Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 28: Medieeevvaallll Times

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Nmgpt0L.jpg

I have been rusty lately with Dominions5, and making bad plays, so I need more games.

MA - AKA Medieval Times
No mods.

Game page: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline28

Map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi...ty.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1492119021

Disciples Four teams of Two.

Who's joust will reign supreme?

Teams:

Team 1(Arthur):
R'lyeh (Pretender) - Infinitum
Pangaea - KoolNoodles

Team 2(Lancelot):
Nazca (Pretender) - sqeecoo
Mictlan - Dayyalu

Team 3(Gawain):
Marignon (Pretender) - Isiloon
Abysia - coldcrow

Team 4(Percival):
Phaeacia (Pretender) - JagreenLern
C'tis - Olinser

Dayyālu sqeecoo Isiloon Muty Infinitum JagreenLern

ETC.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
Can we ban water nations as well? Being unreachable until the midgame doesn't make for fun games imo.

sqeecoo

Arcane
What's with this banning shit? Are ye mice or are ye men! I'm more for solo game cause teams is more work, but teams is ok as well. We'd need at least 4, 5+ is better I think.

Infinitum

Scholar
I'm a mammal yo. Enough of this fish shit.

FAKE EDIT: But just in case, I'll take R'lyeh otherwise.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Playing ermor is a crime, playing water nations is frowned upon.

Especially if Infinitum plays it, we need another 2 water nations to balance it out

I'll go with Sceleria.

Wanted to go with C'tis but for some reason they don't have the pretender chassis I want. Also I like free troops.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Here's a revolutionary idea we've never tried before: let's start the game soon!!!

Seriously, if we wait around for one to three more, and then spend ages picking teams, I worry dominions 6 will be out before this starts and then we'll have to spend some time rethinking our strategies.

I'm fine with non-team FFA and even going solo in a world of teams if that helps the game start in 2018-2019.

Infinitum

Scholar
I'd prefer a team battle, novelties can be fun. That said I do agree getting games off the ground takes way longer than it should. I'm GMT+2 by the by, if we're doing teams we should probably set them up in similar timezones to reduce lag.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I'd prefer a team battle, novelties can be fun. That said I do agree getting games off the ground takes way longer than it should. I'm GMT+2 by the by, if we're doing teams we should probably set them up in similar timezones to reduce lag.

Time zone difference should be fine. Just get on Steam/Discord or use PMs liberally. Coordination is not super key until war starts. And even then....

Anyways, teams would be fine. The map, Snerdyn, accommodates up to 10. I'd like to start in a week or two tops.

Infinitum

Scholar
I'm fine with non-team FFA and even going solo in a world of teams if that helps the game start in 2018-2019.

So out of curiosity, would it be possible to submit a pretender/disciple from the same email address? If so, we could get started whilst looking for player #8?

EDIT: Or just leave #8 as a wildcard and get the other teams ready? We'll probably lose a few days procrastinating devising strategy anyhow..

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Nope, you'd need a different mail and a different copy of the game, from what I understand. But I'm willing to play solo if it comes to that :) As long as I get to try Nazca :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Go ahead and make some teams if people have an idea. I'll be on a team so whoever wants to join me go for it. :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Dayyalu and I were talking that we could be on one, if we're not short one player, in which case I'm ok with being the solo guy, just to get this thing going :)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
KoolNoodles do you want to team up, I feel we have a lot to share and my style is inspired by yours.

EDIT - actually, it makes more sense if I team up with someone who wants good scales

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
Already asked him :M

Not sure how much experience people have with Dominions? I'm pretty new (about a year) but have lurked the game longer and have previous strategy/4x experience. I did sort of win the last random-nation decline but most players abandoned that inside of year 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom