Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
How to get Delgado as an advisor? I got no option about it

I think he can become a treasurer and arcanist. So if you haven't unlocked those spots he's useless for a while.
Also I'm pretty sure that Jubilost is the better treasurer by far.

Edit: BTW this is one of the games I find myself thinking about it while working or "socializing". Before that Underrail and AoD had that effect on me too but none other for years. Nice to have that feeling after such a long time...

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
You are complaining about a wild hunt monarch?? A creature that is a Level 26 fey with a caster level 17 in druid spells? Really? Against a level 15 group?

First..in an average campaign, at this point in a pnp game, your group is amonst the most powerful forces in the humanoid community. There are not many level 16+ people running about. That creature you are going against, ist the most powerful fey you can usually encounter..they are almost godlike.

And yes, I surely hope they start the fight with greater dispel magic, because they are highly intelligent. Next is baleful polymorph to turn all your insolent casters and rogues into dogs.

If that greater dispel got your protection from evil (which I do hope you have despite them not being evil...) then welcome to dominate monster once (maybe on your strongest looking animal companion)/charm monster at will with a DC 22 will save. Hope your fighter is up to it and your mage who is not yet a dog.

You call out the "randomly paralyzing" thing. That is a dc 31 paralyzing/terrifying/confusing gaze. He can do that as a free action. FREE as in beer, each round as many times as he likes (unless the game imposes a limit). Yes, that is the paper version of that monster. Nothing random.

And if he kills someone of your party, he can reincarnate them as a free action as a FEY. They are gone forever unless you kill them AGAIN, cast break enchantment and then raise them again.

Now the fun part...even if they do not cast spells, they have an all-bane +5 thundering glaive (reach..haha..i am not stating on that) which he can toss out 100 feet and have it return as a FREE action.

But why should he do that? His spells and abilities are so much more formidable than his weapon.

And if you give him any trouble (should not work @ level 15 but the AI is dumb), he would just summon a CR 18 encounter once a day and while you deal with that (which in fact is almost as powerful as the monarch himself), he sods off to return after recovering.

I could lay out how to beat the monarch in a pnp game with a well equipped level 15 group. If I could actually put him down for good @ that level....I have my doubts. Not without losses unless lady luck really smiles.

Now I want to get to Chapter VII even more :negative:

Cael

Arcane
You are complaining about a wild hunt monarch?? A creature that is a Level 26 fey with a caster level 17 in druid spells? Really? Against a level 15 group?

First..in an average campaign, at this point in a pnp game, your group is amonst the most powerful forces in the humanoid community. There are not many level 16+ people running about. That creature you are going against, ist the most powerful fey you can usually encounter..they are almost godlike.

And yes, I surely hope they start the fight with greater dispel magic, because they are highly intelligent. Next is baleful polymorph to turn all your insolent casters and rogues into dogs.

If that greater dispel got your protection from evil (which I do hope you have despite them not being evil...) then welcome to dominate monster once (maybe on your strongest looking animal companion)/charm monster at will with a DC 22 will save. Hope your fighter is up to it and your mage who is not yet a dog.

You call out the "randomly paralyzing" thing. That is a dc 31 paralyzing/terrifying/confusing gaze. He can do that as a free action. FREE as in beer, each round as many times as he likes (unless the game imposes a limit). Yes, that is the paper version of that monster. Nothing random.

And if he kills someone of your party, he can reincarnate them as a free action as a FEY. They are gone forever unless you kill them AGAIN, cast break enchantment and then raise them again.

Now the fun part...even if they do not cast spells, they have an all-bane +5 thundering glaive (reach..haha..i am not stating on that) which he can toss out 100 feet and have it return as a FREE action.

But why should he do that? His spells and abilities are so much more formidable than his weapon.

And if you give him any trouble (should not work @ level 15 but the AI is dumb), he would just summon a CR 18 encounter once a day and while you deal with that (which in fact is almost as powerful as the monarch himself), he sods off to return after recovering.

I could lay out how to beat the monarch in a pnp game with a well equipped level 15 group. If I could actually put him down for good @ that level....I have my doubts. Not without losses unless lady luck really smiles.

Now I want to get to Chapter VII even more :negative:
Don't worry. Owlcat will asspull something that will allow you to kill it easily, like they did with the adamantine golem.

Maybe that undead elf chickie will bust out an aura that will weaken all fey creatures being as they are supposed to be embodiment of life and she is undead.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
it's ok for random treasure= money.

it's not ok for unique stuff and piece of relics.
Why? Random treasure is also allowed to be good, and you should in no way be guaranteed to grab all the unique stuff or all the relics in a single play-through. In fact, I think the opposite is true - random or hidden loot should be qualitative at times, for many reasons; to make certain skills feel meaningful, to reward meticulous exploration, to simply serve as an unexpected reward, or any combinations thereof.
has anyone got a good class to multi with grenadier? I'm wanting something to improve melee viability, possibly with sneak attack for massive dmg
Knife Master comes to mind. Alchemists work pretty well with rogues overall, since rogues aren't casting-dependent, so you're not mixing caster progressions, and they'll never be a pure fighter anyway, so the benefits of Fighter are pretty low, and both Paladins and Barbarians largely depend on progressive benefits such as Rage, Lay on Hands, Smite, etc., whereas Sneak Attacks and the like are static, consistent bonuses that will almost always remain useful (of course, often to a lesser degree the higher you go, but still). Alchemists also rely on high intelligence, whereas Fighters and Paladins and Barbarians rely on ability scores that benefits the Alchemist little or not at all.

Grenadiers also get Martial Proficiencies, which Rogues don't get, but other martials do, anyway. Finally, we have a build thread for a reason.
What's the big deal with the whip quest anyway? Delgado seemed like a psycho asshole to me so I told him to fuck off and killed his dumb troll.
You troll-loving piece of shit. That was his legal property!
I read his diaries, he's a wacko. It bugs me how I either have to side with a monster or a psychopath. Fuck em both.
It kinda bugs me how it's implied that to be Lawful Good, you have to sorta accept what he's doing, or else you're either Chaotic or Evil. One Lawful Good option in this case, as the ruler, would be to make it clear in no uncertain terms that what he's doing is henceforth illegal, and if he persists, he will be put to the stocks. This, in turn, might prompt him to actually attack or whatever, but it should've been doable. The dude is (as discussed earlier in the thread) textbook Lawful Evil (and is categorized as such by the game, surprisingly) anyway.

Then, the troll would obviously have to be put down or something, because it's an evil, man-eating monster that cannot be reasoned with. :bounce:

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I had to visit him manually and unprompted after chapter 2 ended, hand him his whip, then start another dialogue with him and convince him to join me instead of leaving the accursed swamp.

In hindsight, I think he had the right idea. Stupid swampland with no economic future.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I had to visit him manually and unprompted after chapter 2 ended, hand him his whip, then start another dialogue with him and convince him to join me instead of leaving the accursed swamp.

In hindsight, I think he had the right idea. Stupid swampland with no economic future.
Oh, he was there when you went back there, eh? Lucky bastard.
qzDcjl.gif

Thonius

Arcane
Anyone know how you can verify in game if teamwork feats are active? More specifically, I have the shield wall on two companions, but I don't see any effect on AC, or a status icon or something indicating the ability is triggered, when they're fighting close together.
Hard to tell with this game if things are bugged or not.
Well for example shield wall works ONLY in combat. Check in logs you'll get extra ac.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
The amount of bugs they fix every two days is impressive. There must be a lot of them still working on post release support.
Except they are also fixing bugs introduced by earlier patches
Anyone know how you can verify in game if teamwork feats are active? More specifically, I have the shield wall on two companions, but I don't see any effect on AC, or a status icon or something indicating the ability is triggered, when they're fighting close together.

combat log after getting attacked is the only way i know.
And shield wall definitely works in 1.0.10c because I checked that few hours ago.

Cael

Arcane
The amount of bugs they fix every two days is impressive. There must be a lot of them still working on post release support.
Except they are also fixing bugs introduced by earlier patches

combat log after getting attacked is the only way i know.
And shield wall definitely works in 1.0.10c because I checked that few hours ago.
You do realise that there was a hotfix since then, right?

:troll:

Elex

Arbiter
If you missed some item in Dwarf Fortress but spared kobolds
kobold merchant appears in bastion, and sells EVERYTHING you can miss, including Blessed Path
the kobolds at the exit?

i think that mean perception is litterally money.
it also mean you can have multiple copy of the same stuff?
like: don't loot, spawn the merchat, go to loot, then buy from the merchant.

Andnjord

Arcane

Andnjord

Arcane
So, just finished Armag's Tomb and it turns out the biggest challenge weren't the encounters, but rather...the perception checks :roll:. Had to give the Skill Focus Perception to my cleric (he's the only one with high Wisdom) to not miss all those DC 35 checks.:negative:

A lot easier than Vordakai's.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
I've picked up my defender druid again and I have to say I really like the true neutral alignement options so far. Considering most games focus on the goody two-shoes path first, and then slap the chaotic evil mass murderer on it as an afterthought, it's really nice to play a game that caters even to the 'my precious balance' characters.

(Gave him the piggy as animal companion, because I couldn't resist the lure of having a baron who holds audiences with a boar standing right next to the throne... :lol:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom