Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

hexer

I would like to mess around with game if I have a time later.
Like add unlevel or respecc button to ui and implement unleveling in some way.
This sounds like a nice challenge. Or add roll-based character generation instead of point buy.
Or fix bugs they won't :lol:
Thing is, if you'd release anything, I'm not sure how they would react.
Like cease and decease notifications? I think it's a possibiltiy (though I am not sure if they are as vigilante about source code as about stuff like characters, trademarks and etc).

I am pretty sure there were tools to inject your code into unity games without recompiling game's code itself/

If you decompile source code, it's only natural to import it as a project into Unity for ease of modding.
IIRC the game uses Unity 2018.1

PrettyDeadman

Btw, dnSpy is said (on game's discrod channel) to be a superior tool for decompiling/recompiling.

Looks like respect mod done is similar way via unity mod manager.
You can load respec dll into your game via unity mod manager. It probably works with UnityHookClass or smth which exists in unity engine as a way to load dll into the game. Very promising mod support.

Their community manager even showcased mods on his channel ->

Last edited by a moderator:

hell bovine

Arcane
Fighting the chapter 1 end battle as a druid: prays to nature for help in defeating your enemy, nature answers and sends a hailstorm of armageddon proportions, which means that everyone on the battlefield is now crawling like a very determined turtle (except for Valerie, who has achieved ice glacier velocity), and then suddenly the victory dialogue triggers...

Turns out that while your party was playing turtle tag, the heroic owlbear got to the stag lord and ate him.

Ah well, seems kind of fitting for a druid.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
unknown.png

Given how broken this game was on launch besides the initial chapters with bugfixes making the rest of the game playable, I wonder how the codex would react to a rpg with an episodic model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
And woman can beat man with a honed sword/weapon technique etc. Trained man will always beat trained woman and trained ork will always beat trained human so why bother with humans? All humans are women compared to trained ork/ogre.

There is no such thing like trained orc, they don't fight in formation, and have no discipline. Otherwise they will conquere everything.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
what about advisors? Which are the best ones for the different positions?
All are the same more or less,you just have to keep the one you choose because they get upgraded. Also companions have better scores because they get level ups and the item buffs count. I don't know which stat goes for which position tho. Amiri is pretty good as a mil leader,i was surprised,you would think that it was written by different guy.
I believe the stats are
Regent - Charisma
General - Str
Warden - Con
Treasurer - Int
High Priest - Wis
Councillor - Wis
Grand Diplomat - Cha
Magister - Int
Curator - Cha
Spymaster - Dex
(In the PnP version there were always 2 potential stats for each position that you could choose from, like Regent was Int or Cha)
I love how STR (or other physical stats) is taken into account. Imagine that in the real world, You take the biggest, strongest guy for your general... who also happens to be the dumbest but he has the highest STR, right? That would certainly end well.
In before anyone taking my post too serious, I don't mind this. It's not a simulation. I just find it funny.
It is funny, and your two party options for general are the two most Chaotic "let's kill shit" fuckheads, Amiri and Regongar :lol:
In the PnP campaign, the General could either be Str-based or Cha-based.
Yeah, the choices for general really threw me off, because it makes no fucking sense at all. Yes, they can both fight, but more importantly, they're both fucking retarded. They should be court assassins, personal blunt objects, not fucking generals. They show absolutely zero leadership skills.

Valerie or Harrim or fucking Tristian make more convincing generals.
Medieval general is da biggest and da strongest. For planning you have sneaky gits.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Fucking Soul Eaters, how do they work?!

Anyway to protect? Death ward does nothing.

Codex Year of the Donut
Elfs are basically dystrophies, they could do some weight-lifting and get muscules, gnomes - if not too short, like 1.3 meter or maybe 1.4 with strong physique - why not?
Human can beat Ork with a honed sword/weapon technique, better equipment and like tectical maneuvers, like wedge etc.
And woman can beat man with a honed sword/weapon technique etc. Trained man will always beat trained woman and trained ork will always beat trained human so why bother with humans? All humans are women compared to trained ork/ogre.
humans are smarter than orcs
men are smarter than women

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
All are the same more or less,you just have to keep the one you choose because they get upgraded. Also companions have better scores because they get level ups and the item buffs count. I don't know which stat goes for which position tho. Amiri is pretty good as a mil leader,i was surprised,you would think that it was written by different guy.
I believe the stats are
Regent - Charisma
General - Str
Warden - Con
Treasurer - Int
High Priest - Wis
Councillor - Wis
Grand Diplomat - Cha
Magister - Int
Curator - Cha
Spymaster - Dex
(In the PnP version there were always 2 potential stats for each position that you could choose from, like Regent was Int or Cha)
I love how STR (or other physical stats) is taken into account. Imagine that in the real world, You take the biggest, strongest guy for your general... who also happens to be the dumbest but he has the highest STR, right? That would certainly end well.
In before anyone taking my post too serious, I don't mind this. It's not a simulation. I just find it funny.
It is funny, and your two party options for general are the two most Chaotic "let's kill shit" fuckheads, Amiri and Regongar :lol:
Yeah, the choices for general really threw me off, because it makes no fucking sense at all. Yes, they can both fight, but more importantly, they're both fucking retarded. They should be court assassins, personal blunt objects, not fucking generals. They show absolutely zero leadership skills.

Yeah, I could see either of them having a solid grasp of tactics, especially Amiri, and being a competent sergeant or something, but not so much a general responsible for overall strategy.
Then again, Maegar Varn being a Treasurer doesn't make that much sense either - he would make more sense as a General.

Are they responsible for strategy, though? They are more like warlords whose 'soldiers' beat up thugs, collect taxes, and make scary faces if Irovetti's minions get too close to the borders. Both Amiri and Regongar are strong-willed, ruthless, and ferocious warriors that would easily lead some small to moderate warband like around 400 AD. While a barbarian warrior queen is on the more exotic side of things (still, not unprecedented), a psychotic butcher like regongar is almost an archetypal general circa the fall of western roman empire (and not the worst case--by far). Narratively, if we disregard the whole murderhobo slaughter-fest in which even Linzi and Tristian make thick red paste of hordes of bandits, they are the most fit to command whatever militia bumfuck backwoods like Stolen Lands could produce.
I agree,most of the real world generals weren't some 25 INT dudes. They were mainly strong guys with high constitution and normal intellect. Battle experience is a lot more important than fucking intellect. tactics are born trough long live experience. Do you think that The Scourge of God or Temujin had 25 int?! Those dudes were killing and raping people since the age of 8. Int is just another modern day bullshit born from games and popular culture.

Codex Year of the Donut
I believe the stats are
Regent - Charisma
General - Str
Warden - Con
Treasurer - Int
High Priest - Wis
Councillor - Wis
Grand Diplomat - Cha
Magister - Int
Curator - Cha
Spymaster - Dex
you can hover over one of the corners of their card and it tells you what stat it uses

Shadenuat

Arcane
I got my first ending

But I didn't like it, it felt like opening coffin in Bloodlines but the other way around, i.e. I cheated the main villain
by giving crown to Shyka and following her advice I ruined Lantern Dick's entertainment show and everyone laughed on him
I then got credits which seem to depend on your highest kingdom stats
Since I had X army I crushed many enemies with my army of mages
I had X in stability so I ended up with police state,
Since I had very high Arcane, my police state was protected by undead servants, and people absolutely loved it and praised my undead armies and workers and maids
And all the casual evil terrorizing neighbors stuff
Did not get any companion slides tho
I admit it is hard to continue into different ending because can't forgive bitch for killing linzi

Gonna replay everything because I want to actually fight final boss in JRPG True Ending TM

Oh, and if anyone doesn't run Wizard Evoker with Greater Shout during endgame, ggwp
Although I guess Heighten Stinking Cloud can work.

I also recommend 6-12 Free Actions, 6-12 Deathwards (so 2 divine casters in party), as well as about 10-20 Heal All Scrolls, and same amounts of Restoration scrolls just to be sure.
Massive amounts of Fire AoEs and Hellrays is also welcome against some mobs.

My endgame level was 16, so no 9th level spells. But that is with shorter endgame route.

It is ironic - whole game gave Evils more and funnier content, yet in the end you don't get the best stuff unless you go heroic path

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I believe the stats are
Regent - Charisma
General - Str
Warden - Con
Treasurer - Int
High Priest - Wis
Councillor - Wis
Grand Diplomat - Cha
Magister - Int
Curator - Cha
Spymaster - Dex

Yeah, I could see either of them having a solid grasp of tactics, especially Amiri, and being a competent sergeant or something, but not so much a general responsible for overall strategy.
Then again, Maegar Varn being a Treasurer doesn't make that much sense either - he would make more sense as a General.

Are they responsible for strategy, though? They are more like warlords whose 'soldiers' beat up thugs, collect taxes, and make scary faces if Irovetti's minions get too close to the borders. Both Amiri and Regongar are strong-willed, ruthless, and ferocious warriors that would easily lead some small to moderate warband like around 400 AD. While a barbarian warrior queen is on the more exotic side of things (still, not unprecedented), a psychotic butcher like regongar is almost an archetypal general circa the fall of western roman empire (and not the worst case--by far). Narratively, if we disregard the whole murderhobo slaughter-fest in which even Linzi and Tristian make thick red paste of hordes of bandits, they are the most fit to command whatever militia bumfuck backwoods like Stolen Lands could produce.
I agree,most of the real world generals weren't some 25 INT dudes. They were mainly strong guys with high constitution and normal intellect. Battle experience is a lot more important than fucking intellect. tactics are born trough long live experience. Do you think that The Scourge of God or Temujin had 25 int?! Those dudes were killing and raping people since the age of 8. Int is just another modern day bullshit born from games and popular culture.
I think Attilla and Genghis probably had sky-high Cha, though (especially Genghis - there is a reason the Khans fell apart after he died). On the other hand, you only have so many party members with good Charisma scores, and Regongar is the only one with a "warlord" personality. Amiri's Cha is only average but she does have the personality for it.
It also makes sense that Kassil is a more civilized option, because he's an extension of Brevoy, like a Roman general sent to a backwater posting to civilize the region.

bataille

Arcane
I believe the stats are
Regent - Charisma
General - Str
Warden - Con
Treasurer - Int
High Priest - Wis
Councillor - Wis
Grand Diplomat - Cha
Magister - Int
Curator - Cha
Spymaster - Dex

Yep, a strong will and Aristotle as your mentor, and viola, you have the want and competence to conquer the world. It's (mostly) strength of character plus culture (theory of warfare is not homological algebra) It's decisiveness that matters the most since even a person of mediocre intelligence can learn strategical warfare; no one, however, can become as steel as Zhukov overnight--no matter their diligence.

Elfs are basically dystrophies, they could do some weight-lifting and get muscules, gnomes - if not too short, like 1.3 meter or maybe 1.4 with strong physique - why not?
Human can beat Ork with a honed sword/weapon technique, better equipment and like tectical maneuvers, like wedge etc.
humans are smarter than orcs
men are smarter than women

Cooties automatically lower int score by 30

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am not sure they thought that switch to Unfair and you do 80% less damage and can't use any spells if you want best ending thing through

thanks god for bugs.

while you can't cast spells from main spell menu, they are still on the hotbar and actually usable. hope I will finish this before they make another hotfix

Incendax

Augur
No such bonus exists in Pathfinder. When you polymorph, you get a size bonus, not a 'polymorph' bonus. This shit is fucking broken.
I get both. For example, if I transform into a big honking dragon I get both a size bonus (since the shape is a different size)and a polymorph bonus (since the shape gives me bonuses to my stats).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom