Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Grimoire - The Real Official Review

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Dorateen based reviewer

wut Kodex, turning into a respectable low-edge magazine?

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I want Cleve to review Grimoire
Grimoire dev thinks his own game is the “greatest roleplaying game of them all”

PCGamesN said:
"After more than 20 years of development, the greatest roleplaying game of them all is finally ready for release!” writes developer Cleveland Mark Blakemore, on Grimoire’s Steam page

PCGamesN said:
I’ll leave you with Blakemore’s latest comments on his own game:

“As the author, I know what people have not discovered yet. They are on the tip of an iceberg and Grimoire runs into deep, deep waters. The density they see now is only a fraction of what they are going to find as they push further into the game. A play of only a few hours will not even break the surface. The familiar area of the original demo, the Avian Mountains, is now only a single drop of rain in a cyclone compared to how much they will discover when they leave this area. Rather than tell people of the Dirge … or of Waterport … or of Bahomet Megalith … or of the Necropolix … or of Black Pierre … or of the Raven Wildes … or a hundred other areas … or of the vast story that awaits them … would only spoil the fun. I prefer to let word of mouth do that for me, the best kind of promotion of them all.”

Last edited:

Dorateen

Arcane
putting your tick?
When al you have is a putter, everything looks like a golf ball, I guess.

Minigolf Mallet of Doom

t90tIx4.jpg

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Dorateen said:
Yet even these do not detract from the overarching classical agency of the game, setting the player loose in the world with little direction, until they search around following their own instinct and volition, for the threads from which the tapestry of Grimoire is weaved.

Bravo.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Excellent,and very informative review:salute: Took quite some notes which hopefully will help my 27th next party.

Infinitron , can you hook Dorateen up with a summer internship at Golden Era next year? That way we can finally get the manual written, jeez

Bohr

Arcane
But will PC Gamer re-review when v2 comes out or is Andy still too scarred from his last clash with Cleve?
mystery.png

OquBBI6N_o.png

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, it has one more player than it did yesterday, that has to be good.

That was me, I was just checking the turn rates to see what mondblut complained about.

No one is playing, we are waiting for V2 then you can post some numbers.

According to the "wishlist drive for V2 Grimoire sale price!!" at least 36,743 are interested...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom