Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
On the one hand, I'm really curious about this game, on the other I've just finished BT4 and my quota for buggy Kickstarter releases is still filled for some time.
Guess I'll (try to) wait for the first proper patch (and the hotfix that fixes the new bugs, as well as the hotfix for the hotfix).
I'm 100 hours in the game (recently killed trolls) and it's perfectly playable. Great BG1 clone.

Elex

Arbiter
On the one hand, I'm really curious about this game, on the other I've just finished BT4 and my quota for buggy Kickstarter releases is still filled for some time.
Guess I'll (try to) wait for the first proper patch (and the hotfix that fixes the new bugs, as well as the hotfix for the hotfix).
first two chapter are almost bugfree.

Thonius

Arcane
I'm I think at chapter 3 and only bugs I saw - Bokken, Throne room bug ( When you got visitors and you press rest from city square there are some visual bugs) and that pillage/rebuild Elk temple in kingdom manager. ( Plus I ques some feats bugs in chargen)

vonAchdorf

Arcane

It's just a bad game design imo. Having high level mobs in low level areas just wastes the player's time and allows devs to reuse areas for content later on. It's lazy and boring, which is why most games don't do this kind of thing. I fought this thing 3x before googling it to realize that it's not meant for a level 2 party. It's disappointing to know that this kind of thing will happen again and again in my playthrough. Yawn.

:D

Sorry...the mutilated bodies around of people dropping +1 dueling swords (more than your party has at that point) points to the fact that stronger people than you have fallen here.

Those hints are there to make you use the thing between your ears (not the nose) or alternatively the load button.

You described pretty much every other encounter in this game so far (seeing an area with corpses laying around). And regardless, it's poor game design to waste a player's time. It would be different if there was a quick dialog that explained that this area looks too dangerous to explore right now and to come back later, but it doesn't do that, it instead wastes the player's time. This encounter looks no different than any other.

Visual / environment clues aren't enough, it needs even more handholding. :sad:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've played the first chapter at least 5 times (maybe more) but this is the first time I find this ...

9C7E24110DC00EB9467B8FD62C3BA6693572587E

Fucking A + awesome story + shitload of XP + I've reached lvl 5.

:love:

Edit: All items can be found in chapter 1 zone (without the wererats)

And I think most people will miss the item from the insane dryad. It's top-left of the map.

Yes found them once and now cant remember where the sorceress staff was. :dealwithit:

As to builds I play on normal with My Wifu Valerie, She bear, Blond Cutie Cleric aka Tristiana, the rat and my Elven wench. Will go for Dex 15 for two weapon fighting eventually and INT 13 for combat moves but for now its solid build. Human fighter has crap-load of feasts to to choose from and use I can made perfect death machine later on too but even now my fighter does more damage with his longsword than She Bear with Greatsword and has comparable AC to Valerie.

Much more fun than Paladin who was really rail loaded by my never choose evil option home rule and was medicore fighter unless facing evul enemies.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I fucking hate players who learned "poor game design" mantra and apply it to anything which even remotely frustrates them

Before players would just go "what is this shit" or "am I bad?" or "am I not supposed to go there?", now if game is NOT LIKE DOSE OTHER GAMES, it means it is "poor game design" or "it is fundamentally broken" (focus on fundamentally it is smart word) or "my GM would not do this"

Oh and GM thing is especially telling, because judging by everything I've read d&d/pathfinder GMs are pussies who never even killed a single player character in their gaming life

Elex

Arbiter
I fucking hate players who learned "poor game design" mantra and apply it to anything which even remotely frustrates them

Before players would just go "what is this shit" or "am I bad?" or "am I not supposed to go there?", now if game is NOT LIKE DOSE OTHER GAMES, it means it is "poor game design" or "it is fundamentally broken" (focus on fundamentally it is smart word) or "my GM would not do this"

Oh and GM thing is especially telling, because judging by everything I've read d&d/pathfinder GMs are pussies who never even killed a single player character in their gaming life
Well any GM will kill that player.

GM:"you found some adventurers killed on their bedroll, there is some weapon around and some packed camping stuff"

players "we rest here"

GM: you mean you wait around the camp and wait for the night?"

players: "no no we use the packed camping stuff and we sleep here"

GM: "so you remove the dead body and sleep in the same bedroll?"

players "yes free camping stuff!"

GM :"......................."

GrainWetski

Arcane
Where did all these "muh balance" retards even come from? I've honestly never seen it with a single-player game before. Obviously you have people whining about every game ever made being too hard, but these people specifically talk about the game being "unbalanced" all the time.

Is Sawyer to blame? Is it the crappy storyfags doing "D&D" shows on Twitch and Youtube that have made them think RPG worlds should be some perfectly level-scaled mess that your party can breeze through just so the GM can continue his awful story?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

hell bovine

Arcane
Where did all these "muh balance" retards even come from? I've honestly never seen it with a single-player game before. Obviously you have people whining about every game ever made being too hard, but these people specifically talk about the game being "unbalanced" all the time.

Is Sawyer to blame? Is it the crappy storyfags doing "D&D" shows on Twitch and Youtube that have made them think RPG worlds should be some perfectly level-scaled mess that your party can breeze through just so the GM can continue his awful story?
Linear game design which requires that every map/quest/fight is adjusted to the level the player character will be when they do that map/quest/fight. The idea that you explore a map, and then return to follow up on the content that wasn't doable on the first try, is something for senile old geezers in a nursing home, obviously.

My Wifu Valerie, She bear, Blond Cutie Cleric aka Tristiana

:what:
She's got more masculine face features than Tristian. Scratch that, any of the female companions looks more masculine than the healbot.

Andnjord

Arcane

How do these people even live long enough to play video games if they lack any form of survival instinct?
I mean there are fucking corpses littered around a camp in the middle of a god damm warzone!
:argh:
We ARE roplaying a party a bloodthirsty murderhoboes, so that's pretty consistent behaviour for your typical DnD/Pathfinder group.

haderlump

Literate
So bug-wise, where's it at compared to two weeks ago?
It has evolved.

For better or worse?
That's not how evolution works.

But obviously, things seem to be getting better as far as I can see, they don't really create to many obvious new bugs when fixing the old, just embarassing ones. However, I'm still only playing around in the early stages of the game to avoid any gamebreaking frustrations later on so I can't really comment on any seriously broken parts.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
As to builds I play on normal with My Wifu Valerie, She bear, Blond Cutie Cleric aka Tristiana, the rat and my Elven wench. Will go for Dex 15 for two weapon fighting eventually and INT 13 for combat moves but for now its solid build. Human fighter has crap-load of feasts to to choose from and use I can made perfect death machine later on too but even now my fighter does more damage with his longsword than She Bear with Greatsword and has comparable AC to Valerie.

Much more fun than Paladin who was really rail loaded by my never choose evil option home rule and was medicore fighter unless facing evul enemies.

I have no idea about dual wielding but She Bear should not have the same AC like Valerie :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom