Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Oona's turn? Already rolled misses for her and Bran for the surprise round. If we're past that, Rhenmyr and Urash should be going well before her. Although, reading things, it doesn't look like we got much of a surprise. How and why did we give up that advantage? Again?
yeah still in the surprise round for those hidden. Oona's attack goes off now on her strike rank, I just forgot you rolled for her earlier. We're now at the top of the first full round.

With respect to what happened to your advantage, Borric and Marcán revealed themselves . . . maybe your question wasn't for me?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Yeah. A rhetorical :negative: question. Urash's first spell targets a cultist toward the rear. He start a second sleep spell. I'll roll for him and figure our Rhenmyr's move after I get home.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr throws a flask of Atlantean fire at the mounted Hyperborean and two of the guards and engulfs the two guards in flame, right after Mab's Agony spell disables Dunamir; the Hyperborean is covered in flames over his full plate armor and falls out of the saddle clutching his head, and unable to act. The warhorse runs from the battle on fire.

Shortly after this occurs there is a massive thundercrlap from the direction of the tower, and a baffling thing occurs. All of the guards, and robed figures collapse in front of you, either unconscious or dead (you have to do a physik roll on your turn to check vitals). Immediately afterward there is a bestial, roar that fills the air and a flaming bat-winged, demonic figure rises from the top of the tower. It's wielding a massive flaming greatsword and a flame-wreathed whip. It immediately dives toward Graoll and belches a gout of liquid flame at the elemental prince who just barely staggers out of the way of the worst of the flames.

nikolokolus

Arcane
ERYFKRAD You currently have Dunamir rolling around on the ground on fire and clutching his head and unable to defend himself. I'll let you fill in the blanks about what you can do on your turn (which is basically next).

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Borric, smash that armored guy's head!"
Took the words right outta my keyboard.
Do you need me to roll for you? I rolled for you? Borric hit, but Dunamir's full plate armor deflected the blow. He's still on the ground writhing around clutching his head and his armor is still on fire, so who knows if he's taking damage or not yet

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán motions everyone to follow him around the west side of the old ruined keep and starts skulking across the meadow followed by Mab.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Roll20 updated

Urash completes his spell, but moments later collapses to the ground unconscious; it's not entirely clear why this happened (as most people are not near him) Solon sees the Acadian sorcerer collapse through the light undergrowth (it will take him 2 rounds to get there if he investigates). Rhenmyr skirts the edge of the woods and puts one of the withe-made prisons between himself and the awe-inspiring battle between the massive elemental and the demon 100+ meters away, and starts moving toward the half-dome structure.

The two gigantic supernal creatures seem locked in a kind of stalemate, until the demonic bat-winged creature coils its whip around Graoll's leg and pulls him off balance, making him land with a heavy thud. The demon follows through with a vicious overhand strike with his flaming sword, but Graoll manages to raise his rocky fist and strike the cross-guard just as it's about to hit, this allows him a chance to kick out at the demon, but he proves too quick and darts aside at the last minute. A split second later Graoll rapidly sinks into the earth and disappears from view . . .

The sorcerer Abazion appears to be gesticulating as if casting another spell. Meanwhile, Bran and Oona move through the north part of the clearing inside the treeline and seem to be doing their best to follow after the fleeing horse, which has now fled the battle and enters the trees. Dunamir continues to writhe around on the ground shrieking in pain and unable to do anything to defend himself.

Amon has completely disappeared from view, vanishing in plain sight as he moved out into the clearing (Llywelyn ap Gruffydd it's Amon's move, also remember Solon is yours to control).
032DUkZ.png

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Immediately afterward there is a bestial, roar that fills the air and a flaming bat-winged, demonic figure rises from the top of the tower. It's wielding a massive flaming greatsword and a flame-wreathed whip.
Ai, ai, a balrog is come!
Always wanted to try that line out.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Immediately afterward there is a bestial, roar that fills the air and a flaming bat-winged, demonic figure rises from the top of the tower. It's wielding a massive flaming greatsword and a flame-wreathed whip.
Ai, ai, a balrog is come!
Always wanted to try that line out.
It's also basically Borric's turn. You can log in and roll your attack, or I can roll for you if you need me to. You're also +10% to your skill because he's prone

nikolokolus

Arcane
While Marcán, Mab and the invisible Amon skirt the western side of the ruined keep through the withe prisons; people begin crying out for help, but the moans and pleas cease when a something astounding happens moments later.

Everyone on the field watches in fascination as Solon's swirling mound of dirt envelops the demon in a mound of earth that temporarily immobilizes him, second later there is an explosion of rock and turf as Graoll bursts from the ground directly behind the demon. His massive fist swings down and pulps the demon's skull. Shockingly the demon suddenly erupts in a gout of liquid fire in about a 30 meter radius fireball. Graoll and Cadeyrn (as well as the inert, half-formed colossus) are enveloped in the blast. The demon's massive sword lands on the ground still flaming and sputtering, as does his massive 5 meter-long whip.

Cadeyrn emerges from the blast of flame floating up into the air, trailing smoke and looking somewhat ragged and tattered. The wraith beelines for the spot where Abazion still stands atop the tower.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Roll20 Updated.

Rhenmyr sends an arrow arcing through the air nearly 200 meters and strikes Abazion squarely in the upper torso. The man totters at the edge of the parapet and tumbles over the side about 30 meters to the ground below where he hits with a wet thud.

Meanwhile, the Hyperborean Dunamir Xoon seems to regain his senses and he manages to roll away from Borric and get to his feet, drawing his sword in the process. ERYFKRAD Borric is up and gets to swing first since Dunamir had to sacrifice 5 Dex ranks drawing his blade

nikolokolus

Arcane
ERYFKRAD Borric's attempt to disarm was avoided by Dunamir. he also successfully counterattacked so you need to make a dodge or parry roll. If that fails he will hit for 6 damage and you need to make an armor roll.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Roll20 updated.

Round 3 begins:
The wraith of the long-dead Keltic King calls out to Marcán who is freeing hostages, "The clan is safe, my task is done. I wither and must return to the dark silence of my rest." He fades from view and is gone. Urash is slapped awake by Solon and the two sorcerers move out of the trees to get a better view of the last combatant Dunamir who is clashing with Borric, so they can start a spell (Urash starts casting agony, Solon can't start until next round). Mab also begins casting a spell to enfeeble the Hyperborean.

Grimgravy Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Rhenmyr and Amon are up next.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr takes aim with his longbow and hits Dunamir in the back, but the arrow ricochets harmlessly to the ground.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom