Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Serus

Arcane
Patron
So now that several people have either finished the game or reached mid-late/late game. What are the weapon types that appear consistently throughout the game (so not just a +1 early and then an end game +5 but also for levels in-between) and are worth focusing early on?

Canus

Savant
Just got one of those 'send your scouts to find treasure in your kingdom' event that gave me 32 +4 Breastplates, or 132,000 gold as they swiftly became.

Canus

Savant
Oh also, should anyone be intereted, the bonus for having going with the Church of Asmodeus earlier in the game, which you get at either Divine 9 or 10, is +1 to all kingdom rolls for every 20 stability you have over 200, to a maximum of +10. Which is obviously incredibly powerful. It is also bugged and seems to do nothing.

Elex

Arbiter
So now that several people have either finished the game or reached mid-late/late game. What are the weapon types that appear consistently throughout the game (so not just a +1 early and then an end game +5 but also for levels in-between) and are worth focusing early on?
glaive, greataxe, rapier, bastard sword, scimitar, kukri, heavy mace.

bataille

Arcane
For fuck's sake, finally hit chapter 2 and still keep restarting, there's still at least 4 characters I want to try: melee sorc/RDD, inquisitor summoner, necromancer, Aldori sWordlord/duelist...

Just edit the 'money' line in the player.json in your save file and make mercenaries...

Parabalus

Arcane
Does going against your advisors wishes affect the outcome?

e.g. Octavia is against necromancy, I chose to let necromancy happen. If I did it with Barto instead, who would approve, are the ##s the same?

Got up to the project which halves region time, gonna wait till the patch for that loads.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does going against your advisors wishes affect the outcome?

e.g. Octavia is against necromancy, I chose to let necromancy happen. If I did it with Barto instead, who would approve, are the ##s the same?

Got up to the project which halves region time, gonna wait till the patch for that loads.
Going against wishes of your advisors changes nothing except those advisors leaving you eventually when you disagreed with them too much.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was starting to regret my grenadier choice, since most of my char's utility came down to buffing and occasionally blasting dudes with high AC. Otherwise the damage of one bomb per round seemed pretty underwhelming compared to what the rest of the party could do.

Then level 8 comes and you get fast bomb. Then level 10 and force bomb. Now I'm chucking 3 bombs a round that not only do damage that almost no one is resistant to, but also knockdown. All those badass enemies with gigantic to hit bonuses aren't even a threat anymore because they spend all of their brief time in combat on the floor.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Dueling Sword, Greataxe, Scimitar, Rapier, Glaive, Heavy Mace, Longbow, Heavy Crossbow are all pretty good.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm inching towards the conclusion, and the end areas in Kingmaker are an order of magnitude more difficult than the endgames in any other RTwP RPG (or most RPGs for that matter). Fighting the numerous Wild Hunt mobs is already brutal enough, but the encounters that follow make me miss the days when my party was just a bunch of level 2s getting curb stomped by 3 Greater Enraged Owlbears with a Base Attack Bonus of 18.

Here's a mostly spoiler-free example:

The game hits the entire party with the following unavoidable debuff that cannot be removed through normal means:

debuffinf23.jpg

Given the incredibly weak saving throws of your party, it then make you fight numerous enemies who spam "Save or Die" spells.

The only way I've made any progress is by burning through whatever wands, scrolls and summons I've hoarded so far, but oddly enough, I'm loving the absurd difficulty of it all.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
How do I use metamagic for my wizard? I am staring at the open spellbook, trying to Extend Mage Armor, but there's no "Extended Mage Armor" in the circle 2 spells, nor is there a "click here to memorize as extended" button in the circle 1 spells. What am I missing?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Double post: I found it. Hit the big button labeled "Metamagic"

In my defense, it was kind of hard to see. It was in the 'shadow' of the book.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Hotfix 1.0.14 – October, 29th 2018

Areas
  • Storyteller couldn't craft "Tiger Armor" and "Star Gauntlet" artifacts. Resolution: fixed.
Speaking of, did anyone ever complete the Forest Knight's Bracers? Seems like they forgot to put the 10th piece in the game.

Parabalus

Arcane

Is it a bug that spontaneous casters have to rest to get the prepared metamagic? In NWNs you could metamagic anything at whim.

Have a location? Can't find anything better than Devourer of Metal, artisan keeps giving me shortbows.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
The game hits the entire party with the following unavoidable debuff that cannot be removed through normal means:

debuffinf23.jpg

Are you sure it's not the debuff from the patch notes:

Characters could leave the ruined basement part of "House At The Edge Of Time" area with irremovable "Wild Energies" debuff. Resolution: fixed. For effected saves where party are still at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area, players have to visit the ruined basement part and leave it again to remove the debuff.

I saw people on discord raging about it.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

Is it a bug that spontaneous casters have to rest to get the prepared metamagic? In NWNs you could metamagic anything at whim.

Have a location? Can't find anything better than Devourer of Metal, artisan keeps giving me shortbows.
Devourer of Metal is a good enough reason on it's own, in my opinion but there are others. Don't remember where I got them but there was a +2 Speed Composite longbow and the Lucky Longbow with a higher crit modifier.
I haven't gotten any good shortbows, honestly. I know the bow artisan makes some good +2 to +5 longbows eventually though.

Shadenuat

Arcane
They obviosly throw weaker enemies at you to get rid of effect via Plot TM, don't worry

Well, it sometimes never works and it nevers gets away of course so people try and beat endgame against 26HD enemies with it on.

This is why I say game has 6 out of 7 chapters working only for now

Parabalus

Arcane

Devourer of Metal is a good enough reason on it's own, in my opinion but there are others. Don't remember where I got them but there was a +2 Speed Composite longbow and the Lucky Longbow with a higher crit modifier.
I haven't gotten any good shortbows, honestly. I know the bow artisan makes some good +2 to +5 longbows eventually though.

I found both of those longbows, they are worse than Devourer of Metal though, substantially I'd add.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom