Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian and inXile acquired by Microsoft

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Called it. This episode is over.

2IsVhZZ.png

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Canada annexed by Microsoft will be incline!!!

I don't know... they'd probably make pot illegal again.

Stump that liberal shit out! Half the fun of pod is getting it smuggled to your mate's house ;).

As a non-smoker, all of the fun of pot is getting state tax proceeds from the sale of it. :D Fix muh damn roads, 'murica!
Now when you put it that way....you think microsoft will say no to money? Most likely will go full industrial production on it. :lol::lol::lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Depends on what you are looking for. The combat is good. The dialogue reactivity is impressive, even if the script itself is too wordy.

PoE/Deadfire writing:
As a child I was orphaned and never knew my parents. I was homeless on the streets, and had to live out my younger years in striking poverty. The only thing that saved me from starvation was doing menial tasks for local residents and barkeeps. It was unfortunate but I even had to resort to petty crime.

A game with actually good writing:
I was a kid. No parents, no home. Running messages and picking pockets to keep my ribs from meeting my spine.

Last edited:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

Pot is burning your braincells. Is bad for your health. Banning it would be a good thing. Not that junkies would stop acquiring it anyway. Some people never learn. I had a friend since 12 years old. We are 35 now and his brain is fried from pot. His teeth are beginning to rot too. LOL. So much money, health, lost to pot. For what?

I may sound like your parent, but if you are smoking it, stop.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Pot is burning your braincells. Is bad for your health. Banning it would be a good thing. Not that junkies would stop acquiring it anyway. Some people never learn. I had a friend since 12 years old. We are 35 now and his brain is fried from pot. His teeth are beginning to rot too. LOL. So much money, health, lost to pot. For what?

Again, as a non-smoker, I'm all for people smoking pot and states/countries taxing them for it. As you said, they're going to smoke it anyway... might as well regulate it and profit from it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Depends on what you are looking for. The combat is good. The dialogue reactivity is impressive, even if the script itself is too wordy.

PoE/Deadfire writing:
As a child I was orphaned and never knew my parents. I was homeless on the streets, and had to live out my younger years in striking poverty. The only thing that saved me from starvation was doing menial tasks for local residents and barkeeps. It was unfortunate but I even had to resort to petty crime.

A game with actually good writing:
I was a kid. No parents, no home. Running messages and picking pockets to keep my ribs from meeting my spine.
Go and play Spellforce 3,you will enjoy the writing a lot,as i do. I am even replaying,the writing is that great. It is one of the best i have seen in a decade. The story goes little meh near the end,but the dialogue is top of the line,far better than MCA's. I do hope to see the writer do more things.... even i know that good things don't happen twice:negative:.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Go and play Spellforce 3,you will enjoy the writing a lot,as i do. I am even replaying,the writing is that great. It is one of the best i have seen in a decade. The story goes little meh near the end,but the dialogue is top of the line,far better than MCA's. I do hope to see the writer do more things.... even i know that good things don't happen twice:negative:.

Same guy that wrote Nehrim and Enderal. Which are the only reasons to ever install Oblivion/Skyrim

pomenitul

Arbiter

Sounds like wholesome advice from a well-rounded indivi- oh, right.

Skyrim. Skyrim is my favourite game of all time. I will defend Skyrim to the death. I never was particularly fond of Bethesda, Daggerfall and Morrowind were meh for me, Oblivion sucked huge black cock, and Fallout 3 was a nice game i enjoyed being a fallout fan(and that being the best i could get). Skyrim is not a game for autists and spreadsheet lovers. It is an actionrpg that cuts most convoluted systems and just lets you play whatever shit you want to play. I never enjoyed an RPG's combat so much. Sword and board is fucking boring but playing a stealth, mage, or hybrid character, is FUCKING FUN!

I must have played it more than 1500 hours at this point. I have only completed the main campaign once. Because i didn't want to. Because i didn't fucking care. I just spend all that time making various character builds and enjoying my creations. That is the most fun part of Skyrim and it is unrivalled in that regard. Most games use strict classes and convoluted systems and stifle creativity. In Skyrim i re-created almost all DnD classes. I role played like a boss. Made every single archetype imaginable. Every single niche imagineable. I haven't been bored in 7 freaking years... It is a game i expect to keep playing for at least a decade more.

So yeah, fuck the haters. Skyrim is one of the best RPGs ever. Better than the Witcher 3, which is a storyfag game. A masterpiece storyfag game, but still a storyfag game. You can only play storyfags game for so long. Skyrim is infinitely replayable.

I rest my case.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just watched some footage, LP, and I'm not completely sold on it. Looks good, can't say anything about story, the mechanics seem "superficially RPG" with RPG elements slapped on top of an RTS with little care of how the two will work together. Probably results in lots of fake "choices" about builds and equipment.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just watched some footage, LP, and I'm not completely sold on it. Looks good, can't say anything about story, the mechanics seem "superficially RPG" with RPG elements slapped on top of an RTS with little care of how the two will work together. Probably results in lots of fake "choices" about builds and equipment.
The mechanics are ok,action rpg style. Just pump stats that make you hit harder or more hp. Still there are a few active skills here and there,you always feel at dilemma about what to pump up during the game. Mostly is which skill will be more useful now. It is not some deep rpg mechanics tho,but that could be said about all D&D like games. You have build and you know what feat you have to get and what stats you must pump up. The game shines at writing and exploration. The strategy element is passable and not too frequent. I would recommend trying it out,for certainty have one of the best writings in the past decade.

The Real Fanboy
soooo when Pillars 2 is on gamepass and exclusive to microsoft, what will happen to fig investors? Will Microsoft give them money for a share buyout

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
soooo when Pillars 2 is on gamepass and exclusive to microsoft, what will happen to fig investors? Will Microsoft give them money for a share buyout
Most likely they will buy out their shares at tad bit above default value. Most of the fig people will be happy to see return of their money. They could also decide to let it be and people still get a cut of the sales. Also i don't know if the fig agreement is connected to Obsidian or the shell company that holds the IPs.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Only a few days...: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/07/celebrate-x018-inside-xbox-fanfest-november-10/

Celebrate X018 with Inside Xbox at FanFest: Mexico City on November 10

InsideXboxKeyArt-hero.jpg

Inside Xbox: Live from X018 presents a special two-hour show Saturday, November 10 at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT on Mixer, Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.

We’ll be celebrating an incredible holiday season for gamers with our biggest episode of Inside Xbox yet, including news, interviews, great deals, and much more. Guests include Head of Xbox Phil Spencer, Head of Microsoft Studios Matt Booty, Minecraft Studio Head Helen Chiang and many, many more.

Tune in for games including Crackdown 3, Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 4 and of course, we’ll have a surprise or two as well.

Xbox Game Pass
Will we have Xbox Game Pass news? Do we ever! We’ll be making over a dozen game announcements for Xbox Game Pass.

MixPot!
Do you like free stuff as much as we like free stuff? If you watch this special X018 episode of Inside Xbox on Mixer and you’re logged into your Microsoft account, you’ll receive in-game items for Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4! Remember, to be eligible all you need to do is watch the show live at Mixer.com/Xbox on any Xbox, PC or mobile device while logged into your Microsoft account.

Of course, we’ve got a couple big surprises up our sleeves, so make sure you don’t miss a minute!

See you online!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom