Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Modron

Arcane
I didn't know the codex was that hyped about Achtung!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First game that begins with the letter J!

Jupiter Hell Release Date: May 31 2019 added to Turn-based
Destiny Chronicles Release Date: Late 2019 added to Third/First Person Action
The Qaedon Wars - The Story Begins Release Date: TBA added to Tacticool
Space Raiders RPG Release Date: October 8 2018 added to Turn-based
Chaos Sector -混沌宙域- Release Date: October 8 2018 added to Asian
Deadsiege Release Date: January 2019 added to Action/Real-Time

Revenant Dogma RELEASED!

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Stirring Abyss
Stirring Abyss is a PC game of deep ocean exploration and strategy. You take charge of a U.S. Navy expedition during the early years of the Cold War. The crew find themselves stranded among the ruins of a forgotten civilization, their submarine too badly damaged to escape the depths. Featuring gripping Lovecraftian storytelling, hauntingly beautiful underwater environments, diverse combat and characters, and a chilling original soundtrack. The abyss calls. Do you have the will to answer?

Currently trying to raise money on Indiegogo, probably doesn't succeed.

edit.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Next PB game will be announced next year and deliver incline, as always.
Disco Elysium is made by fentanyl addicted Tallinner hipsters.

Angon - The grim age
ANGON - THE GRIM AGE
(Early Alpha)

In Angon - The Grim Age, role-playing faces a medieval apocalyptic story about survival and politics. Enter into the journey that leads the world to chaos and misery, exploring unique places on the wasted land of Eradon. Take decisions that can shape the destiny of the people, battle on turn-based old rpg style and immerse yourself in the rich and deep lore with unique npcs that actually cares with your actions.
The people of Hellstad waits for your arrival.

WHAT MAKES ANGON UNIQUE?

- Rich, deep and mature lore, divided by charpters with different finals.
- Huge armory, +150 weapons and equipments, fully craftable.
- Turn-based combat, inpired by Battle Brothers system, with many realistic features.
- Survival elements, manage your party and help the people to survive through this dark times.
- Differents decisions with differents consequences.
- 2D stylized graphics.

Feed.png

More informations soon!
Almost nothing yet, but cool premise anyway.

Those prerenderd graphics
:love:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

http://www.ballisticinteractive.com/
http://www.ballisticinteractive.com/
Also
https://fafh.itch.io/demo
Far Away From Home is a Tactical RPG for PC. A game play demo is available, main story elements will be included in the full game.
Some highlights regarding this game:

• Strategic turn based combat
  • 5 unique characters that can be built for various roles and strategies
    • Simon: support or damage dealer
    • Claster: tank, damage augmenter or support
    • Gabriel: dodge tank or damage dealer
    • Graff: short range, long range, or AOE damage dealer
    • Crim: damage dealer or tank
  • 25 stages (5 in the demo)
    • Challenging encounters with various stage mechanics
    • Powerful bosses
    • Diverse environments and weather effects
  • 55+ items, many of which can alter your characters play style and abilities

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Veil of Crows.
https://www.veilofcrows.com/
Veil of crows is a sandbox style real-time strategy game set in a chaotic medieval world. From violent, and overtly bloody battles, to completely destructible castles, RPG style hero development, and meaningful interactions with other factions.
Trade, bribe, extort, and destroy your way to world domination! The world of veil of crows remains persistent after you die, so your impact will have a lasting effect on the world even after you fail, or start over. Can you conquer the world and take the throne?

Released 18 October.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Found some that hadn't been mentioned yet.

https://www.theprota.com/game
The Protagonist is a sci-fi RPG with branching narrative and turn-based combat. Set in an alternate world not too different from our own, The Protagonist shines a spotlight on a Special Agent of the Terran military force, code named: ANGEL.

Her mission goes awry when she wakes in an infirmary on an alien ship she’s been tasked with infiltrating. With no memory of how she arrived in her current circumstance, ANGEL must fight her way through an unknown alien species, regain her lost memories, and complete a mission that will bring an end to the impending war.

http://heraldsoftheorder.dx.am/
Heralds of the Order is а turn-based strategy game boiled down the genre’s core principles. Utilize positioning and abilities with elaborate patterns to achieve victory! Featuring hand drawn art and over 20 hand crafted story missions.
Apparently this one has demo available.

https://cs4survivors.com/#trailer
OVERVIEW

-Turn-based tactical combat

-RPG style character progression

-Weapon/Equipment research and customization

-Open world campaign

-Multiple Endings

https://monster-sanctuary.com/

edit.
There's also this.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Been fairly inactive for a while, but not dead yet. Here's another update. Probably missing many things.

Nifelheim RELEASED!
Veil of Crows RELEASED!
Infinite Adventures RELEASED!
河洛群俠傳 (Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon) RELEASED!
Megadimension Neptunia VIIR | 新次元ゲイム ネプテューヌVⅡR | 新次元遊戲 戰機少女VⅡR RELEASED!
Of Gods and Men: The Daybreak Empire RELEASED!

The Protagonist Release Date: TBA added to Turn-based
Hellsign Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA) added to Real-time/Action
Monomyth Release Date: 2019 added to Third/First Person Action
Heralds of the Order Release Date: TBA added to Tacticool
ColonyShio-4: Survivors Release Date: 2019 added to Tacticool
Monster Sanctuary Release Date: TBA added to Side Scrolling
Atelier Meruru ~The Apprentice of Arland~ DX - メルルのアトリエ ~アーランドの錬金術士3~ DX Release Date: December 4 2019 added to Asian
Disjunction Release Date: 2019 added to Action/Real-Time
End State Release Date: TBA added to Tacticool
Phantom Brigade Release Date: TBA added to Tacticool
(I was 100% I had added these last two while we were on page 1, seems that I missed them. Funny, because I am interested in both. A very belated sorry to Modron )

I did not add RAM Pressure. If only it had offline mode.

Call of Cthulhu: The Official Video Game Removed from the list.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Fates of Ort Release Date: TBA added to Turn-based
It looks like specially awful real-time with pause actually, my impression is that you don't even have control over your characters other than the main one, which is a shame because the trailer could be appealing otherwise :

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom