Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Well the thing is - amount of constructive criticism on steam forums is abysmal. It's full of drooling retards. If you want to ruin your day got to steam forum and read how POE superior in every way to this, and how DOS is greatest rpg of all times. Also some retards keep on asking for additional game mode - turn based. You cannot negotiate with retards.

Please stop releasing hotfixes and take your time with future patches (banned)

I think Amiri is poorly written (banned)

The kingdom management is poorly explained. Add more tutorials. (banned)

Reduce enemy stats and instead add more enemies to encounters (banned)

I want to explore, but the timers are too much pressure (banned)

ect.

Thonius

Arcane
Rolled another char sword and board LN knight fighter
With 14 DEX?

You need 15 for Two Weapon Fighting + Shield Bash.
And he gave him 12 INT? 2INT = 1/2 skill point per level, that's pathetic. No reason to do that other than larping. 13 at least would give him access to several feats but 12 is neither here nor there. My inner min-maxer is devastated looking at this newest Commissar creation.
:decline:

Other than that, I agree that fighters are much more interesting in this game than in most past D&D-likes, even the 3.x ones.
13 INT for combat maneuvers, dirty tricks and trip.

Thonius

Arcane
Well the thing is - amount of constructive criticism on steam forums is abysmal. It's full of drooling retards. If you want to ruin your day got to steam forum and read how POE superior in every way to this, and how DOS is greatest rpg of all times. Also some retards keep on asking for additional game mode - turn based. You cannot negotiate with retards.

Please stop releasing hotfixes and take your time with future patches (banned)

I think Amiri is poorly written (banned)

The kingdom management is poorly explained. Add more tutorials. (banned)

Reduce enemy stats and instead add more enemies to encounters (banned)

I want to explore, but the timers are too much pressure (banned)

ect.
Eh stop with the Reddit spacing. We are not retards here.
Well, I saw shit ton of same threads active and running. They get locked when someone mentions SJW, starts trowing insults etc.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
of course that require a carefull plannig and extreme min maxing.

the game at lowest difficulty is a clownfiesta that require almost zero effort.
Frankly this game has massive problem with major fights when it will lock you in a room, and when it spawns enemies behind your back. So it's not about CR, it's about them of not be competent GM.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Here's a mod which lets you change the character outfit, turn off helmets and backpacks, it uses UnityModManager:
https://github.com/spacehamster/KingmakerVisualAdjustmentsMod/releases

There are still some bugs, some probably from the game itself, such as colors turning blue, which I've witnessed when I multiclassed from fighter to fighter/inquisitor, the hat is blue even though I set everything to black on the fighter at first level.

ArchAngel

Arcane
of course that require a carefull plannig and extreme min maxing.

the game at lowest difficulty is a clownfiesta that require almost zero effort.
Frankly this game has massive problem with major fights when it will lock you in a room, and when it spawns enemies behind your back. So it's not about CR, it's about them of not be competent GM.
So you would rather have PoE tank and spank?
At least in this game (on release) enemies sometimes will go beyond your front line and attack casters. I bet you don't like that as well, right?
You need to kite a bit and I bet you are too lazy for that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
With 14 DEX?

And he gave him 12 INT? 2INT = 1/2 skill point per level, that's pathetic. No reason to do that other than larping. 13 at least would give him access to several feats but 12 is neither here nor there. My inner min-maxer is devastated looking at this newest Commissar creation.

Other than that, I agree that fighters are much more interesting in this game than in most past D&D-likes, even the 3.x ones.
This is not BG, he can increase Int to 13 at lvl 4, 8 or 12 and then pick up feats. It is not like you need trip and shit at low levels. Just plain attacking and murdering low HP enemies works better at those levels.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
With 14 DEX?

This is not BG, he can increase Int to 13 at lvl 4, 8 or 12 and then pick up feats. It is not like you need trip and shit at low levels. Just plain attacking and murdering low HP enemies works better at those levels.
He is already at level 4 though. So the earliest opportunity is at level 8. And he also needs more DEX as already mentioned. And as Shadenaut pointed out that taking those feats might not be the optimal route for a sword+board build anyway. Still, yes you are correct, technically speaking he can do it.
I was mostly making fun. It's not like he made a maxed charisma and wisdom but low dexterity and strength fighter build. It's a solid enough as it is.

Incendax

Augur
And he gave him 12 INT? 2INT = 1/2 skill point per level, that's pathetic. No reason to do that other than larping.
Does he even know it’s 1/2? Lots of people get fooled by the 12 and 16 Int Skill Point totals.

Elex

Arbiter
20181019-Valerie.jpg

20181016-Ekundayo.jpg

20181009-StagLord.jpg

20180921-Jaethal.jpg

20180717-HumanPriest.jpg

20180416-HalfOrcMagus.jpg

paizo is going full in. meanwhile wotc still try to promote some generic mmorpg.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
With 14 DEX?

Hold my beer.

125A32939761220ADF2D23E436AE2A5FE81587AD

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've played the first chapter at least 5 times (maybe more) but this is the first time I find this ...

9C7E24110DC00EB9467B8FD62C3BA6693572587E

Fucking A + awesome story + shitload of XP + I've reached lvl 5.

:love:

Edit: All items can be found in chapter 1 zone (without the wererats)

And I think most people will miss the item from the insane dryad. It's top-left of the map.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So as I suspected, Magus Enchant Weapon is also bugged. When you reach lvl 5 and 9 you are supposed to give your weapon a +2 and +3 bonus OR you can exchange some of those for things like keen or shocking and shit. But the game never applies more than +1. If you don't choose some of these other enchantments, you gain nothing...

EDIT: OK after further testing, this only happen when you are also using Enduring Blade addition. But considering everyone will be using that one, this is almost same problem.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I find it ironic how the forum that celebrates free speech is okay with developers silencing criticism.

Banning paying customers that give constructive criticism is the fastest way to alienate their fanbase, and niche developers can't afford to treat their fans like shit.
The Stockholm Syndrome itt is too strong. They'd never take this from Bethesda and Bioware, of course because they didn't make a game they really liked.

Yosharian

Arcane
Developers have got to stay true to their vision. You can't please everyone.

That's not to say devs can't respond to constructive feedback. But when the feedback is 'change it to make it easier/simpler' that's not necessarily something to jump on immediately

That said, without a background in Pathfinder it's really difficult to figure out how some things work. They need better tooltips, descriptions

I'd add 'and fix the fucking bugs' but that feels like wasted words at this point

panda

Savant
So as I suspected, Magus Enchant Weapon is also bugged. When you reach lvl 5 and 9 you are supposed to give your weapon a +2 and +3 bonus OR you can exchange some of those for things like keen or shocking and shit. But the game never applies more than +1. If you don't choose some of these other enchantments, you gain nothing...
Are you sure? I'm playing kensai and this is one of few things working correctly. It even not buffs weapon beyond max 5.

Gord

Arcane
On the one hand, I'm really curious about this game, on the other I've just finished BT4 and my quota for buggy Kickstarter releases is still filled for some time.
Guess I'll (try to) wait for the first proper patch (and the hotfix that fixes the new bugs, as well as the hotfix for the hotfix).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Are you sure? I'm playing kensai and this is one of few things working correctly. It even not buffs weapon beyond max 5.
See my EDIT. It seems this is connected with using Enduring Blade.

Ibbz

Augur
Chapter 7 is still broken - the final fight won't initialise properly with the latest hot fix ( for me anyway).

I am up to 100ish hours though, so if youre just starting now, you should have plenty of time before you start hitting serious bugs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom