chose composition of all 6 characters in my pathfinder game from level 1, I could even make 10 level 1 characters and switch between them as needed. ( and they all get xp and level up even when out of party )

Noone said you need to take owlcats companions, just like Baldurs gate or Grimoire - you can most of the time ignore them

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Donated 88 EUR to RealmSS Beyond.

Since you are going at it, why not up your donation to 1488 and put in a portrait with a fashionable moustache?

emohitler.jpeg

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nah. Their ambition is way out of alignment with the amount of money they're asking for.

Even if they get 5x the ask, there's no way they'll be able to get enough content in for it to be a game I want to play.
From what I have been following, they got the engine and ruleset finished. All they need now is art assets for new areas and to add in quests and other content.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
So what's the story about them being nazis?

They caved in to the shrieking hoards of future non-purchasers and busybodies, one of whom is a prominent stain on the already deeply stained RPGWatch, to get our resident cuddly Nazi ejected from the writing team.

Edit: And then Hobgoeblers shittalked the Codex after spending years shilling his old game on it in his own subforum.

I shittalked specific subjects at the Codex. Hobgoeblers is stupid, his name was Goebbels not Goebler.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was arguably the best Kickstarter pitch I've ever seen.

Watched the whole 7+ minute video silently saying wow to myself over and over.

The Kickstarter page itself covered nearly every question and concern I could think of.

Ticked every box for me that can be ticked.

The entire pitch looks to be, finally, exactly what I've been waiting for all these years.

Just please, please make one of the stretch goals a robust and relatively user-friendly campaign/map editor/creator.

(And making it similarly easy to create and implement new art assets would be fantastic, too.)

For what it's worth, godspeed to the developers. I'm sold.

Finally.
This reminds me, the forum is sorely lacking an advertisement plant rating.

That being said, the game itself could well become something like a volkswagen. A quality product, originally conceptualized, well you know by whom.

jungl

Augur
These pictures were secretly taken from the house of Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen's writer.
No wonder he received the boot.

ZX1EpjX.jpg

Third pic reminds me of 6th house morrowind. Whats wrong with it again?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So what's the story about them being nazis?

They caved in to the shrieking hoards of future non-purchasers and busybodies, one of whom is a prominent stain on the already deeply stained RPGWatch, to get our resident cuddly Nazi ejected from the writing team.

Edit: And then Hobgoeblers shittalked the Codex after spending years shilling his old game on it in his own subforum.

I shittalked specific subjects at the Codex. Hobgoeblers is stupid, his name was Goebbels not Goebler.

You have to ask the Codex "Wollt ihr das totale RPG?" and then they'll pledge.

Or as VD would say, ein voll ausgestattetes RPG.

My concern is that it will be entirely combat driven (which might be ok) with shit encounters (which basically means shit) but still redeemable due to the modding potential. For all the namedropping, I doubt they can get even a resemblance to the greats in writing nd quest design. That unending stack of abilities in the video were all combat abilities. Where is the good stuff that is supposed to hint at the the non-combat make up of the game once the content is in?

Otherwise, the video felt very inviting and relaxing unlike most KS videos.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One of the most autistic videos ever with occasionally clever effects, but otherwise a snoozefest.
Game looks interesting, especially the overworld map movement (reminds me of NEO Scavenger).

Fry

Arcane
Nah. Their ambition is way out of alignment with the amount of money they're asking for.

Even if they get 5x the ask, there's no way they'll be able to get enough content in for it to be a game I want to play.
From what I have been following, they got the engine and ruleset finished. All they need now is art assets for new areas and to add in quests and other content.

I know, that's the point. Content is where most of the money goes.

Calis

Pensionado
You have to ask the Codex "Wollt ihr das totale RPG?" and then they'll pledge.
You totally missed an opportunity there:
"RPG Endlohsung" could have been a thing, coming from you.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane

What really needs to be a strechgoal is multiclassing.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it real photos of his house? I don't get all thise complicated family jokes.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom