Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To be fair, aren't those individual bug reports, rather than individual bugs? A lot of those are probably reports of the same bugs. That being said, they should've really delayed the launch by two months, to the late november, it was clearly released without the final polish.

Probably. I'm mostly just taking the piss. Can't say I have seen such a high number before though :)

panda

Savant
For some reason i can't stop thinking that this Shaynih'a artisian with her stories is PoE's writing trolling.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How do I increase BP per week?!?!?!
I have 4 villages and can't build shit in them coz no enough BP.
Also I had a "kingdom destroyed" after my BP reached -50.
And yeah, I already sold everything and bought BP...
Meh,just cheat and buy all the bp you could get. It is really half assed mechanic seeing how little you get and how the main quest is rushing you. Most shit can't even pay for itself let alone turn up a profit. Most of the kingdom mechanics are made for long term gain while the quest is made for a short linear gameplay. There is no way you could build good kingdom and max all the advisor slots in the time that the quest line gives you. The whole quest line is maybe 2-3 years.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Are there any gamebreaking bugs or is it just annoying shit?

Edit: gamebreaking the sense that "oh I just put 50hrs into the game but now am at a spot where I can't go back or forward"

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I agree. In fact I find it hard to believe that anyone thinks Amiri or Valerie are SJW pandering. I mean I haven't finished the game, so if the characters change dramatically or get some stupid twist in the backstory I'll eat my words, but from the moment they are introduced both of them seem to be only there to make fun of the stronk indepentend womyn trope.

Amiri is clear comedy relief. She screams on about how stronk she is and that she need no man, but is the first to go down in any fight if you don't go out of your way to babysit her. And I don't think that is an accident, because Owlcat fucked up her stats. Even her story mission revolves around the same pattern. Amiri wants to fight the boar alone even though he can oneshot her and she can barely touch him, if you don't intervene she dies pretty much immeadeatly.
She nearly soloed the boar in my playtrough, the boar just got lucky and rolled natural 20 3x (or something like that the boar rolled quite well during whole fight, and she rolled quite bad during fight). She rolled mostly under 12. If she go one more natural 20 and one more proper roll, she'd solo the boar without healing.

Don't do boar on level 2, or 3. Boars are not wimps.

(Of course she can't tank even when her life depends on it.)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Valerie is the same only worse it seems. You can't even grease her up to get into spicy catfights. She is so comically bad as a fighter, that her best build is basically turning her into an inanimate object.
Ughhh then you are shit at building....she is the second best fighter after my rogue,also she is the last to fall down. I had many fights where she was the last standing tall and delivering the final strike!

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Valerie is the same only worse it seems. You can't even grease her up to get into spicy catfights. She is so comically bad as a fighter, that her best build is basically turning her into an inanimate object.
Ughhh then you are shit at building....she is the second best fighter after my rogue,also she is the last to fall down. I had many fights where she was the last standing tall and delivering the final strike!

That is what I meant. She is a great wall. Standing there with that blank look on her face. Not giving an inch, cause she is always encumbered anyways. Being mobbed by unwashed hordes that can't penetrate her AC. It is a beautiful thing.
:buildawall:

Kaivokz

Arcane
In a world where the main protagonist has a point buy of 25, he has a point buy of 32.
In a world where companion stats are all over the place, he has a statline that is optimised.
In a world where companions have crap feats and bad choices, he has everything optimised to within an inch of its life.
BUT! He doesn't have special powers because he is... black.

If I were making him I would have dropped points out of con for wisdom, and if I were min-maxing, dropped int/cha for another 4 points to bump up strength.

But Ekundayo is actually pretty cool. He’s basically Teal’c. Speaks with a sort of unemotional cadence, composed and controlled even when in pain, backstory intimately tied to wife and son. Don’t start arguing that SG1 was SJW propaganda...

How do I increase BP per week?!?!?!
I have 4 villages and can't build shit in them coz no enough BP.
Also I had a "kingdom destroyed" after my BP reached -50.
And yeah, I already sold everything and bought BP...
Probably should have developed your existing villages before adding more. I’ve been making around 30BP a turn from the start. My first town was basically all shops, smiths, taverns, a longhouse... things that boost economy. Trade deals also work out in your favor if you can get them going; the game goes few years so you don't have to worry about recouping your losses if you do it early. After specializing first town in economy, you can start focusing on getting secondary advisors. You get secondary advisors by increasing a starting stat (other than economy) to 60 and having a rank III advisor in the position. Don't bother increasing stats that you don't have advisors for at first. You get bonus BP for advisor levels, too, but only up to your economy advisor's rank (I think), so it pays to level him up, too. None of this is explained very well in the game. The system actually isn't that bad or tedious, you just aren't given enough information to make reasoned choices from the start, and like most 4X games, the starting state of your empire (where you put your first city, etc.) can drastically affect your ability to progress.

One other note: if you don't have anyone who is good at hunting, you're going to drastically increase your rest times. Any hunting time is added ON TOP OF the 8-9 hours of sleep. So if it takes 12 hours to hunt, you're going to rest for 20-21 hours. (Doesn't make much sense, but that seems to be how it works). Rations are actually good outside of dungeons for this reason. If you're careful and make the most out of every rest, you can knock out a lot of exploration in a pretty limited amount of time to maximize time spent building your kingdom. But yeah... if you don't care about the kingdom aspect, you can cheat for BP.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
You sound like 30 BP/week is a lot, while I am making 39 and I am always short.

Reinhardt

Arcane

That is what I meant. She is a great wall. Standing there with that blank look on her face. Not giving an inch, cause she is always encumbered anyways. Being mobbed by unwashed hordes that can't penetrate her AC. It is a beautiful thing.
:bunkertime:
fixed

Kaivokz

Arcane
I meant starting the game making 30BP/week, which gives you a foundation for further expansion and stops you from going negative/kingdom death.

panda

Savant
If you are making 30BP at start that means you are making 45?
Cause 30 is free subsidy, and 15 will be taken away.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

:buildawall:
She is also a constant damage dealer,pump her up to 25 str and give her all the weapon focusses and everything dies....eventually. She doesn't do as much damage as my dual rapier rogue,but it is a constant incline if you have "hammer the gap" and the +1d6 damage team bonus.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
48. And after he'd get to 60 he should start wondering if he should kick out his overlord from the country. 60 = 30 + n/2 60 - 30 = n / 2 n = 60

Shadenuat

Arcane
114 per week Chaotic Evil master race here

bandits, pirates, thieves, all bring me their share. better economy than Germany
hobbits brew beer in hobbit breweries (10% chance +3 BP/week or +1 BP/week ^ amount of breweries built)

just turned Pitax into hive of scum and villainy

yes I reached today my 1st playthrough with my 2d playthrough, and 1st is still bugged, guess CE murderprincess is the one to beat everyone in the race

the only bug I am now facing is that project that is supposed to turn 14 days upgrades into 7 ones DOEAS NOTWORKRNJFJFSHJQWFQW

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I agree. In fact I find it hard to believe that anyone thinks Amiri or Valerie are SJW pandering. I mean I haven't finished the game, so if the characters change dramatically or get some stupid twist in the backstory I'll eat my words, but from the moment they are introduced both of them seem to be only there to make fun of the stronk indepentend womyn trope.

You are mostly right (except when you appeal to her game capabilities) but it looks like all these talks overshadowing some simple fact - the very presence of women in combat as a warrioor already SJW agenda. You can say that it was always liek that, in BG and before - yes, it was SJw from the very beginning, only was called differently.
All tabletop games community always consisted of those who today are called as cuckold soyboys, but before it wasn't that radical, they were just respectful of woman before. Lol.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
To be fair, aren't those individual bug reports, rather than individual bugs? A lot of those are probably reports of the same bugs. That being said, they should've really delayed the launch by two months, to the late november, it was clearly released without the final polish.

Considering they are adding bugs in each patch, and are oblivious about them until they read about them on steam forums. I doubt 2 months would be enough. In fact, I'd assume that not releasing it would prevent them to remove really dangerous bugs, because even QA will not find them.

hell bovine

Arcane
Hmm, so it seems that giving Linzi one level of sorcerer with undead bloodline affects also her bardic spells (sleep was from her bard spellbook):

eu3ib7.jpg

Next on the agenda: giving Tristian a level in serpentine sorcerer.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Considering they are adding bugs in each patch, and are oblivious about them until they read about them on steam forums. I doubt 2 months would be enough. In fact, I'd assume that not releasing it would prevent them to remove really dangerous bugs, because even QA will not find them.

Perhaps, we'll see in about a month.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom