Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is now on Kickstarter

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Mortmal

Arcane
I recommend Codexers give more money for this https://rpgcodex.net/campaigns.php?id=22 then to bunch of cucks.
If we pay more does that mean we have to beta test the kidney first ? I noticed in all those Kickstarter paying more gives you the "privilege" to beta test their incomplete rushed piece of crap for free.
If you pay more you get to beta test being a donor.

Brb, getting more ice for the tub.
I wont be a good donor , too old. However we have a pool of useless millenials here on this forum, they are great candidates.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I recommend Codexers give more money for this https://rpgcodex.net/campaigns.php?id=22 then to bunch of cucks.
If we pay more does that mean we have to beta test the kidney first ? I noticed in all those Kickstarter paying more gives you the "privilege" to beta test their incomplete rushed piece of crap for free.
If you pay more you get to beta test being a donor.

Brb, getting more ice for the tub.
I wont be a good donor , too old. However we have a pool of useless millenials here on this forum, they are great candidates.
Putting the beta in beta test indeed.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The combat and overland reminds me a little bit of HOMM or maybe FG (minus the fact it’s not units and just a single character).

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So this looks very nice... before pledging arewe going to do a Codex fundraiser for backing this?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is inspired by the classic RPGs of the 80s and 90s, taking the best elements of the beloved old classics and reforging them into something new in a powerful modern engine. In Realms Beyond, you will find the tactical turn-based combat of the Gold Box Games, Temple of Elemental Evil and Dark Sun, the world exploration and camp management of Realms of Arkania, the interactivity and living world of Ultima, the choice-driven quests and reactivity of Fallout and Arcanum, and the rich NPC interaction of Baldur’s Gate and Planescape Torment (!!!), along with fresh new features that haven’t been seen before in the genre.
FTFY.
So this looks very nice... before pledging arewe going to do a Codex fundraiser for backing this?

Guys, most likely, we won't need that money, so please donate your money to help Steve aka Blackthorne.

We can still do some post-campaign Codex fundraiser, but right now, help your fellow codexian because we're doing fine, he, unfortunately is not.
Nice PR move.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014

Guys, most likely, we won't need that money, so please donate your money to help Steve aka Blackthorne.

We can still do some post-campaign Codex fundraiser, but right now, help your fellow codexian because we're doing fine, he, unfortunately is not.
Nice PR move.

Yeah, you fucker. I am that good at PR that I didn't even send one single press release resulting in zero mainstream publicity for our campaign.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am that good at PR that I didn't even send one single press release resulting in zero mainstream publicity for our campaign.
On the other hand, at least you know your audience. Or, who isn't your audience.

More on topic, where's your Chris Avellone Stretch goal?

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
I am that good at PR that I didn't even send one single press release resulting in zero mainstream publicity for our campaign.

More on topic, where's your Chris Avellone Stretch goal?

Our Stretch Goals (and rewards) are a little different to those of the last bazillion KS campaigns. And a while ago, I read somewhere that Chris doesn't do stretch goals anymore.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Speaking of which, do you have a PR plan at all?

We don't have any. We need to focus our limited resources to communicate with backer directly and to create actual meaningful content updates.

Beside that, I would rather accept a lower funding result than spending a single dime to PR agencies. Without those, we probably won't get ever access to ign/pcgamer/RPS but meanwhile I just don't give a shit - good game journalism is a myth anyways.

I will now excessively use the ignoring feature, just to filter the RB related threads (no time for all those shitspots atm)

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
For Clandestine, we spent all our PR budget on finishing the game so it didn't have any PR to speak of, and it did very poorly. We learned our mistake with Viking, having people and budget dedicated to PR, which definitely had an impact, just by getting our name and game out there. There's a lot of factors to consider, but not having any PR budget should from my limited perspective be done with extreme caution. Having contacts in the media seems to me almost as important as an ad-budget, as knowing people in the media will mean they're much more likely to write about you.

EDIT: Don't know how relevant this is to you guys, obviously.

Septaryeth

Augur
Didnt they lost someone not too long ago because of funding issue or did I remembered the wrong game? And now JarlFrank who wrote the bomb throwing Santa is gone? Was he actual Nazi, or is it another one of those "Anything from Codex must be baby kicking alt right propaganda"?

:?

FFS. Another one after Iratus. And this time the Codexer actually got booted.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Fuck, I had completely missed this thread. Had completely forgotten this was a thing, even. Blew me away. Fantastic.
HobGoblin42 said:
Give me money for my SocJus company so I can shit more on the Codex and politicize the industry some more.
No. Fuck off, you traitorous potato. There's a lamppost in Alexanderplatz with your name on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom