Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Can I romance multiple chicks? Or what happens if I try?

hell bovine

Arcane
Beasts generally have high wisdom to represent strong senses and awareness. It gives them bonuses on perception and the like.
Yeah, but that was a boss wolf/worg/whatever. Even Tristian with his suboptimal wisdom has no problems landing hold person on the wererats in the hills. A human feyspeaker can start with 20 charisma and greater spell focus enchantment. Pick mastodon and set your human companion to spam daze, while the future lord of the lands tramples the opposition into the grounds.

Now the question is whether you can keep leveling up the animal companion with that boon feat (idk how it works), while the feyspeaker multiclasses into serpentine sorcerer/mystic theurge.
Or don't be and idiot and pick Leopard (for best balance between dps, tankiness and CC) or Smilodon (by far best dps in the game). Mastodon is only for small dick hipsters.
Leopard is bugged from what I've heard. My druid actually has a boar, because Ms. Piggy is on a quest to become supreme empress of the realms, but unfortunately specieism is very prevalent and so she needed a human pet as a front.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Beasts generally have high wisdom to represent strong senses and awareness. It gives them bonuses on perception and the like.
Yeah, but that was a boss wolf/worg/whatever. Even Tristian with his suboptimal wisdom has no problems landing hold person on the wererats in the hills. A human feyspeaker can start with 20 charisma and greater spell focus enchantment. Pick mastodon and set your human companion to spam daze, while the future lord of the lands tramples the opposition into the grounds.

Now the question is whether you can keep leveling up the animal companion with that boon feat (idk how it works), while the feyspeaker multiclasses into serpentine sorcerer/mystic theurge.
Or don't be and idiot and pick Leopard (for best balance between dps, tankiness and CC) or Smilodon (by far best dps in the game). Mastodon is only for small dick hipsters.
Leopard is bugged from what I've heard. My druid actually has a boar, because Ms. Piggy is on a quest to become supreme empress of the realms, but unfortunately specieism is very prevalent and so she needed a human pet as a front.
Bugged how? I got it in my solo run. He does not get pounce or Dex to damage (but his Dex is just one less than Strength) but he still owns. And tests people did showed leopard has best AC out of all the pets. And when you give him Cat's Grace you buff his AC and attack at same time.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
General question, somehow, despite the fact I hardly did anything so far with the kingdom, and didn't have the BP yet to annex the southern narlmarches or however they are called, the kingdom status shows "worried", i.e. the citizens are doubtful of my authority or whatever. Wtf?
Does that matter? How to unworry them?

Andnjord

Arcane
CA146263D1CCC6FE17E6A79AD730E560B3AEC613

King Iroverti...come out and plaaaay....

ArchAngel

Arcane
General question, somehow, despite the fact I hardly did anything so far with the kingdom, and didn't have the BP yet to annex the southern narlmarches or however they are called, the kingdom status shows "worried", i.e. the citizens are doubtful of my authority or whatever. Wtf?
You should be buying BP from the trader in your castle. Waiting for BP to come naturally is not a good idea.
As for why they went worried, probably you waited too long to solve a main quest.

I think you will eventually get a project that lets you spend lots of BP to unworry them.

Mortmal

Arcane
Kingdom management is a mess still , whatever you do, you people opinion will drop and you will have to fix it with an event or two when its criticallly low but only then . Eventually this could cause a game over.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Prob faster to reDL the entire updated game instead of patch by patch.
Nah,that is more fun. At least i am doing something between codex posts :)

I played up to the spiders cave and decided I like this game so much that I'll play it when it's completed.
The game is really good,i to am waiting for the full and final version. Even replaying Spellforce 3.

Shadenuat

Arcane
what about advisors? Which are the best ones for the different positions?
Best are those which suit your alignment because if you argue with them they leave position/Kingdom may even be worried.

Some characters are better at resolving cards than other characters, there are subtle hints about that sometimes.

You also want all of them wear +stat items or, if they're NPCs, train them with cards.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
All are the same more or less,you just have to keep the one you choose because they get upgraded. Also companions have better scores because they get level ups and the item buffs count. I don't know which stat goes for which position tho. Amiri is pretty good as a mil leader,i was surprised,you would think that it was written by different guy.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bet the source code of release PF:K could make grown programmers cry.
I also bet the source code of the patched version could make grown programmers jump from a bridge.

Reading it shall become the hot wings challenge of inclined coders.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I also bet the source code of the patched version could make grown programmers jump from a bridge.

I doubt a mess of a codebase ever got better after adding hotfixes :lol:

vonAchdorf

Arcane

That's probably true for all games. And Unity is a mess per default.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
All are the same more or less,you just have to keep the one you choose because they get upgraded. Also companions have better scores because they get level ups and the item buffs count. I don't know which stat goes for which position tho. Amiri is pretty good as a mil leader,i was surprised,you would think that it was written by different guy.
I believe the stats are
Regent - Charisma
General - Str
Warden - Con
Treasurer - Int
High Priest - Wis
Councillor - Wis
Grand Diplomat - Cha
Magister - Int
Curator - Cha
Spymaster - Dex
(In the PnP version there were always 2 potential stats for each position that you could choose from, like Regent was Int or Cha)

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I believe the stats are
Regent - Charisma
General - Str
Warden - Con
Treasurer - Int
High Priest - Wis
Councillor - Wis
Grand Diplomat - Cha
Magister - Int
Curator - Cha
Spymaster - Dex
(In the PnP version there were always 2 potential stats for each position that you could choose from, like Regent was Int or Cha)
I love how STR (or other physical stats) is taken into account. Imagine that in the real world, You take the biggest, strongest guy for your general... who also happens to be the dumbest but he has the highest STR, right? That would certainly end well.
In before anyone taking my post too serious, I don't mind this. It's not a simulation. I just find it funny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom