Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

spectre

Arcane
I'm not saying Sarkan isn't useful, but his impact on the board is minimal until he's all good to go, and he doesn't generate card advantage. I gotta say, I prefer the illiusion-making Jace for that reason alone.
Still, I wouldn't be going out of my way, spending wildcards on either of them when there's still a Rekindling Phoenix, Relic Seeker or Carny that's still up for grabs.

Also, I'm so fucking done with Sexy Singletons in my Area, it was a decent money sink while it lasted and I had a pretty good streak, even managed to get two UR duals out of it, but damn, that thing was random.
Like Magic Duels on steroids - let's all put a bunch of value cards together and see what sticks.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So funny how the actual game is better than anything digital wizards has ever made and the launcher is a horrific nightmare. Just updating is hilariously dumb

Well except for the old Shandalar of course which was the pinnacle of anything ever made on a computer

spectre

Arcane
Well except for the old Shandalar of course which was the pinnacle of anything ever made on a computer
Yeah, I dunno why can't they just copy the fucking thing. With the campaign, character development, ruin exploration, boss fights, protecting villages, limited tournaments. People would pay good money for it.

flushfire

Augur
Wish they'd put something like a friendlist and a lobby for practice games or something, this is the first online multiplayer game I've played without that feature. Got a few friends I'd like to introduce to the game, the automation of Arena would be perfect for them, but not being able to play or even talk to them in-game means they'll likely never stay. It's really kind of baffling that the game has almost no social aspect to it.

And I hope they figure out what to do with 5th copies of cards other than what they have now, because getting 0.5% progress towards the Vault for a rare is just terrible. I'd rather keep that card and hope one day I'd be able to give it away to someone or dust it or something. Hell, I'd even rather use that card's art to decorate something like the deck box's cover than receive 0.5 fucking percent. At least let me make the choice, damn it.

Only a month till Artifact, I couldn't bear any more land issues and just quit. Garfield himself admitted that it's a fucking shit design decision hence the fixed mana income in his next game. But man did it cause me a lot of butthurt, tracked my last 30 matches and I lost more than a half of them due to being manafucked, it's ridiculous.

spectre

Arcane
Wish they'd put something like a friendlist and a lobby for practice games or something, this is the first online multiplayer game I've played without that feature. Got a few friends I'd like to introduce to the game, the automation of Arena would be perfect for them, but not being able to play or even talk to them in-game means they'll likely never stay. It's really kind of baffling that the game has almost no social aspect to it.
There was a vestigal social tab in the closed beta, so it appears to be on their todo list. Not sure what's the holdup.

At the moment, Magic Duels is a better game to play with your nublet friends because you can play Two Headed Giant vs. AI.

illuknisaa

Cipher
Only a month till Artifact, I couldn't bear any more land issues and just quit. Garfield himself admitted that it's a fucking shit design decision hence the fixed mana income in his next game. But man did it cause me a lot of butthurt, tracked my last 30 matches and I lost more than a half of them due to being manafucked, it's ridiculous.
Are you sure that you aren't just a shit deck builder? I play mtg all the time and I rarely get mana skrewed.

Are you sure that you aren't just a shit deck builder? I play mtg all the time and I rarely get mana skrewed.

We are talking MTGA with a sketchy randomizer and 85% of people running net-decks, not MTG in general (I play plenty of kitchen magic as well). I can safely say that I lost and won (in arena) about a third of games based on my or opponent plays, the rest was RNG.

Neither your or my experience is enough to be considered relevant in terms of data, but that's big picture stuff. On a personal level I don't want to play a game that you win or lose based on random thing that you can't really control. Yeah you can manafix, but it's still RNG and you are padding your deck with boring ass cards with sole purpose of mitigating shit design. Might as well play blackjack at that rate.

Last edited:

Monocause

Arcane
We are talking MTGA with a sketchy randomizer and 85% of people running net-decks, not MTG in general (I play plenty of kitchen magic as well). I can safely say that I lost and won (in arena) about a third of games based on my or opponent plays, the rest was RNG.

Neither your or my experience is enough to be considered relevant in terms of data, but that's big picture stuff. On a personal level I don't want to play a game that you win or lose based on random thing that you can't really control. Yeah you can manafix, but it's still RNG and you are padding your deck with boring ass cards with sole purpose of mitigating shit design. Might as well play blackjack at that rate.

I disagree, partially. It's true that bad draws can screw up pretty much any deck, but good deck-building is about leaving as little to chance as you can afford.

Personally I feel Bo1 MtG games don't make a lot of sense because of what you said. Bo3 evens it out quite a bit, and with 15 cards in your sideboard you can really amp up your control.

My main gripe with MtG:A is applicable to pretty much all online deckbuilders - the way meta works. Constructed feels quite samey as you keep encountering similar decks (mono-red aggro, that annoying Blue/White/Red control deck with Teferi and Ral that makes every match take 20 minutes etc unless you counter it properly etc). It does feel like it limits your freedom with putting together decks as you know full-well lots of your choices are gonna get immediately killed. Hence I prefer the limited formats, although it's quite frustrating how expensive they are to play for a half-F2P player (I did spend about 20$ on the game to pay what I feel is fair but don't want to pay any more).

I'd love it if wizards introduced:
1) A cheaper limited format where you get prizes but don't keep the cards you drafted. I know something like that exists in MTGO.
2) A play format with lots of card ban rotation to block overwhelmingly popular decks and force people to experiment and build more versatile collections. This would also make sense financially.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I think the meta is pretty diverse right now given that only half of the Ravnica guilds are represented. The meta will reach full maturity after the next set fills in the missing guilds and it'll be pretty awesome.

Although I think aggro is dead in this enivronment, there's way too many sweepers available. The only aggro deck that I've seen come back from getting swept is Selesnya. And if Selesnya is the best aggro deck, the environment has some serious issues.

I disagree, partially. It's true that bad draws can screw up pretty much any deck, but good deck-building is about leaving as little to chance as you can afford.

Personally I feel Bo1 MtG games don't make a lot of sense because of what you said. Bo3 evens it out quite a bit, and with 15 cards in your sideboard you can really amp up your control.

My main gripe with MtG:A is applicable to pretty much all online deckbuilders - the way meta works. Constructed feels quite samey as you keep encountering similar decks (mono-red aggro, that annoying Blue/White/Red control deck with Teferi and Ral that makes every match take 20 minutes etc unless you counter it properly etc). It does feel like it limits your freedom with putting together decks as you know full-well lots of your choices are gonna get immediately killed. Hence I prefer the limited formats, although it's quite frustrating how expensive they are to play for a half-F2P player (I did spend about 20$ on the game to pay what I feel is fair but don't want to pay any more).

I'd love it if wizards introduced:
1) A cheaper limited format where you get prizes but don't keep the cards you drafted. I know something like that exists in MTGO.
2) A play format with lots of card ban rotation to block overwhelmingly popular decks and force people to experiment and build more versatile collections. This would also make sense financially.

Aye that's the problem with MTGA, all the good formats are either behind a paywall or a grind or aren't even in the game yet, constructed is net deck central, while the default ladder is plagued by forced "deck strength" matchmaking. Made a janky ass deck with a bunch of rares and mythics (god forbid one of them is actually used in one of the top decks)? Get paired against meta cancer decks. It just kills any opportunity for experimenting and kitchen magic nonsense, which makes grinding all the more annoying. Lack of friend play is also a killer, with a presentation like that most people (myself included) don't feel like spending time or money on this shit. Out of 6 friends I started with, only one still plays like once or twice a week, the rest tapped out already.

Monocause

Arcane
So got this Etrata-flavored Dimir deck here that has lately seen some good matches in constructed. Feedback appreciated.

Main:
3 Etrata, the Silencer (GRN) 170
10 Island (RIX) 193
9 Swamp (RIX) 194
2 Disinformation Campaign (GRN) 167
2 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
2 Divest (DAR) 87
2 Pilfering Imp (GRN) 81
3 Burglar Rat (GRN) 64
2 Plaguecrafter (GRN) 82
2 Reassembling Skeleton (M19) 116
2 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
2 Nightveil Sprite (GRN) 48
2 Essence Scatter (M19) 54
3 Sinister Sabotage (GRN) 54
2 Sift (M19) 72
1 Entrancing Melody (XLN) 55
1 Selective Snare (GRN) 53
3 Dimir Spybug (GRN) 166
1 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
1 Cabal Stronghold (DAR) 238
1 Gruesome Menagerie (GRN) 71
2 Whisper Agent (GRN) 220
2 Thoughtbound Phantasm (GRN) 55

Sideboard:
2 Duress (M19) 94
3 Murder (M19) 110
2 Mind Rot (M19) 109
2 Demon of Catastrophes (M19) 91
1 Rite of Belzenlok (DAR) 102
2 Waterknot (RIX) 61
1 Tempest Djinn (DAR) 68
2 Millstone (M19) 242

spectre

Arcane
That's 21 lands If I'm seeing correctly? I think you need at least one more, regardless if you're playing Bo1 where supposedly 22 lands are favored by the algorithm, or Bo3.

Generally speaking, I'd prioritize getting a full set of Thought Erasure and Disinformation Campaigns, they work brilliantly together. You may be having trouble dealing with a topdecked hexproofer or planeswanker.
Discovery // Dispersal is great for this - instant speed bounce that doesn't target and lets you discard it the next turn. Discovery part could be good when digging for Etratas.
Blink of an Eye also works here.
Uncommons are probably your main bottleneck at the moment, but Golden Shower Demise is a great budget way to put some chlorine in the pool for the merfolk to enjoy.
You might actually use its Ascend in a meaningful way, and I firmly believe that if you run board wipes, you need at least 4, preferably more.
I am also finding Moment of Craving to be a very helpful removal if you have spare common wildcards.

So, the plan with Reassembling Skeletons and Burglar Rats is to feed them to the Plaguecrafter? I think you can get those Demons out to the main deck to show some muscle.
I'd axe Whisper Agents and Thoughtbound Phantasms, much too subtle in my opinion. Leave them in Limited where they belong.

Sift is also pretty bad for the cost, and also a sorcery. Chemisters Insight is the superior choice, although you may not need it at all if you can get a few spins out of your Campaigns.

Tempest Djinn and Cabal Stronghold doesn't do a lot for you. Leave them to the monodecks where they belong.

You should have a Vraska's Contempt from one of the starters. No excuse not to use it imo.

Jason Liang

Arcane
So got this Etrata-flavored Dimir deck here that has lately seen some good matches in constructed. Feedback appreciated.

Main:
3 Etrata, the Silencer (GRN) 170
10 Island (RIX) 193
9 Swamp (RIX) 194
2 Disinformation Campaign (GRN) 167
2 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
2 Divest (DAR) 87
2 Pilfering Imp (GRN) 81
3 Burglar Rat (GRN) 64
2 Plaguecrafter (GRN) 82
2 Reassembling Skeleton (M19) 116
2 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
2 Nightveil Sprite (GRN) 48
2 Essence Scatter (M19) 54
3 Sinister Sabotage (GRN) 54
2 Sift (M19) 72
1 Entrancing Melody (XLN) 55
1 Selective Snare (GRN) 53
3 Dimir Spybug (GRN) 166
1 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
1 Cabal Stronghold (DAR) 238
1 Gruesome Menagerie (GRN) 71
2 Whisper Agent (GRN) 220
2 Thoughtbound Phantasm (GRN) 55

Sideboard:
2 Duress (M19) 94
3 Murder (M19) 110
2 Mind Rot (M19) 109
2 Demon of Catastrophes (M19) 91
1 Rite of Belzenlok (DAR) 102
2 Waterknot (RIX) 61
1 Tempest Djinn (DAR) 68
2 Millstone (M19) 242

I know that you're working with the cards you got, but I'd say the dubious choices in your deck are Divest, Reassemblng Skeleton, Nightveil Sprite, Sift, Entrancing Melody, Selective Snare, Whisper Agent, Dimir Spybug and Thoughtbound Phantasm. You should be looking to upgrade all these cards with the ones that spectre suggested- Dimir has too many amazing, top notch spells to work with to run mediocre filler. Instead of a gimmicky grow threat like Dimir Spybug, you should work on adding Nightveil Predators, which are a legit threat and win condition right out of the box. Disdainful Stroke is a vital component of Dimir's counterspell package- it counters Vine Mare, Rekindling Phoenix and most Planeswalkers, and stupid Angels like Lyra, Aurelia and especially that bitch Shalai- definitely upgrade Essence Scatter to Strokes. Hired Poisoner is cheap defense to help you stabilize against Red and Boros and adds another 1cc creature you can recur with Gruesome Menagerie. You should also have a Dire Fleet Poisoner that can be useful too. I also run Dire Fleet Hoarders and Heartless Pillage, using the Treasure tokens to ramp and help color fix early. Notion Rain is also a fine spell that accumulates card advantage, and Chart a Course is even better- Dimir should definitely run a 6-8 card split of those. For top-end, both Hostage Taker and Eldest Reborn swing games. While Dimir can't recur Eldest Reborn like Golgari, it can set up Eldest Reborn much better by trashing a juicy animation target from the opponent's hand. Dimir doesn't have much options for Planeswalkers but a Karn for card advantage and damage soak is always useful.

As far as Etrata specifically, the three cards that combo with her are Helm of the Host, Lazar and Forerunner of the Legion. Forerunner of the Legion tutors for her, Lazar can copy her and the Helm is the ultimate combo with her.

Monocause

Arcane
Thanks a ton to you both!

Re: some of your points

- Not sure about 22 lands. I've been experimenting with 21 vs. 22, but as this deck is now, it's really cheap and I usually start discarding opponent's cards v. quickly, which means that usually games are quite long, which means that even if I'm out of luck the mana comes my way eventually. I'll give it another shot though.
- Definitely agree about Cabal Stronghold - started designing this deck as a mono-black, and this is a leftover. Should swap it for a guildgate or Detection Tower.
- Chemister's Insight - true, much better than sift, it's just that I hesitated to spend a wildcard as currently I've only one copy. But at the very least should swap out one of the Sifts.
- Thought Erasure - again, I've only two copies, but I also kinda like how Divest/Duress are single mana cost spells. Thinking back on my games I do think I should swap Duress into main rather than Divest as I struggle with removal on the planeswalker/enchantment front more than with creatures.
- Vraska's - got only one of those, and found it frustratingly unreliable this way. Also, while the card is very good, it's also 4 mana and I tried to keep the expensive spells as limited as possible.
- Discovery/Dispersal - True, but wildcards etc. But it's deffo on my wishlist.
- Golden Demise - no copies, again :(
- Moment of Craving - I've some common wildcards, will consider
- Djinn - not sure what I was thinking when I sideboarded that. :D

The way this deck currently works is it really pushes the discard tempo and is very cheap. Unless my starting hand is really terrible, I can get most decks stripped of their initial strong plays, or build up a manascrew. Unless I'm unlucky, the opponent is discarding all the fucking time.

- Selective Snare is a token army counter, or generally a hard counter to any decks that rely on creature types. You can wipe the board with this - and it's still useful against decks that don't run counters on multiple occasions. Honestly I was surprised at how versatile this card is, and it's really cheap. The card alone won me at least 3 games already I think.
- Entrancing Melody - it had its uses, though I agree I should find better options there. It's already expensive and I could get a big body on the board for that mana.
- Demons - yeah, I should get them in.
- Disdainful Stroke - why do you consider the card so good? If you pay one mana more, you get sabotage or cancel. For big bodies I already have Etratas, Plaguewalkers, not to mention tons of discard.
- Eldest Reborn - I've played against plenty of decks running that and it would fit really nicely, but I haven't a single copy there :(
- Reassembling Skellies and Burglar Rats - yeah, they're chaff for plagueswalkers, early pressure and chump blocking. Skellies are actually pretty amazing at the pricetag. Jason - why do you rate those poorly? 2 skeletons in a deck are excellent value for money, I think - work well with sacrifices, chump blocking, early game pressure. They often become Vraska targets, which is a net gain in terms of mana spent. For 2 mana it's a really good deal.
- Nightveil Sprites - I'm surprised you rate those poorly. 1/2 flying with surveil for 2 mana? These are excellent creatures for an early draw, and it's a synergy point with campaigns.
- Running 4 campaigns - don't you find it too many? I've had bad experiences with running 3 campaigns in this deck, already, and cut down to 2. Played plenty of games against Dimir decks where too many campaign draws screwed them, as once the game is well developed, the campaign is basically "pay 3 to draw 1".
- Dimir Skybug and Thoughtbound Phantasms - The Skybugs could be swapped for something better indeed, I think. Re: the phantasms, I've limited good options for the 1 mana slot and they're quite decent.
- Whisper Agents - will give it a think.
- Forerunner and helm wouldn't fit this deck - one is white, the helm is way too expensive for this one. Would run a Lazav but don't have one :(

Generally your (Jason's) advice seems to be leaning to push the deck towards a much different mana curve, which is an option, but would alter the deck very significantly.

I'll probably post the updated list in a few days.

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
There is probably more than one way to play Dimir, the full on control approach and going midrange. I think the control approach and a higher mana count is a more natural fit - whenever I play a 22 land dimir, I always feel like I am short on mana - can't even let 1UU open for the sinister sabotage because of the campaigns, notion rains, thought erasures.

The kosher dimir control only has 4x Doom Whisperers and I think 2x Thieves of Sanity (that guy can pretty much seal the game vs some decks - against red, if they don't blast it away immediately, you'll probably draw all the tools to kill their creatures) and I thin 2x Dream Eaters as its creatures

If you want to stick with the midrange approach at least for a while, I think Spybugs and Sprites form an okay backbone, make sure to protect them from deafening clarions.
The phantasm has a bit of a problem because it takes forever to activate beatdown mode on that thing and at 2/2 or it's won't be a significant roadblock for red or green aggro.

If you really want to go aggressive in UB, I'd get a set of Pilfering Imps and Siren Stormtamers, if you get a few more decent flyers, you can round it all nicely with 2-3x Favorable Winds.
This'll of course take a shitton of uncommons, but I've always been a fan of UB flyers.

Anyways, if you're having trouble deciding on the mana count, here's something handy to look it all up:
https://www.channelfireball.com/art...you-need-to-consistently-hit-your-land-drops/

It all depends on where your sweet spot is. With 22 lands, you reliably get to three mana which lets you grind away with campaigns to eventually get more.
You also want to get to 4 mana fast so that you can Thought Erase and leave back 2 mana for the 1U counterspells.

Thanks a ton to you both!
- Disdainful Stroke - why do you consider the card so good? If you pay one mana more, you get sabotage or cancel. For big bodies I already have Etratas, Plaguewalkers, not to mention tons of discard.
It is surprising how many must-counter threats are four mana - board wipes (clarion excluded), planeswalkers, card draw, nullhide ferox, vine mare. That one mana may look insignificant, but you need every point.
Try a mix of Essence Scatters, Negates and Disdainful Strokes and see what works best for you. I was seldom unhappy even when having two of each.
Remember that the plan is to run 4x thought erasures, which basically means you have complete information about the opponent's hand and get to pick and choose what to remove immediately and what to counter later.

- Reassembling Skellies and Burglar Rats - yeah, they're chaff for plagueswalkers, early pressure and chump blocking. Skellies are actually pretty amazing at the pricetag. Jason - why do you rate those poorly? 2 skeletons in a deck are excellent value for money, I think - work well with sacrifices, chump blocking, early game pressure. They often become Vraska targets, which is a net gain in terms of mana spent. For 2 mana it's a really good deal.
Not a question for me, but I'll answer. The deal is okay-ish, but it does tie up your mana and you what you are getting is endless sacrifice fodder (not something you're fully taking advantage of) or a perpetual blocker which ties up one attacker with an upkeep of 2 per turn.
Unfortunately, as the skeleton doesn't have a lot of bite to it, it won't be killing many attackers, it might be overall better to just pay the same amount for Cast Down and be rid of the problem permanently.
Keep them around if you get any Severed Strands from running a Ravnica draft. These things are common as dirt. I think you also have a bunch of Vicious Offerings lying about to pair with it.
In short: it's a lovable jank but still jank. They're fine as placeholders, but you will outgrow them.

- Running 4 campaigns - don't you find it too many? I've had bad experiences with running 3 campaigns in this deck, already, and cut down to 2. Played plenty of games against Dimir decks where too many campaign draws screwed them, as once the game is well developed, the campaign is basically "pay 3 to draw 1".
The 4 off is mostly there to get it out early. It is pretty sick value with thought erasure. I know I am in broken record mode, but going:
erasure - campaign, erasure, ritual of soot, campaign often leaves the opponent with their pants down and in topdeck mode - which is your cue to start winning the game.
Instant speed bounce at EoT works great to keep the campaigns useful throughout the game, though. I've seen people pair it with Dream Eater to good effect, but I'm not a big fan of throwing wildcards at it.

- Selective Snare is a token army counter, or generally a hard counter to any decks that rely on creature types. You can wipe the board with this - and it's still useful against decks that don't run counters on multiple occasions. Honestly I was surprised at how versatile this card is, and it's really cheap. The card alone won me at least 3 games already I think.
Yeah, it would have been great if it were instant speed. That was the deal-breaker in my case. It also doesn't catch the infuriating merfolk tokens.
Honestly though, it is mostly a placeholder for more Rituals of Soot. And when it comes to 1/1 and 2/2 tokens, Golden Demise nets you more kills for much less.

Finally, when it comes to Vraska's Contempt, it's great because it's never useless - a bit like the Plaguewielder. They always have either planeswalkers or creatures to exile.
And the 2 life is fr from irrelevant. A lot of my dimir games hinged on getting those couple of extra points.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Neither Reassembling Skeletons nor Nightveil Sprites have enough power to affect your chance of winning the game. You do want some early drops, but those early drops have to be effective against pure aggro decks like burn. Reassembling Skeletons are just not mana efficient. Two mana is huge in the first few turns. Against aggro, I would rather play Dire Fleet Hoarder which, when killed, leaves behind a Treasure token to ramp me to Ritual of Soot or Eldest Reborn or Planeswalker earlier, which is more helpful than having to pay more mana to regenerate it. Another example are the burglar rats. Like Dire Fleet Hoarder, the rats give you up front value. That's better than Skeletons' "potential" payoff. Against burn, you are better off paying 4 mana to play 2 rats than paying 4 mana to play the same skeleton twice.

Vraska's Contempt is great simply because it's one of the best ways to answer Rekindling Phoenix- answering Planeswalkers as well is added value. I would run 2 in any deck that can make black. The life gain is crucial against burn- burn is simply too lethal right now to consistently beat without some life gaining.

Last edited:

Valtiel

Scholar
Been playing this for a couple of days, really enjoying it, nostalgia hit since I used to play the game back when I was younger.

Just lost a game where I was 65 - 3 because of fucking 4-5 mana picks and nothing else in hand:negative:

da_rays

Augur
Seem like ''Direct Play'' will be coming along this November , or maybe December in worst case scenario . They seem pretty sure of themself to post about it.But still , with this , we ll be able to play VS whatever username you punch in. Just 1 duel tho , for 2 out of 3, just restart the direct play with a new deck if you sideboarded or same deck if you go no change. thats gonna be a slight annoyance. Still will be funny to totally switch deck on game two for giving your opponement a WTF moment . But you know, just for that , obligatory

FUCCCCCCKYEAAAAAAAAAHHABOUTIMEYOUGODDAMNMOTHERFUCKERMAGICISAGODDAMNSOCIALGAME!!!!!!!!1!!111!!!!

And they are also announcing that they will announce some more social feature soon, surely after shitload of bug fixing of adding a new feature

Jason Liang

Arcane
They should just make direct challenge matches not count for rewards, problem solved.

Same with the 5th card issue, why not let you randomly gift 5th+ cards to other players? Or something like an exchange. After a random match, you can gift that player an extra card, and then if they want they can reciprocate with an extra card of equal rarity.

spectre

Arcane
It's all here:
https://forums.mtgarena.com/forums/threads/40563

• All Direct Challenge matches are "Best of One". If you want to challenge your friend to a Best of Three, you will have to re-queue once the match completes with a sideboarded deck you've edited in the Deck Builder.
  • Direct Challenge matches have no impact on your Player Rank.
  • Direct Challenge matches will not progress any Daily Quests or Weekly Win rewards.
  • We have currently disabled all Timers for these matches (though you can still time out from the server if no actions are taken for an extended period of time.
So, no farming quests or wins. I think that was to be expected, although they could throw peeps a bone and let them do quests at least. Not that they're particularly challenging and I don't thing any of them require you to win games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom