Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

sullynathan

Arcane
PowerTorment Just to clarify, Hitman 2 has all the content of Hitman. This means in the future, it would be better to just get Hitman 2?

Jinn

Arcane
Shot in the dark here, but has anyone tried playing Hitman: Contracts on Windows 10? I've tried different comparability modes and graphics settings, but I still get weird physics, occasion items suspended in mid-air, and no death animation when I die - it just freezes my character model and I have to reload from there. Any help would be much appreciated!

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Shot in the dark here, but has anyone tried playing Hitman: Contracts on Windows 10? I've tried different comparability modes and graphics settings, but I still get weird physics, occasion items suspended in mid-air, and no death animation when I die - it just freezes my character model and I have to reload from there. Any help would be much appreciated!
Weird, I never had any issues of the sort when I played it on my Win10 system. What's your HW config? Also, are you using the Steam version or not?
Consider trying this: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Hitman:_Contracts#Game_crashes.2C_hangs.2C_or_lags
You might also want to try capping the FPS to 60 in your drivers.

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
PowerTorment Just to clarify, Hitman 2 has all the content of Hitman. This means in the future, it would be better to just get Hitman 2?

If you buy Hitman 2 you get only the new levels. If you buy the legacy DLC pack you get the old levels in remastered format. If you already own Season 1 (GOTY not required) then you get the legacy DLC pack for free. If you own Season 1 but not Hitman 2 you can still play the legacy pack.

And to answer a few other questions in this thread. Multiplayer took time but not a lot in the big scheme of things.

The game is done. Just a few final bug fixes to make for the 0-day patch. Besides that most of us is already working on the announced expansion packs. Personally, I am currently working on a tool to streamline the manual steps involved in creation of new content modules like Elusive targets, Escalation contracts and more.

Last edited:

Niklasgunner

Savant
I really like the idea of a randomized multiplayer mode. Without a full mission editor the contract targets in Hitman 2016 felt really shallow. Adding a time restrained and competitive mode should keep things engaging and make good use of the large maps.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The Briefcase:

Due to popular demand, the fan-favourite briefcase will make a triumphant return in HITMAN™ 2, allowing Agent 47 to conceal a wide range of items beyond a sniper rifle. The new and improved briefcase can now be utilised to render opposition unconscious through blunt force, distract potential eyewitnesses and through clever manipulation, it can be used to have oblivious adversaries import highly volatile or sensitive items into otherwise guarded areas.

And Sean Bean:

TB799lp.jpg

MoXuxPE.jpg

Bean will take on the role of Mark Faba, a former MI5 agent turned freelance assassin who is notoriously known as “The Undying” due his reputation as a master of faking his own death. The first Elusive Target mission, entitled The Undying, is scheduled to release on 20th November, one week after HITMAN™ 2 launches on 13th November, and will run for a limited time.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Briefcase back? YES!!

And anyone on the fence about Hitman 2016, do yourself a favor and buy it. Having played quite a bit now I can say its truly a great game. It shows how much potential there is in sandbox/open world design that is completely ignored by most AAA companies stuck in the Ubisoft/Bethesda design mode.

I have spent 20+ hours mostly in the first mission: Paris. There is so much to do in the mission, and the alternate start locations mean you can quickly and efficiently try different strategies. Spending many hours refining and strategizing different and more optimal assassinations that finally leads up to a silent assassin, suit only finish, that takes maybe 10 minutes to complete, feels amazing.

Its a damn shame the game has been saddled with all the online, episodic, drm stuff as it certainly made me avoid even looking at it till now.

I can actually see the value in the episode structure. If you buy the full game and then rush through each mission, which is not hard as simply hitting the targets and escaping is incredibly simple then you could complete the game and wonder what you spent your money on. The real game is learning every inch of the levels and completing the various assassinations, some being very complex or time consuming to do properly. Releasing episodes does encourage this, but as its so hated by the community in general I can see why they would not do it anymore.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Where's the briefcase animation? These fuckers just don't get it.
Either WIP or only applies to certain items. You don't really need a complex animation for taking a knife or crowbar or some other minor item out of it, they'll probably have an animation for snipers though.

Tancred

Learned
My interest in nu-Hitman has been slowly dying since Absolution. I don't want elusive targets or gimmick mode multiplayer, mandatory always-online is just shit no matter how you slice it and then on top of it all, Denuvo. Again.

I guess I'll just replay the old games.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
What I'm getting from these trailers is that they want the youtube/streamer audience. All of them focusing on EPIC and LULZY stuff. Sadly this is probably going to become the norm from now on (vidya in general)

Child of Malkav

Erudite
My interest in nu-Hitman has been slowly dying since Absolution. I don't want elusive targets or gimmick mode multiplayer, mandatory always-online is just shit no matter how you slice it and then on top of it all, Denuvo. Again.

I guess I'll just replay the old games.
What pisses me off even more is that in Hitman 2016 it had those challenges you could complete but the thing is, if you checked them out, they revealed the many ways you could eliminate a target when in the past titles, figuring out those ways was kinda the whole point.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
"figuring out those ways" in the old games was never much of a challenge either because point of interest markers were on the map and highlighted it just as easy as the challenges do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom