Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Well, this thread just proved that Owlcat chose correct aproach with their hotfixes.

It's ridiculous how the same people upset with gamebreaking hotfixes in Kingmaker are now freaking out because the Insomnia developers are taking their time.

Mono Studios is a 10 person team. There's no conspiracy or shadiness going on. Just some amatuers that are in deep over their heads.

passerby

Arcane
Yeach, the bitching about some bugs in otherwise good indie rpg is reaching absurd levels.
The steam reviews are sad and unjust development.

It was a very bad decision to not go early access for 2-3 months though, they would iron out all the issues and receive very good reviews.
They didn't have time and funds for QA, so it should be natural when making complex rpg on a budget.
It's not beneath a studio like Larian, why they thought, they could do any better ?

Jinn

Arcane
It's ridiculous how the same people upset with gamebreaking hotfixes in Kingmaker are now freaking out because the Insomnia developers are taking their time.

The difference is that P:K will at least one day be fixed, and Owlcat is making tangible progress even with the set-backs. Yes, people have to wait and it's annoying, but it's clear that the game won't be abandoned.

With Insomnia and the way things are going, my guess is they'll fix the game to the point where you can at least finish it, then leave it and move on. My guess is things like the atrocious inventory, uneven character progression, unbalanced weapons, weird combat AI, lack of proper UI feedback, terrible performance and lack of optimization, poor translation, and untranslated lines, will be all that's left for history to remember the game by. Their crawl of a pace to fix the technical aspects of the game just makes me think this even more. I'm sure they're working on it, but how hard and how effectively are different stories.

Again, there are simple ways they could avoid this untrusting glance from their audience that would hardly interfere with their daily work, but they absolutely refuse to take advantage of these things. Just another way they are stirring up suspicion and making themselves look disingenuous through inactivity. So yeah, there is plenty that they are doing, or that their publisher is doing, or both, that makes this one of the strangest and worst handled game releases I've seen in a long time.

I would love to be wrong and hope I'm proved so very soon.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
they will patch this game and it will be glorious incline. do not doubt the slav.

also anyone expecting eurojank not to be janky is an idiot.

janky=/=buggy
Still i do agree with you,nothing more glorious than Slav :smug:. It is a shame that i have to wait for another week to enjoy the Slav incline.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
they will patch this game and it will be glorious incline. do not doubt the slav.

janky=/=buggy
Still i do agree with you,nothing more glorious than Slav :smug:. It is a shame that i have to wait for another week to enjoy the Slav incline.

I don't mean buggy but complaining about the UI or about inventory in a EUROJANK game? They are always mechanically clunky, but they are still good.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

janky=/=buggy

I don't mean buggy but complaining about the UI or about inventory in a EUROJANK game? They are always mechanically clunky, but they are still good.
I do agree,also who is having a problem with the UI and the inventory? Is is ok,it is serviceable.

Jinn

Arcane
I love me (some) eurojank, which is evidenced by my repeated praise and undying adoration of the likes of Gothic 1 & 2. Usually what they lack in technical polish is more than made up for in genuinely fun gameplay and a sense of actual passion.

Inventory is just one example of the many things that need addressing in Insomnia. I am fine with jank, and find that I'm almost unreasonably forgiving of games, particularly when it comes to technical issues. The thing that bothers me is that there are a great amount of actual gameplay and mechanical concerns that could be addressed and evened out into a fairly well-tuned experience, that probably will not be because of lack of effort, or skill, or of course resources.

Listen guys, my positive review still stands on steam for the game. Look back at past posts of mine in this thread expressing my optimism, hope, and well-wishes for both the game and the team. Look on steam and see my direct interactions with and feedback given to the developers. I care about this game, see its huge potential, and even still like it and very much so want to play it.

I don't think recognizing the strange behavior and warning signs of doomed development to be the ravings of an irrational consumer baby. I think it's only natural to express a wish for a more reasonable amount of reassurance that things are moving in the right direction for something I care about. I also think it's fair to hold them accountable and demand a little more professional reciprocation in terms of transperancy. If the game was even in a little better shape, I wouldn't care as much, but looking at their last "update" about merging patches just made a lot of flashing warning signs appear for me. Starting to get some serious Grimoire flashbacks.

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
WOW Even though Pope Amole II was shitting on this game in here he still decided to make a character build video for it..+M

Derp.

First, I've said that I really like the visuals/atmosphere and it's a total pity that it all got butchered but the hacks.

Second, MRY gave me a key for this specific purpose.

Third, in addition to that, one of their team members asked me to do a good analyzing review. For the sake of that I've even done a russian version of it.

Benthran

Novice
Deluxe Set status update
Hello everyone! This is a short update regarding the Deluxe Set giveaway which ended on October 15th. It resulted in the removal of the deluxe set content from the regular version of INSOMNIA (with the exception of an in-game armor set) and the launch of a separate Deluxe Set DLC.

However, due to the feedback we’ve received from our community, we are currently investigating ways to provide the Deluxe Set content via the Steam library to everyone who has purchased the game during the giveaway time frame. We have contacted Valve support for any advice and/or help regarding a possible way to do it.

This is more of a technical hurdle that is connected with specific Steam mechanisms, tools and features. We will keep you posted on our progress regarding this question. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kotan [developer] 18 hours ago
notification_icon_flag_light.png

"С ПАТЧЕМ ЧЁ?"

Пилится патч. В процессе. Делаем. Клепаем. Кодим. Проверяем. Еще раз кодим. Тестим. Опять кодим.

Чтобы вы понимали, почему это занимает столько времени: в условиях огромного количества контента в игре всегда есть риск, что какое-то исправление войдет в конфликт с чем-то еще. Дабы избежать проблем, который были с первым патчем, мы тщательно тестируем игру, а там, как вы помните, много часов на прохождение. Такие дела.
google translate
Sawed patch. In the process. We do. We rivet. Code We are checking. Once again code. Test Again code.

So that you understand why it takes so much time: in the conditions of a huge amount of content in the game, there is always a risk that some kind of correction will conflict with something else. In order to avoid the problems that were with the first patch, we thoroughly test the game, and there, as you remember, there are many hours of play. So it goes.

owlcat games BTFO

PrettyDeadman

Eurojank is a term which was born from ??irrational?? fear popamole gamers have of inclined games.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eurojank is a term used by the idiots who use a gamepad to play stuff that was designed with glorious PC and keyboard in mind.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
For me eurojank is high concept, low execution. Games where the game world is interesting to explore, and promises a good experience, only to be let down, by varying degrees, by the execution of some of the game systems, usually combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom