Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Jinn

Arcane
Just going to point out that I was not the first person to use the term eurojank in this thread, nor was my topical adoption of the vernacular meant to offend our clearly now triggered European brothers.

I enjoy the beloved Gothics in question as the obvious technically flawed gems that they are, and yes, they are often referred to as eurojank, and yes they are entirely superior to the both technical and gameplay-wise messes you often find produced in North America. That is all.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Kotan [developer] 18 hours ago
notification_icon_flag_light.png

"С ПАТЧЕМ ЧЁ?"

Пилится патч. В процессе. Делаем. Клепаем. Кодим. Проверяем. Еще раз кодим. Тестим. Опять кодим.

Чтобы вы понимали, почему это занимает столько времени: в условиях огромного количества контента в игре всегда есть риск, что какое-то исправление войдет в конфликт с чем-то еще. Дабы избежать проблем, который были с первым патчем, мы тщательно тестируем игру, а там, как вы помните, много часов на прохождение. Такие дела.
google translate
Sawed patch. In the process. We do. We rivet. Code We are checking. Once again code. Test Again code.

So that you understand why it takes so much time: in the conditions of a huge amount of content in the game, there is always a risk that some kind of correction will conflict with something else. In order to avoid the problems that were with the first patch, we thoroughly test the game, and there, as you remember, there are many hours of play. So it goes.

owlcat games BTFO

Yeah. Those guys have released 12 big patches (more or less) while Mono Studio has released 2 patches (where the last one broke the game).

This is how you do it. Indeed.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
For me eurojank is high concept, low execution. Games where the game world is interesting to explore, and promises a good experience, only to be let down, by varying degrees, by the execution of some of the game systems, usually combat.
Totally Insomnia's case.

Codex Year of the Donut
For me eurojank is high concept, low execution. Games where the game world is interesting to explore, and promises a good experience, only to be let down, by varying degrees, by the execution of some of the game systems, usually combat.
Eurojank is like tasting fine wine.

Last edited:

kain30

Cipher
I have a gamebreaking bug just at the endgame of pathfinder:kingmaker where I can´t continue because they forgot to put an exit on a location. I´m thinking about starting insomia while I wait for a hotfix so I can finish P:K, How much hours of gameplay do I have until i Reach a gamebreaking bug on Insomnia?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I have a gamebreaking bug just at the endgame of pathfinder:kingmaker where I can´t continue because they forgot to put an exit on a location. I´m thinking about starting insomia while I wait for a hotfix so I can finish P:K, How much hours of gameplay do I have until i Reach a gamebreaking bug on Insomnia?

Something like 20 hours (depends on your play style) but my advice is to wait for the patch.

Not because I have something with the game, in fact it's very good, but you will be very pissed off when you will end up with two broken games.

On the other hand, the patch should be tomorrow. Idk.

kain30

Cipher

Something like 20 hours (depends on your play style) but my advice is to wait for the patch.

Not because I have something with the game, in fact it's very good, but you will be very pissed off when you will end up with two broken games.

On the other hand, the patch should be tomorrow. Idk.

Thank you for the advice. Let see if the patch for insomnia is out tomorrow :)

Jinn

Arcane
Thank you for the advice. Let see if the patch for insomnia is out tomorrow :)

I will be very surprised if the patch comes out tomorrow. They've been doing the thing where they say "we'll have news about the patch this week" again this week. In before news post about plans of merging patch #5 with patches #3 and #4!

Also, these fucking guys still haven't changed the version number on the title screen from V1.0.

In other words, I'd try to find something else to play if you have a good amount of downtime between today and tomorrow. Don't count on these disappointments to deliver anything in a timely fashion or even communicate clearly when it might be that any progress will be made.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
convinced the developer is scamming people,
:whatho:
How the fuck he can scam people? The game is out and playable,even if it have bugs and problems. Far better than most piles of shit that are on steam this days. How stupid a guy have to be to think that it is a scam?!

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
1.5 GB PATCH!
false alarm... seems they added the deluxe edition dlc to people who owned the base game prior to the established date instead of the weird shit they were doing before.. Still, I will take this as an act of good faith on their behalf, there is only incline from here. next update will be THE PATCH!
:bounce:

Heretic

Cipher
"Scheduled" is just scheduled by your Steam client. Click on the icon on the right, under "Scheduled for...", it will start downloading immediately.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Honestly, this game has enormous potential but the developers are doing wrong every single move. I never seen a dlc with an "expiry date", and certain behaviors must be sanctioned from the beginning, regardless of the value of the items.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly, this game has enormous potential but the developers are doing wrong every single move. I never seen a dlc with an "expiry date", and certain behaviors must be sanctioned from the beginning, regardless of the value of the items.

except they fixed it and added the deluxe DLC to people's accounts that were eligible, so I don't know what the use is of complaining about it still. they fucked up. they acknowledged it. they fixed it. what more do you want in regards to the deluxe content?

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
except they fixed it and added the deluxe DLC to people's accounts that were eligible, so I don't know what the use is of complaining about it still. they fucked up. they acknowledged it. they fixed it. what more do you want in regards to the deluxe content?
They fixed it because a lot of people complained with negative reviews against this arbitrary decision. Otherwise they probably wouldn't have done anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom