Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

vazha

Arcane
unlike the 41 AC at lvl 3.
Again. You don't need to do it on lvl 3. He's not even present until YOU summon him.

Again. You don't need to play the game. It's not even present until you click on the icon.
I got it. Instead of wisp this encounter should summon 3 kobolds so player can kill them quick and at any level.

Nah, the wisp gimmick is good, but why give it higher AC than the Ch2 wisps? It just invites cheese.
Because he's named wisp.

He has more AC than a named Ch2 wisp, Duke D__, while giving less XP and loot.
He's an easter-eggy kind of a foe, get over it.

Parabalus

Arcane
Again. You don't need to do it on lvl 3. He's not even present until YOU summon him.

Again. You don't need to play the game. It's not even present until you click on the icon.
I got it. Instead of wisp this encounter should summon 3 kobolds so player can kill them quick and at any level.

Nah, the wisp gimmick is good, but why give it higher AC than the Ch2 wisps? It just invites cheese.
Because he's named wisp.

I got over his dead body, but ppl defending 41 AC at lvl 2/3 is mind boggling. If they wanted an easter egg put a proper demilich or sth.

vazha

Arcane

Because he's named wisp.

I got over his dead body, but ppl defending 41 AC at lvl 2/3 is mind boggling. If they wanted an easter egg put a proper demilich or sth.
It' russian trolling. Putting in a demilich makes you instantly aware that you screwed up. This floaty dude, on the other hand - it's tempting to think you can persevere and vanquish it, just one more attempt... until you look at his stats and realize you've been had by Russians. To bring up a geopolitical analogy, it's much like their efforts in peacekeeping.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually EVERY encounter in the game should be 3 kobolds.

Disagree. It should be prostitute, so the played caould fuck her.
Actually 3 prostitute for every encounter, for big time orgy.

Parabalus

Arcane

Because he's named wisp.

It' russian trolling. Putting in a demilich makes you instantly aware that you screwed up. This floaty dude, on the other hand - it's tempting to think you can persevere and vanquish it, just one more attempt... until you look at his stats and realize you've been had by Russians. To bring up a geopolitical analogy, it's much like their efforts in peacekeeping.

But he's easy to kill, he barely pierces DR10 from Resist Energy, it just takes a while because of his AC (and MM immunity, that's the hardcore troll part)

hell bovine

Arcane

Or you could use that wand of true strike that is somewhere on that map (caves area, I think). Gave it to Reg and he had no problems hitting the floaty skull.

Actually EVERY encounter in the game should be 3 kobolds.

Disagree. It should be prostitute, so the played caould fuck her.
Actually 3 prostitute for every encounter, for big time orgy.
Roll fortitude if you caught the clap. Rolling a 1 means you caught syphilis instead.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So has anyone figured out what the statures of Moon and Sun in Dwarven fortress do?
I changed symbols to what the room with both statues show and I didn't notice that anything happened.

vazha

Arcane
So has anyone figured out what the statures of Moon and Sun in Dwarven fortress do?
I changed symbols to what the room with both statues show and I didn't notice that anything happened.
Not much besides giving one of the best early heavy armors, I believe :shittydog:

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am pretty sure there's something wrong here

BqD7Gcx.jpg

Deleted Member 16721

Go back to the room with the symbols down below and a box should be there now. Very nice reward. :)

RegionalHobo

Scholar
Couple of things that BG 2 still has over this for me, mostly story-related ones:
1. Companions - While PF's companions are probably the best we've seen in a rpg for a while now (esp compared to PoE), BG (and Minsc!) still edges it.
2. Whammy-ness - BG was deliciously funny, whammy and self-depreciating at times. No such feel in PF. UPD: Except for Jubilost.
3. A better written story - It's not to say that BG's story is superior, it's simply better written. Better writers.
4. Item description stories - Once again, they might have opted for not doing it after they saw PoE loredumps on every rusty dagger, but BG 2 item stories were fun to read and I still remember some of them.
5. No iconic, larger-than-life characters - Irovetii could have become one but he's not explored in that way. A shame. PF would make good use of its own John Irenicus.
6. More reactivity to details - the game recognizes i'm an aasimar and npc's tell me of it, but being a paladin of Shelyn I'd expect some extra flavour from Valerie dialogues. No such luck.

On the other hand, being the barbarian-type and a mage-hater, I rather enjoy the fact mages arent as powerful as in BG 2 and melee dudes do actually stand a chance. Y

i agree with two, four and five to some degree, thou i like the villains, they lack exposition.

i don t think bg had that much reactivity thou. plot-wise and companion wise i like the pathfinder ones better.

that said for me, talking about the classics, arcanum had the best setting, planescape had the best plot, toEE had the best combat and BG had a real good mix of decent everything ( not the best at anything but not having the '' plot '' of toee, the combat of arcanum and planescape ). I really love pathfinder combat and as i've said i think the plot is a bit better.

that said, even if we disagree, that we can compare a modern crpg to the golden era is such a beautiful thing. for me obsidian and inxile modern titles never captured the magic. ofc there's aod, underrail, ELEX, insomnia, and some other promising indies, but those are all another type of pleasure.

Canus

Savant
So is there a good way to raise Espionage? I've got everything else at at least 200, with most over 300 and economy at nearly 500, but that one is just lagging. It's also the only stat in which the rank up hasn't bugged out.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Chapter 4 is long as fuck and I'm kind of burned out on trash encounters. Also no GreatSword in sight.

vazha

Arcane
In other world (bloom chapter) - how do I know when to unequip that thrice damned lantern and when to equip it back? God, this is a chore. Why did they have to do this? Things were going so well, killed about hundred spidah's and now this nonsense.

Canus

Savant
In other world (bloom chapter) - how do I know when to unequip that thrice damned lantern and when to equip it back? God, this is a chore. Why did they have to do this? Things were going so well, killed about hundred spidah's and now this nonsense.

Other than the special area transition you just jump between two similiar, but not identical areas, when you walk through the fog without the lantern equiped. Explore both, then go to the NW, unequip the lantern and go through the fog to find the flower.

Yosharian

Arcane
Wow, bard thundercaller turns out to be super powerful. They trade inspire competence (eh) for a 10-foot sound blast that STUNS enemies. With lingering performance, you can inspire courage and then spend two rounds blasting and stunning everyone. That's on top of the usual arcane spellcasting. It just werks.

The tooltip lies, however: it's not a fortitude but reflex save to avoid the stun. Still, a lot of chances to deny enemies a lot of things: dex AC, flat 2 AC, THE ABILITY TO TAKE ACTION (!), and some CMD. Wew! I haven't gotten to the point of getting storm call, but if it works with inspire courage, it's just a cherry on top of a very strong class!
Wait, using the Thunder Call ability while Inspire Courage is Lingering is supposed to stop the Lingering effect, are you saying it doesn't?

A thundercaller gains the following types of bardic performance.

Thunder Call (Su): At 3rd level, the thundercaller can use her performance to unleash a deafening peal of thunder. This allows the thundercaller to spend a round of performance to create an effect similar to the spell sound burst (having the same range and area and allowing the same saving throw). At 7th level, the sonic damage that is dealt by this blast of sound increases to 3d8. This damage further increases to 5d8 at 11th level, 7d8 at 15th level, and 9d8 at 19th level.

This performance replaces inspire competence.

Lingering Performance:

If you begin a new bardic performance during this time, the effects of the previous performance immediately cease.

Also if it is provoking a Reflex save this is a bug and it will be changed to Fortitude. It will be changed, right Owlcat??

Anyway, this is kind of hilarious considering that Thundercaller is already an incredibly powerful archetype, it definitely didn't need any extra help like this.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane

Other than the special area transition you just jump between two similiar, but not identical areas, when you walk through the fog without the lantern equiped. Explore both, then go to the NW, unequip the lantern and go through the fog to find the flower.
keep getting lost every fucking time. Who the hell thought this would be fun?

bataille

Arcane
Wow, bard thundercaller turns out to be super powerful. They trade inspire competence (eh) for a 10-foot sound blast that STUNS enemies. With lingering performance, you can inspire courage and then spend two rounds blasting and stunning everyone. That's on top of the usual arcane spellcasting. It just werks.

The tooltip lies, however: it's not a fortitude but reflex save to avoid the stun. Still, a lot of chances to deny enemies a lot of things: dex AC, flat 2 AC, THE ABILITY TO TAKE ACTION (!), and some CMD. Wew! I haven't gotten to the point of getting storm call, but if it works with inspire courage, it's just a cherry on top of a very strong class!
Wait, using the Thunder Call ability while Inspire Courage is Lingering is supposed to stop the Lingering effect, are you saying it doesn't?

A thundercaller gains the following types of bardic performance.

Thunder Call (Su): At 3rd level, the thundercaller can use her performance to unleash a deafening peal of thunder. This allows the thundercaller to spend a round of performance to create an effect similar to the spell sound burst (having the same range and area and allowing the same saving throw). At 7th level, the sonic damage that is dealt by this blast of sound increases to 3d8. This damage further increases to 5d8 at 11th level, 7d8 at 15th level, and 9d8 at 19th level.

This performance replaces inspire competence.

Lingering Performance:

If you begin a new bardic performance during this time, the effects of the previous performance immediately cease.

Also if it is provoking a Reflex save this is a bug and it will be changed to Fortitude. It will be changed, right Owlcat??

Anyway, this is kind of hilarious considering that Thundercaller is already an incredibly powerful archetype, it definitely didn't need any extra help like this.

It does persist even after you have cast thunder call, yes. I didn't know it shouldn't. I guess Owlcats are rebels like that.

Probably unintended behaviour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom