Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd have to disagree. Unlike this monstrosity, elves are supposed to look feminine and visually appealing. That's one of the main reasons why they make good slaves and even better cock sleeves
To let an elf live is to hand it a dagger and turn your back. Don't.
What? What are you talking about? Elves can't exhibit complex behaviour and emotions. They aren't people. They're just animals that need to be domesticated. And like with all other creatures that serve man, you only have yourself to blame if you get hurt. And even then, properly taming an elf isn't all that hard. Especially if you had prior experience with human women
Just kill the fuckers, don't let them breed. Kill first, think later.

Cael

Arcane
I'd have to disagree. Unlike this monstrosity, elves are supposed to look feminine and visually appealing. That's one of the main reasons why they make good slaves and even better cock sleeves
To let an elf live is to hand it a dagger and turn your back. Don't.
What? What are you talking about? Elves can't exhibit complex behaviour and emotions. They aren't people. They're just animals that need to be domesticated. And like with all other creatures that serve man, you only have yourself to blame if you get hurt. And even then, properly taming an elf isn't all that hard. Especially if you had prior experience with human women
Just kill the fuckers, don't let them breed. Kill first, think later.
Hate to say it, but so long as they stay in their forests other than the occassional trade delegation, I don't mind elves as much as hu-mies. Bloody hu-mies, man. They're everywhere, always talking about their rights and how much they care for you and why you should do what they say... or else! Makes me want to bury my hammer in his face. Her face? I don't know, man. Those hu-mies all got tits and dicks, man. And their beards makes me conflicted. Only a good, well-bred dwarf should have a beard, not those hu-mies and their alphabet soup initials they like to put at the end of their names. I mean, what's with that "Ana-Maria Rodriguez, LGBTI, XER, TRANS" crap? Buncha limp-wristed pansy ass-munchers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's happening: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/10/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition_19.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition NWSync Early Look + Beamdog.com DLCs

Exciting news for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition fans waiting for NWSync!

We merged in experimental support for NWSync in the recently released Development Build 8182. The first implementation of this allows transparent multiplayer server content downloads, and requires special setup by the server admin to make functional.

The preliminary manual, including instructions and system details, can be read here.

Note that if you are from The Future, then this URL might have changed or disappeared. Please check the official documentation in lang/en/docs instead.

Again, this is experimental, and we are shipping this to the development branch early so persistent world admins and interested parties can test it. This is a very complex technical feature and we fully expect that we will have to ship more development patches to address found issues. Please let us know any feedback you have regarding this feature in the Beamdog forums!

Speaking of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, on Beamdog.com we’ve broken out the Digital Deluxe package into individual DLCs! Now owners of NWN:EE can purchase Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, Infinite Dungeons, and the rest as they like. You can still get a deal by buying everything in a single bundle.

Next week, we’ll be removing the current NWN:EE Digital Deluxe bundle from sale. All Beamdog.com NWN:EE Digital Deluxe owners have had the base game and individual DLCs added to their accounts.

If we’ve missed your account, please let our customer support team know via support@beamdog.com and we’ll make sure a correction is made.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
NWSync is a mechanism that can transfer custom content from servers to clients without the player having to manually download and manage HAK and TLK data.

This is basically a feature for retards who can't put files into folders or follow simple step-by-step instructions. It's hilarious that this is being claimed as the biggest advancement since 1.69 CR.

This is a very complex technical feature

Yeah, so much work put into something that isn't even wanted. They could have put that time, money and effort into UI refactor, FPC, rewrite of pathing routine, removal of bounce delay, removal of spawn stutter, x64 rewrite, or fixing the scores of reported hard crashes on servers/single-player modules.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/10/october-19-livestream-recap.html

October 19 Livestream Recap

With NWSync coming to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, players will be able to join persistent worlds without this error!

During today’s stream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest studio news and updates on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and the Infinity Engine Enhanced Editions. They called Technical Director on the NWN:EE core team, Bernhard Stöckner (@niv), who showed off a very early version of NWSync, a much-anticipated feature for NWN:EE! They then announced NWSync will be shipped in today’s Development Build.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition on Android and iOS is nearly 80% off this week! Start adventuring in this legendary RPG on mobile for just $1.99!
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is available on GOG! NWN:EE and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe have both been in GOG’s top 5 “Popular” titles since launch!
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe on Beamdog.com has been split into individual DLCs. All owners of the the Digital Deluxe were provisioned with the appropriate DLCs. If you still don’t own them, and planning on purchasing, you can still get a -10% bundle discount if you buy the base game and all the DLCs at once!
  • If you’re looking for a new adventure, get in touch! We just added a new posting for an in-office Quality Assurance Tester to help with currently released and upcoming games.

“If you want to have Trent screaming in your Baldur’s Gate party, you totally will be able to!” ~ Luke
  • The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is on the way, but not ready just yet. Among other things, it will include a lot of spell data and code fixes. The 2.6 patch will also add support for DLC portraits and voicesets in Multiplayer.
  • The Dice, Camera, Action! voice and portrait pack is on track! Trent and a few Beamdog crew members also recorded new player soundsets for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. The packs for each of the games will be separate because of different file formats and compatibility issues.
  • The Faces of Good and Evil portrait pack will come to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. The Heroes of Neverwinter portrait pack will in turn come to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. We expect they will be rolled out for all the games on the same date.

NWSync will allow for much easier joining servers in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition!
  • A surprise announcement during the stream is that the much-anticipated feature for NWN:EE, NWSync, will be shipped in a new Development Build for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition today. We would like server admins of NWN:EE persistent worlds to take a look and share feedback on NWSync in the forums!
  • See the full patch notes for Development Build 8182 here.
  • We have prepared a detailed user manual about NWSync. Check it out, we’d love your feedback!
  • The Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Roadmap Trello board will soon be updated! Once we finish working on the mobile version of NWN:EE, expect movement on many of the short-term active features.

“NWSync will lower the barriers to join persistent worlds!” ~ Luke
  • Beamdog COO Cameron is poking in the NWN:EE renderer to see if support for open face helmets is possible.
  • Making all head mdls loading on character creation, or making it a 2da sounds like a fix we can do, but we’d have to look at it a bit first. Like with all feature requests, share your suggestion on the forums, so that it could appear on the Input Trello board.
  • The UI refactor for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition can be separated into two components: short-term and long-term. Rescaling of the UI and the True Type Font support will be ported to NWN:EE on PC from the mobile version. A full rewrite of the UI, however, is our long-term goal, and work on it is still being evaluated.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

Cael

Arcane
Somehow, I don't think naming oneself after a boyband is really going to cut it with the RPG audience...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
NWN has always been one of the easiest games to mod or install modules. If you own a PC, there's no excuse for not being able to do it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you own a PC, there's no excuse for not being able to do it.
I would agree, but I've seen customers that don't grok that you need to install stuff before you can use it. Some fellas need all the help they can get, and then some Divine Intervention.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If I were a better person, I might fault Beamdog for taking advantage of the retarded, but eh. Fools and their money etc. As it is now, I fault them for their incompetence and forceful peddling of their shit. Either way, do we know the sales figures for NWN EE? I vaguely remember PS:T EE not doing even a fraction as good as the BG EEs.

Sykar

Arcane
NWN has always been one of the easiest games to mod or install modules. If you own a PC, there's no excuse for not being able to do it.

You seem to be unaware just how retarded the average user is. Just to give you an example, when I was 16 I worked for a company selling computer parts, building complete systems and repairing PCs.
We had a costumer who had bought PC parts for around 3500 DM (Deutsche Mark, something around 1800 Euros) and build the PC himself to save him the fee of us doing all the work. He came back a day later demanding a refund proclaiming that we had sold him faulty hardware. His PC on the inside was blackened out. We saw fluid dripping down from his CPU. Do you realize by now what the retard did? If not, the fucktard managed to squeeze the entire tube of coolant paste ON THE FREAKING PINS, somehow managed to turn on the PC and completely fried his system by short circuiting his PC which could have been avoided if only he would have asked what to do with the coolant paste.

So whenever someone tells me "It is so simple anyone can do it" I tell him this story from my youth, though I have a couple of others demonstrating how utter retards try and fail to do the simplest of tasks.

Last edited:

Bocian

Arcane
You seem to be unaware just how retarded the average user is.
In this case the "risks" of failure are not that great, and writing a tutorial how to get everything in place takes minutes. Stupidity or laziness doesn't excuse to waste work hours on creating a rather pointless feature - except maybe when it's used only as a selling point. "We made the mods download themselves!!!".

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
You seem to be unaware just how retarded the average user is.
In this case the "risks" of failure are not that great, and writing a tutorial how to get everything in place can be written in minutes. Stupidity or laziness doesn't excuse to waste work hours on creating a rather pointless feature - except maybe when it's used only as a selling point. "We made the mods download themselves!!!".

While working for the IT department in a hospital we had a case were a secretary managed to delete Win98s io.sys and she was completely and utterly clueless about computers outside of using Microsoft Office. Just saying. It is amazing how retards can find ways to delete even hidden and write protected files. :dance:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Guys, that's nothing. There are people out there that don't even know that their PC has to be plugged into the mains outlet in order to turn it on.

That said, we should never go out of our way to cater to these people. Instead, we should pretend that they don't exist.

Sykar

Arcane
Guys, that's nothing. There are people out there that don't even know that their PC has to be plugged into the mains outlet in order to turn it on.

That said, we should never go out of our way to cater to these people. Instead, we should pretend that they don't exist.

Oh I know believe me. Our IT office was in the basement. One day I received a call from the 10th floor, asking me for advice because the PC refused to start. I asked that man, who was in his 50s at least, if there was anything on the monitor. He said no. So I went up with the elevator, greet him, turn to the PC and what do I read on the monitor? "No signal". I was facepalming hard on the inside but just did my job and turned on the PC. His eyes went wide and he asked me how I did that. I replied to him that I turned the PC on which seemed to agitate quite a bit because he was almost screaming at me that this is not possible because he went just yesterday to a PC course where he had learned all manners of things about computers. Except for turning it on. Suffice to say I just explained to him that he seemed to have been under the false impression that merely turning on the monitor is turning on the PC and that most likely the PC was already running and that why it appeared like he turned it on. Of course on the inside I was on the verge of crying. Of laughter.

Cael

Arcane
Our IT office was in the basement. One day I received a call from the 10th floor, asking me for advice because the PC refused to start. I asked that man, who was in his 50s at least, if there was anything on the monitor. He said no. So I went up with the elevator, greet him, turn to the PC and what do I read on the monitor? "No signal". I was facepalming hard on the inside but just did my job and turned on the PC. His eyes went wide and he asked me how I did that. I replied to him that I turned the PC on which seemed to agitate quite a bit because he was almost screaming at me that this is not possible because he went just yesterday to a PC course where he had learned all manners of things about computers. Except for turning it on. Suffice to say I just explained to him that he seemed to have been under the false impression that merely turning on the monitor is turning on the PC and that most likely the PC was already running and that why it appeared like he turned it on. Of course on the inside I was on the verge of crying. Of laughter.
2 things:

1. IT department in the basement is asking for a flood or a massive water leak, like say the fire suppression system going off. In the UPS industry, we always laugh at idiots who put their battery-based UPS in the basement and think they are protected from anything.

2. In a certain Third World country, in a certain hospital, patients were dying due to unknown circumstances. Investigation pinpointed that the deaths clustered around the 10pm mark virtually every day. The doctors didn't know what to do, so they had security set up cameras. At around 10pm, a cleaning lady walks into a patient's room, unplugged certain vital equipment and plugged in her vacuum cleaner...

Sykar

Arcane
Our IT office was in the basement. One day I received a call from the 10th floor, asking me for advice because the PC refused to start. I asked that man, who was in his 50s at least, if there was anything on the monitor. He said no. So I went up with the elevator, greet him, turn to the PC and what do I read on the monitor? "No signal". I was facepalming hard on the inside but just did my job and turned on the PC. His eyes went wide and he asked me how I did that. I replied to him that I turned the PC on which seemed to agitate quite a bit because he was almost screaming at me that this is not possible because he went just yesterday to a PC course where he had learned all manners of things about computers. Except for turning it on. Suffice to say I just explained to him that he seemed to have been under the false impression that merely turning on the monitor is turning on the PC and that most likely the PC was already running and that why it appeared like he turned it on. Of course on the inside I was on the verge of crying. Of laughter.
2 things:

1. IT department in the basement is asking for a flood or a massive water leak, like say the fire suppression system going off. In the UPS industry, we always laugh at idiots who put their battery-based UPS in the basement and think they are protected from anything.

2. In a certain Third World country, in a certain hospital, patients were dying due to unknown circumstances. Investigation pinpointed that the deaths clustered around the 10pm mark virtually every day. The doctors didn't know what to do, so they had security set up cameras. At around 10pm, a cleaning lady walks into a patient's room, unplugged certain vital equipment and plugged in her vacuum cleaner...

It has been over 15 years since then so I really do not care much about it. That being said now that you mention it I do think I used the wrong word here. Just to clarify is cellar synonymous with basement? If so it was not in the basement, just one of the two floors under the main entrance. The hospital was on a steep hill and so the entrance on the backside was located lower than the main entrance and us service personnel, secretaries, human resources, cafeteria etc. were located on those two floors.

Cael

Arcane
2 things:

It has been over 15 years since then so I really do not care much about it. That being said now that you mention it I do think I used the wrong word here. Just to clarify is cellar synonymous with basement? If so it was not in the basement, just one of the two floors under the main entrance. The hospital was on a steep hill and so the entrance on the backside was located lower than the main entrance and us service personnel, secretaries, human resources, cafeteria etc. were located on those two floors.
It doesn't matter. As long as it is somewhere that water can flow into and gather, you start getting short circuits in electrical equipment. When the water causes tracking between battery terminals... Well, you don't have a battery any more.

Sykar

Arcane
What is wrong with being average and retarded?

Average is fine. The problem is that these people are often the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger effect as my stories should have told you. They were convinced that they did nothing wrong and that they knew what they were doing, even if it was apparent that they did not. Worse they feel even hurt when someone with more knowledge tries to educate them for no real reason and they feel entitled to scream at you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom