Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
THAT was fast. Fourth, i think, event ever in my new kingdom and...
2cr0rjm.jpg

That's why jews merchants should not be allowed in Jerusalem.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Finished it! Woooo About 105 hours in total for me. Had a few minor visual defects in the final chapter, but other than that it seemed to work fine now.

Yeah didn't have Tsanna but had Bartholomew. I found all the allies made little difference, other than
Nyrissa
who was in the final battle.
What character levels have you reached at the end?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
(...)
Vladim- LG(ood) Male Human Paladin of Iomedae: Russian accent, looks like Dobrynya Nikitich, great companion and advisor, but... better be Always Lawful Good or else!

Wolfram- LE(vil) Male Human Fighter: American accent, scarred veteran mercenary, village burner in chief, hates Linzi and demands you execute her for theft
(...)
I see what you did here... :smug:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Linzi finally got her pet to ride look how happy she is

7nRUbPl.jpg

Creation of best waifu for Nok Nok continues, she already has a dowry which is this mammoth right here

Also being Barbarian gives +10 feet move which cancels -10 for hafling so now she runs really fast

Great

So,

is there a mod to cancel the fucking elephant stomping sound because it already turns me insane

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Someone was saying on here that you can change companion alignments through their quests, but
I just finished Trial of the Gods and got the "good" ending by passing all the diplomacy checks, Valerie got her +2 Str and +2 Cha, but she's still LN.
Was I hoodwinked, or is there another way to do it?

Is there a way to cheat with the kingdom events... basically when you enter a spiral of "Crumbling" it's so hard to come out. Also I am totally uninterested with it.

I am stuck with a DC20 problem, and my warden is 20+1 lol...
Give your Warden your best +Con item.

Linzi finally got her pet to ride look how happy she is

7nRUbPl.jpg

Creation of best waifu for Nok Nok continues, she already has a dowry which is this mammoth right here

Also being Barbarian gives +10 feet move which cancels -10 for hafling so now she runs really fast

Great

So,

is there a mod to cancel the fucking elephant stomping sound because it already turns me insane
There is in fact such a mod on the Nexus.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I hope this merchant from bugged event is not the one from Jaethal quest and i don't have to start from the beginning.

panda

Savant
Companions can be hit and miss in this game, IDK how they missed MCA's #1 rule that he always repeats: make all companions useful mechanically. Game also lacks pure mages, a noble Paladin advisor archetype and a ruthless henchman archetype. Instead we got Octavia, CG wizard/rogue
Way to contradict yourself. Octavia got rogue lvl exactly to be useful - not everyone will end up with Linzi in the starting party, but you need character for traps/locks.
Also, Jaethal is not ruthless enough for you? :roll:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Sexy shoeless goddess of war

lG8KSE9.jpg

Also that Hide Armor +2 suits her well as well as fur cloak

paladins are p. pkay in Pathfinder

cWlEtQO.jpg

I even forgot to cast Challenge Evil (+2 sacred) and if we remove 2 weapon fighting and add +4 charisma from spell we'd go +24 on level 5.

Although maybe you want to spend +1 Divine Bond for Keen or Flaming on weapon.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
No, killing it without Cold Iron is being creative.

But you of course need hints and advice to kill any encounter you can't lolrush.

How about just having a total solution to the game at ready, eh?

hell bovine

Arcane
[
The companion list in this game is good overall but lacks that little something to be unforgettable. But hopefully in the next game they will fix all the little issues and that will be a true masterpiece.
Because an all human cookie cutter camp is unforgettable. Also, that necromancer is a second-hand Xzar, but without Monty. :decline:

Parabalus

Arcane

But you of course need hints and advice to kill any encounter you can't lolrush.

It went near death to lolrush.

Do tell me which in-game book tells you they are vulnerable only to cold iron, nothing in the bestiary, e.g. trolls have a fire/acid mention.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

Do tell me which in-game book tells you they are vulnerable only to cold iron, nothing in the bestiary, e.g. trolls have a fire/acid mention.
There is actually an in-game book that describes a few monsters, the Linnorm included. I'm not sure where I found it but you can buy it from Tessie the Quill.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's "Guide to Travelers:", yes.

You find first part somewhere in prologue, so people who say wisps don't shoot lightning would know that wisps shoot lightning.

There is even a book in game that tells you the location, or at least mentions, a local
CR17 dragon

but as I said, you can do without Cold Iron.

That's the thing about difficulty and fun tho

One person finds enemy they can't kill, and they continues to return to the fight and try and find a way to win.
Another goes "lol thats retarded" reads solution and then proclaims encounters "piss easy".

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Give your Warden your best +Con item.

I know your intetions are good but I am 80 hours in... my warden is Kessen and my kingdom is pure shit , because:
1 - I didn't know at start how to manage it.
2 - I simply neglected it.

So im stuck with disaster after disaster.... and I don't want to restart.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
Because an all human cookie cutter camp is unforgettable. Also, that necromancer is a second-hand Xzar, but without Monty. :decline:

I'm sorry, if you really hate playing as human then maybe this is the RPG for you.

But seriously, it's a common design mistake to avoid tropes for no good reason. Tropes are tropes because they resonate. IMO, in a game like Kingmaker, trope subversion or avoidance should be used sparingly, and the focus should be play within the tropes and executing them very well. Otherwise you may get something like PoE, a game that fails in part because it, ironically considering what it was pitched as, lacks any organic connection with famous fantasy tropes. For me it's rather more enjoyable to see my human Paladin slaying evil and a necromancer summon a horde of undead, than to see some weird races like half orcs with weird unknown classes like inquisitor and magus.

BG2 also only had 1 of each nonhuman race, except no halforcs even. Do you think it would have been better if Keldorn was a female halforc, Edwin was a halfling, and Minsc was a dwarf?

Parabalus

Arcane

There is actually an in-game book that describes a few monsters, the Linnorm included. I'm not sure where I found it but you can buy it from Tessie the Quill.

She didn't spawn yet for me, google tells me it's further along Ch2 than I am. Will look it up, thanks.

It's "Guide to Travelers:", yes.

You find first part somewhere in prologue, so people who say wisps don't shoot lightning would know that wisps shoot lightning.

There is even a book in game that tells you the location, or at least mentions, a local
CR17 dragon

but as I said, you can do without Cold Iron.

You mean stuff like level drain or attribute drain? That was my first idea, but don't have anything for it.

What's the name of the dragon book?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom