Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry - Larry's trip to the 21st century

Boleskine

Arcane

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Same with me and Ultima ; it doesn't mean they are not legitimate fans or able to produce something in the spirit.

Morkar Left

Kerstin sounds pretty chilled, the rest from the making of I'm not sure...

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Could you imagine Americans doing this game, this day and age? I mean, we're left with the god damn Germans to do the "sex-positive" game.

Lets hope and pray for a miracle. I have very little faith in German humour.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I think there are many reasons to be sceptical about the game, but that the german dev argument is an unfair one.
Many of the good recent adventure games were made in Germany, weren't they? Even ignoring Deadalic you've got Dropsy, The Book of Unwritten Tales series, The Inner world series, and probably more I can't think about, that's like half the good ones.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
kroete_cover_by_jarlfrank.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yes, I have no doubt that german devs can do a good job technically.

But name one genuinely funny thing that a German writer wrote.

Robin Williams said:
I was on this German talk show and this woman said to me, she said, "Mr. Williams, why do you think there's not so much comedy in Germany?" I said, "Did you ever think you killed all the funny people?" [laughter and applause] And...it was...and here's where it got interesting. She didn't bat an eyelash. She just went "No". At that point, even God's going, "Do you get it?!"

Terra

Cipher
Hopefully it'll at least distress some sjw types, that's good enough for me. Not expecting it to be up to the standard of the older games.

Morkar Left

Reviews so far are good. Puzzles are ok, good graphics and humor hits the spot. Only downside I heard is that the humor is sometimes too childish/primitive and there are phallus symbols everywhere in the environment. I'm considering buying it but I'm totally occupied with Star Traders in the few sparetime I have...

Boleskine

Arcane
In case anyone wants to see how the game is, here is the start of a playthrough.

added part 2:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, the edgy Greek-bros at ragequit.gr like it. `Hellion any chance of an English version?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The main character's voice is as insupportable as it can be (and you're going to hear a lot of it if you play the game) and that's about it, i suffered 15-20 minutes of it but i couldn't brought myself to go any further, it was as enjoyable as forcing yourself to eat some terrible food when you're not even hungry.

As for the beginning, aside for the bartender and the blonde, i was tempted to skip every voice acting (which i did sometimes, a good thing that's possible), the whole thing revolved about iphones, social network and hipsters, none of which have any interest for me.

It's clearly a game for teenagers and hipsters, i'm not sure the rest of the world is ready for it.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The main character's voice is as insupportable as it can be (and you're going to hear a lot of it if you play the game) and that's about it, i suffered 15-20 minutes of it but i couldn't brought myself to go any further, it was as enjoyable as forcing yourself to eat some terrible food when you're not even hungry.
That's Jan Rabson The same guy who voiced Larry in LSL 6 and 7.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
[...]

It's clearly a game for teenagers and hipsters, i'm not sure the rest of the world is ready for it.

So, you are saying this is a simulation of the average Codexers datinglife, only that Larry has a better fashionsense? Sold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom