Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
so it seems that humble deluxe insomnia was indeed a mistake on Humble's part (I assume it was meant to be the deluxe upgrade) and people who bought it are getting their steam keys revoked by valve

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
They've delayed patch 3 and are merging it with patch 4

cee70f2f21c7b2b7614becc617f3e7f802d8ac2a.png

Hello everyone! Today we will cover quite a few topics regarding the latest INSOMNIA-related activities including the current situation with bug fixes and the lucky winners of the video contest that was available with the game’s launch.

Patch #3 is getting merged with patch #4

As you may know, the release of our next patch has been delayed to make sure it won’t follow the same path as patch #2, which introduced a few issues like disappearing weapon icons. And due the continuous work on solving the issues faced by our players so far, we have decided to combine patch #3 with the release of patch #4, which should be launched next week.

ba17a393b1d1ae1457ff6091c5a0ee902d0010f1.png

We are thankful for all of the the feedback you’ve been constantly providing us via the Community Hub, the submission form, email, social media and other mediums. This feedback is collected, analyzed and transformed into specific tasks for our team to address. We are lucky to have such an active community as you guys, who care enough about INSOMNIA and put time and effort in discussing the issues and the best ways of solving them. We couldn’t ask for more!

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Ook, I snatched this on Humble. I do have to wonder if it was really a pricing error, or if Humble convinced them to undercut the Steam price so heavily.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Ook, I snatched this on Humble. I do have to wonder if it was really a pricing error, or if Humble convinced them to undercut the Steam price so heavily.

It's too late now but I would suggest to stop buying this shit ... at least until it's patched.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I wanted to buy it on sale sometime in the future, but hey. If it helps the devs at least a little bit...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

it was a pricing error, it was meant to be the deluxe edition dlc. there are reports of people's keys being revoked and getting refunded by humble.

Why would Humble convince them to undercut the Steam price and then not cut the price of the regular edition at all? I also wouldn't be surprised if Humble is the one asking for keys to be revoked since they would still owe the publisher the full price of the keys (minus the 20% off full price of course)

It's too late now but I would suggest to stop buying this shit ... at least until it's patched.

why are you going so hard on this game while at the same time playing pathfinder: kingmaker a ton? pathfinder has tons of problems also and the hotfixes break stuff every other day.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
it was a pricing error, it was meant to be the deluxe edition dlc. there are reports of people's keys being revoked and getting refunded by humble.
terrible business decision
if you make an error like this you're supposed to eat the loss because it was your fault

Humble is owned by IGN Entertainment.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Right, Humble has fixed it. (though I still have the game. We'll see what happens.)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

why are you going so hard on this game while at the same time playing pathfinder: kingmaker a ton? pathfinder has tons of problems also and the hotfixes break stuff every other day.

It takes 2 weeks to fix a critical bug introduced by their own patch? Really!?

How about they remove Patch 2 and provide the original build/patch1 build! It takes like 10 minutes and everybody would understand the following delays.

But no, instead of doing the common sense thing, they are holding the game hostage for everybody because that's exactly what they are doing. The original build was bugged but people were able to finish the game. Patch 2 didn't break just one main story quest, it broke at least 3 main story quests. Damn convenient bugs.

My guess is that there is something happening behind the scenes (between the publisher and the devs) and these delays are simply insincere and dishonest towards their customers. This is no longer a case of rookies mistakes and honestly it doesn't matter who's fault it is: the most supportive people for this game/devs got the shaft.

That's why the comparison with Pathfinder is completely wrong because OwlCat is releasing hotfixes almost every day. You can feel that the devs are trying hard while in the case of Insomnia the devs are simply MiA ... for two weeks, soon to be 3 weeks.

*There is one guy doing support on Steam forums but it's obvious the poor guy is not a dev.

I'm not hard on the game. I still look forward to play the patched version but in these circumstances I would recommend some caution dealing with these devs and publisher.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

How about they remove Patch 2 and provide the original build/patch1 build! It takes like 10 minutes and everybody would understand the following delays.

But no, instead of doing the common sense thing, they are holding the game hostage for everybody because that's exactly what they are doing. The original build was bugged but people were able to finish the game. Patch 2 didn't break just one main story quest, it broke at least 3 main story quests. Damn convenient bugs.

My guess is that there is something happening behind the scenes (between the publisher and the devs) and these delays are simply insincere and dishonest towards their customers. This is no longer a case of rookies mistakes and honestly I doesn't matter who's fault it is: the most supportive people for this game/devs got the shaft.

That's why the comparison with Pathfinder is completely wrong because OwlCat is releasing hotfixes almost every day. You can feel that the devs are trying hard while in the case of Insomnia the devs are simply MiA ... for two weeks, soon to be 3 weeks.

*There is one guy doing support on Steam forums but it's obvious the poor guy is not a dev.

I'm not hard on the game. I still look forward to play the patched version but in these circumstances I would recommend some caution dealing with these devs and publisher.

I agree that they have been incompetent on many number of fronts, however I just don't feel it is in as such dire straits as you are making it out to be. I think it is way too early to start saying they are abandoning it, or that they are maliciously lying/being dishonest with customers. There are many devs/pubs that are as slow and non-forthcoming about future plans and still honor their end of the bargain.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

My guess is that there is something happening behind the scenes (between the publisher and the devs) and these delays are simply insincere and dishonest towards their customers. This is no longer a case of rookies mistakes and honestly I doesn't matter who's fault it is: the most supportive people for this game/devs got the shaft.

I agree that they have been incompetent on many number of fronts, however I just don't feel it is in as such dire straits as you are making it out to be. I think it is way too early to start saying they are abandoning it, or that they are maliciously lying/being dishonest with customers. There are many devs/pubs that are as slow and non-forthcoming about future plans and still honor their end of the bargain.

Ok. Let's see how this saga ends.

Jinn

Arcane

Fucking this. There is something weird going on here, and I've been feeling it every day I've checked in on the steam forums for awhile. If you want to see how a developer should communicate with their audience, especially if there are clearly problems with the game, look at Vigilantes and how Timeslip speaks to his customers; in a very upfront, respectable, intelligent, knowledgeable and honest way. He is one man and does a better job of it while also continuing to develop his game and collect and apply feedback. There is no excuse for the vague, meandering, occasionally spiteful, and seemingly uninformed interactions I've witnessed on Mono's steam forums, especially when a single man handles a similar situation in a much better fashion. The "update" posted today about "merging patches" is the perfect example of what I'm talking about. Still no concrete details about what is being added beyond what they planned for patch #3 (which was essentially just fixing the game that they broke with their own work). Vague, vague, vague. And after making your customers wait as long as you have already, you toss them a few garbage sentences and tell them to wait another week. Just be honest. Own up to your shortcomings, or show that you're actually working on something, or release something, or anything. I said before I wasn't frustrated, but I actually am now. This "update" is just too much of a slap in the face and another indication that something shady is going on here.

Wait a minute. Weren't you essentially saying the same thing about both P:K and Insomnia last week? You were going hard on the Russian psyop shit, right?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Possibly they just don't have a man who can in community work and PR sort of things, they are all programmers and artists...

Jinn

Arcane
Possibly they just don't have a man who can in community work and PR sort of things, they are all programmers and artists...

I'm fairly certain I read in his developer bio that the guy who manages their steam forums, "Vault_13", is indeed the dedicated community manager/PR guy. That's his sole occupation. He's also mentioned on the steam forums that is his major occupation as well. Communicate with the community and gather feedback to pass on to Q&A. He might do a little testing too, but he's never mentioned it.

Jinn

Arcane
I mean it's self imposed role and he is bad at it, and understanding westernr cultural tropes.
Or something.

What I'm saying as well, in case it wasn't clear, is that I don't think the guy is an artist, writer, or programmer. PR is not a tacked on responsibility. It's his primary responsibility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom