Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

razvedchiki

Erudite
A thanks,i should increase str because i found a room with loot but cant open it-it says i need a little more effort.

razvedchiki

Erudite
I dont have the raiders base in my map, atribal got me there and then i left for hawthorn base.i told the raiders that they can loot the base and they left.
The exit grid from the tribals to the raiders base is at the plantation?

Black Angel

Arcane
I dont have the raiders base in my map, atribal got me there and then i left for hawthorn base.i told the raiders that they can loot the base and they left.
The exit grid from the tribals to the raiders base is at the plantation?
I remembered there should be a transition grid north/northeast of tribal camp, but now I'm not sure. Have you tried entering the raider base by going into an exit grid from anywhere in Lovelock, then go straight into the raider base from there? I remembered being able to enter raider base by myself after getting a pointer from the tribal. If you still don't have it, maybe you need sufficient Outdoorsman? I remembered Outdoorsman playing a huge role in this.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Ok last question,where do i get the poison for the raider well?i checked reno and one gang has a chemistry dude making stuf for them,problem is i cant work for them.

Modron

Arcane
Ok last question,where do i get the poison for the raider well?i checked reno and one gang has a chemistry dude making stuf for them,problem is i cant work for them.
Survival/Medicine IIRC, use one of those campfires you would cook things at to manufacture it. Need a decent amount of berries hope you hit every bush you've seen and bought doctor's supplies otherwise you are going to need to kill some time for the bushes to regrow/shops to restock.

razvedchiki

Erudite
I tagged science,repair and speech.
I will restart and probably tag lockpick,science repair and dump charisma and luck instead of endurance.
What are the best traits? Im thinking of small frame and fast shot.

Black Angel

Arcane
I tagged science,repair and speech.
I will restart and probably tag lockpick,science repair and dump charisma and luck instead of endurance.
What are the best traits? Im thinking of small frame and fast shot.
Wait, why'd you want to dump CHA and LCK? END has almost always been useless because of how crits can take you out in one hit every time in Fallout games, so you might as well dump it. I can't remember well how much CHA you need but I guess, based on how the skills are utilized, you might need to keep good amount of CHA.

As for traits, Gifted are always the best, of course, unless you want to have more skills so you can take whatever you want. Small Frame is nice for having extra AGI, but keep in mind you're going to haul a LOT of stuff, even all the junks, because they're important to repair stuff, and also a lot of other things. Fast Shot is fine if you're going full burst or just don't want to bother using aim shots.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Im playing on crazy edition which is harder a bit so i guess normal endurance will pay off a bit.
Endurance doesnt only give health but also rad and poison res.
I made a mistake though for lvling outdoorsman,even with 70 i cant evade simple encounters like rats.
For traits i settled on good natured and the one that gives you plus on energy weapons and science.

Black Angel

Arcane
I made a mistake though for lvling outdoorsman,even with 70 i cant evade simple encounters like rats.
I guess leveling Outdoorsman too early won't pay off, but trust me, Outdoorsman is useful at mid-late game when you get your hands on certain item. If you're still relatively early in the game, I'd suggest restart and hold from leveling Outdoorsman until you start exploring uninhabited places like the military base.

For traits i settled on good natured and the one that gives you plus on energy weapons and science.
Wait, wha-? There's a trait that increases energy weapons and science?

razvedchiki

Erudite
Yea but i think its crazy edition only and the trade off is that it decreases other skills like outdoorsman.
Since i plan to use energy weapons,was it a mistake to decrease luck?energy weapons need high crit chance to work best?

The military base is the one that from the bandit quest?you can find more stuff with outdoorsman skill?

Black Angel

Arcane
Since i plan to use energy weapons,was it a mistake to decrease luck?energy weapons need high crit chance to work best?
I guess it's fine as long as you have >5 LCK, that way you can still have ~50% crit chance when you take Sniper perk. Still, I guess if you're also going to take Fast Shot, then might as well drop LCK and don't take Sniper perk because it's going to be such a waste not being able to aim at specific body part like eyes to greatly boosts crit chance. Combat might become tedious, though, because I can't imagine how are you going to handle tough enemies while having Fast Shot, but no Burst weapon. I don't remember if there's any Gatling Laser in Nevada, or even any other new burst Energy Weapon, so good luck mate.

The military base is the one that from the bandit quest?you can find more stuff with outdoorsman skill?
Bandit quest is one way to get location of the military base. There are other ways, too, mostly in New Reno. And yes, you can find more stuff with Outdoorsman once you get a metal detector.

Modron

Arcane
Im playing on crazy edition which is harder a bit so i guess normal endurance will pay off a bit.
Endurance doesnt only give health but also rad and poison res.
Outdoorsman isn't bad as it can be used in a number of campfire recipes and your chance at finding items with the metal detector goes up dramatically with level of outdoorsman (there are a couple of unique weapons that can only be found with a detector)
An outdoorsman level of 100 can get you the only combat armor in the vanilla game in a hidden shelter in Salt Lake City (granted you can acquire power armor before this if you leave salt lake city for later in the game).

razvedchiki

Erudite
Is there a list somewhere with the new weapons?the old weapons from fallout 2 have the same requirement?
Im thinking of restarting and going for sniper or burst build.

Modron

Arcane
I for one am more for vanilla, as some of the crazy edition content was lulz random fallout 2 tier stuff by a different bunch of russians.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Is there a list somewhere with the new weapons?the old weapons from fallout 2 have the same requirement?
Im thinking of restarting and going for sniper or burst build.

You're just wasting your time and ruining the fun. Just play the fucking thing. Combat is hardly a big deal in this mod and you can eventually increase your combat skill too.
It's fucking Fallout, try to use the skills that you have and adapt your character as you go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom