Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Resonance of Fate 4K/HD - Out now on PC

Reinhardt

Arcane
After marionette parts farming for quest i'm afraid to sell or dismantle ANYTHING.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
There aren't many quests like that IIRC. Keep at least one of each meat items (like Quality Meat) in your inventory though.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Fuck I wish they made a sequel so bad. Fuck's sake, recycle as much of the assets and animations as necessary, just improve and increase the complexity of existing mechanics.

Reinhardt

Arcane
There aren't many quests like that IIRC. Keep at least one of each meat items (like Quality Meat) in your inventory though.
I'm more concerned about what to recycle and what to keep for crafting. Yes, game tells you in item descrition, but
1OLC.gif

Jinn

Arcane
Why remaster now? After releasing Star Ocean 4 remaster on PC and PS4, with that experience, they were looking for other games to remaster, and of course there was this one. When they talked about it, SEGA said "if you want to do it, here you go." So they're self-publishing this. There's also desire to make a sequel, so they are hoping this remaster sells well enough to do that.

God I hope they feel it sells enough. It's not exactly soaring to the top of any best seller lists at the moment, which is a shame.

Jinn

Arcane
A lot of people claim they don't. I had plenty of disk space so I went for it anyway. Like I stated before in the thread, the game is beautiful.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
So I've gotten a good 4 hours in on this game now, and I must say it's something really special. The mixture of turn-based tactical combat with simultaneous action is really unique, and not to mention engaging and stylish as hell.

Character progression is achieved through a base character level, and then skill level-ups with particular weapons they are using most. Seem to work well, and each character seems to be geared towards a proficiency of some sort. You can equip and train any character in any weapon though.

Exploration is really interesting, as you are essentially opening your path through resources and hexagonal puzzle pieces. This is no walking simulator in any regard. All actions are linked to gameplay, which is in turn linked to other gameplay mechanics.

I love the setting and how the story progresses with the three protagonists as the main focus, and how they are navigating through this intiguing world.

Really impressed. Haven't played such an interesting and unique game in a long while.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Character progression is achieved through a base character level, and then skill level-ups with particular weapons they are using most. Seem to work well, and each character seems to be geared towards a proficiency of some sort. You can equip and train any character in any weapon though.

Isn't character level just the sum of the weapon levels? You have level up multiple weapon types on each hero, or you'll hit a ceiling with the character level rather sooner than later (and then have to send your weapon level 1 character into a level 30 fight).

Adon

Arcane
to send your weapon level 1 character into a level 30 fight
Best way to level new weapon fast.

Not just that, but there's also the arena where you can fight lower level enemies whenever you need to. That being said, it is just easier to level them up against higher level enemies. Especially grenades (Well this depends on the type) and handguns as both just deal Direct Damage so you'll almost never end up using those against enemies that don't already have Scratch Damage. On top of that, weapon customization really comes into play as to how effective your weapons can be so you don't want to slack on that either for the combat.

Overall tho I think it's hard to get overleveled on this game unless you complete the arena. One of the later ranks has these high level shielded turrets that you can easily grind for XP. The only catch for the arena is that ranks are tied to story progression instead of only what you've already done.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
First you have to realize though, that you have to train the characters in multiple skills ;) In the beginning, the game suggests that everything is fine, if everyone just specializes in their default weapon / utility. At least that's what I remember from the PS3.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Isn't character level just the sum of the weapon levels? You have level up multiple weapon types on each hero, or you'll hit a ceiling with the character level rather sooner than later (and then have to send your weapon level 1 character into a level 30 fight).

Yeah, I should have clarified that weapon proficiency level seemed to have an impact on how base level was gained, though I'm unsure if it's the only factor that increases base character level.

Adon

Arcane
First you have to realize though, that you have to train the characters in multiple skills ;) In the beginning, the game suggests that everything is fine, if everyone just specializes in their default weapon / utility. At least that's what I remember from the PS3.

Hence why I mentioned that it's easier to level up Grenades and Handguns even at lower levels against higher levels, and provided an alternative by mentioning the arena. You can specialize at the beginning, but it won't be long before you start having problems dealing with enemies; especially the mannequins in Chapter 3 when you're going through the Forest of Idols. I remember that being a point where it got easier on my second playthrough because I wasn't neglecting my other weapons.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Chapter 7 doing it again. New areas to map, new shop, new gun for sale, because i've skipped arena in chapter 6 it's 10+ ranks to do... And i don't even have enough money for gun, cash and monster parts for customization too.:negative:

Reinhardt

Arcane
After 4 arena ranks in a row from 1 to star i have enough money for gun and some more but now i need to rest for a few days. 40 battles is exhausting. I'm making mistakes even in simplest things.
Maybe i'll go and try Pathfinder again.

deuxhero

Arcane
The end battle animations creep me out. The graphics are realistic enough that seeing the tiny Leanne wave around a 3 pound loaded pistol, let alone a 6 pound loaded SMG, like it's not there is just wrong. Not to mention breaking every rule of gun safety.

Reinhardt

Arcane
After 4 arena ranks in a row from 1 to star i have enough money for gun and some more but now i need to rest for a few days. 40 battles is exhausting. I'm making mistakes even in simplest things.
Maybe i'll go and try Pathfinder again.

Spent sunday farming arena, mapping new areas, farming arena, mapping new areas, farming arena some more. Now i have 9 bezel stones, party levels are ~60, around 300k geld after buying new gun. Still chapter 7. NOW i can relax and play something else

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wiplashing hard from hold your hand tutorials in games to reading the manual is normally something I support.

Not so much when the manual is gamefaqs and the story is presented in the wow I better read the wiki Dark Souls fashion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom