Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Okay, this one my manlet brain can't figure out: how do I use metamagic for /sorcs and bards/? They don't seem to have any options under Metamagic. Don't tell me I wasted those feats! I expected it to be like NWN where, if I take, say, Extend Spell, I can then at will Extend all my extendable spells as long as I have remaining casts. How does it work in this game?

Parabalus

Arcane
Okay, this one my manlet brain can't figure out: how do I use metamagic for /sorcs and bards/? They don't seem to have any options under Metamagic. Don't tell me I wasted those feats! I expected it to be like NWN where, if I take, say, Extend Spell, I can then at will Extend all my extendable spells as long as I have remaining casts. How does it work in this game?

On Linzi I did as you described, go to Metamagic, make spell --> rest --> she had Extended Haste at lvl 4.

That should be okay, but having to rest seems like a bug for them. That's different from PnP, right? Cael Shadenuat

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's strange. It worked for Octavia, and it let me create custom spells with metamagic applied which I could then memorize, but when I click Metamagic with Linzi, she doesn't get those options at the top to Extend/Empower etc. Maybe it's bugged for me. I'll try again later. No big deal, I just like having Extend Spell because it goes well with my "avoid resting" playstyle.

Edit: again, I am retarded. I didn't pick Metamagic for Linzi on this playthrough. Jesus, get it together Jasede.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Double post: I found it. Hit the big button labeled "Metamagic"

In my defense, it was kind of hard to see. It was in the 'shadow' of the book.

Is it a bug that spontaneous casters have to rest to get the prepared metamagic? In NWNs you could metamagic anything at whim.

Have a location? Can't find anything better than Devourer of Metal, artisan keeps giving me shortbows.
Devourer of Metal is a good enough reason on it's own, in my opinion but there are others. Don't remember where I got them but there was a +2 Speed Composite longbow and the Lucky Longbow with a higher crit modifier.
I haven't gotten any good shortbows, honestly. I know the bow artisan makes some good +2 to +5 longbows eventually though.

I found both of those longbows, they are worse than Devourer of Metal though, substantially I'd add.
I agree, Devourer of Metal is honestly good enough to last you until you get the +5 Artisan bow.

Parabalus

Arcane
I'm inching towards the conclusion, and the end areas in Kingmaker are an order of magnitude more difficult than the endgames in any other RTwP RPG (or most RPGs for that matter). Fighting the numerous Wild Hunt mobs is already brutal enough, but the encounters that follow make me miss the days when my party was just a bunch of level 2s getting curb stomped by 3 Greater Enraged Owlbears with a Base Attack Bonus of 18.

Here's a mostly spoiler-free example:

The game hits the entire party with the following unavoidable debuff that cannot be removed through normal means:

debuffinf23.jpg

Given the incredibly weak saving throws of your party, it then make you fight numerous enemies who spam "Save or Die" spells.

The only way I've made any progress is by burning through whatever wands, scrolls and summons I've hoarded so far, but oddly enough, I'm loving the absurd difficulty of it all.

yes4brgvu0v11.jpg

Is it a bug that spontaneous casters have to rest to get the prepared metamagic? In NWNs you could metamagic anything at whim.

Have a location? Can't find anything better than Devourer of Metal, artisan keeps giving me shortbows.
Devourer of Metal is a good enough reason on it's own, in my opinion but there are others. Don't remember where I got them but there was a +2 Speed Composite longbow and the Lucky Longbow with a higher crit modifier.
I haven't gotten any good shortbows, honestly. I know the bow artisan makes some good +2 to +5 longbows eventually though.

I found both of those longbows, they are worse than Devourer of Metal though, substantially I'd add.
I agree, Devourer of Metal is honestly good enough to last you until you get the +5 Artisan bow.

what are the conditions for that? I will probably have to up his town to a city for a +5 chance, right?

hell bovine

Arcane
That's strange. It worked for Octavia, and it let me create custom spells with metamagic applied which I could then memorize, but when I click Metamagic with Linzi, she doesn't get those options at the top to Extend/Empower etc. Maybe it's bugged for me. I'll try again later. No big deal, I just like having Extend Spell because it goes well with my "avoid resting" playstyle.

Edit: again, I am retarded. I didn't pick Metamagic for Linzi on this playthrough. Jesus, get it together Jasede.
You can just use rods for metamagic, they recharge with rest.

On a side note, after a level up Ms. Piggy is now the size of a buffalo. Had to move the second line further back, hopefully she doesn't hit another growth spurt, or the future empress of the stolen lands is going to have a problem with doors.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I'm inching towards the conclusion, and the end areas in Kingmaker are an order of magnitude more difficult than the endgames in any other RTwP RPG (or most RPGs for that matter). Fighting the numerous Wild Hunt mobs is already brutal enough, but the encounters that follow make me miss the days when my party was just a bunch of level 2s getting curb stomped by 3 Greater Enraged Owlbears with a Base Attack Bonus of 18.

The game hits the entire party with the following unavoidable debuff that cannot be removed through normal means:

debuffinf23.jpg

Given the incredibly weak saving throws of your party, it then make you fight numerous enemies who spam "Save or Die" spells.

The only way I've made any progress is by burning through whatever wands, scrolls and summons I've hoarded so far, but oddly enough, I'm loving the absurd difficulty of it all.

yes4brgvu0v11.jpg

what are the conditions for that? I will probably have to up his town to a city for a +5 chance, right?
I think so, yeah. Theoretically you should be able to get 3 cities if you annex all 12 regions, right?

Parabalus

Arcane

debuffinf23.jpg

yes4brgvu0v11.jpg

I think so, yeah. Theoretically you should be able to get 3 cities if you annex all 12 regions, right?

Makes sense. How many x/20 in a ?3? towns do you need for a city - 15/20?

Also, how do you annex the last area, Thousand Voices?

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You also went bottom portal instead upper one?
Which portals do you mean and where are they? Here's what has happened in my game so far: I've started "The Cursed King" chapter, and have defeated two shadow bosses (Stag Lord and Irovetti). I don't recall having to choose between taking any Upper or Bottom portal. The "Save or Die" enemies I mentioned were from the Irovetti Dungeon (mage clones called Irovetti the Genius) and Shadow Vordakai from Varnhold in the First Realm.

Are you sure it's not the debuff from the patch notes:

I saw people on discord raging about it.
That 50% casting failure debuff is child's play compared to the debuff that follows. The debuff I posted above even disables multiple feats because the character's Base Attack Bonus is so low. The difficulty is so over the top that I'm amazed (and glad) that it is not a part of some crazy difficulty mod, but is actually a part of a shipped product.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

debuffinf23.jpg

yes4brgvu0v11.jpg

Makes sense. How many x/20 in a ?3? towns do you need for a city - 15/20?

Also, how do you annex the last area, Thousand Voices?
I don't have a clue about some of the annexation requirements honestly, other than that they depend on your kingdom stats.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You also went bottom portal instead upper one?
Which portals do you mean and where are they? Here's what has happened in my game so far: I've started "The Cursed King" chapter, and have defeated two shadow bosses (Stag Lord and Irovetti). I don't recall having to choose between taking any Upper or Bottom portal. The "Save or Die" enemies I mentioned were from the Irovetti Dungeon (mage clones called Irovetti the Genius) and Shadow Vordakai from Varnhold in the First Realm.
I think u r supposed to go from top to bottom it makes it easier. Staglord > something > trolls > etc.

But the whole chapter is a mess

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So now they promise to fix 1k of bugs in just v1.1. Reading the patch notes is gonna be fun.

Owlcat: Prealphamaker :)

P.S. As far as I can tell, the game is quite nice. I really hope they'll patch it to at least mostly-working-as-intended state eventually.

Last edited:

kain30

Cipher
Has anyone tried to put the less points possible in INT to see if you can make a dumb playthrough like Fallout and arcanum?

Sharpedge

Prophet
This is the buggiest fight I have had to deal with so far:
jBhfYz6.png
A list of the bugs I encountered with it:
  1. I had to do it 2-3 times because the barbarian would seemingly go invulnerable at 10% HP?
  2. Even though the dragon was friendly, I still had to deal with its fear aura.
  3. I discovered Vampiric Shadow Shield deals damage to anyone who attempts to heal you.
  4. The prayer buff is being resisted by Spell Resistance.
All in all a very buggy fight. By the time I am done with this game I will need bug rehabilitation. Oh, my Ancient Curse timer also went negative at 1 point, I had to reload before it happened to continue the main quest line.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I honestly found Harrim's personal quest and Jubilost Debates more meaningful, clever, funny and even a bit thought provoking than any writing in PoE (except Durance).

It has been so long since I just honestly and with feeling laughed in an RPG and shouted "well done!".

I am so happy about it, and would never exchange that for any pseudo philosophical garbage about hurr gods, ever.

Cael

Arcane

On Linzi I did as you described, go to Metamagic, make spell --> rest --> she had Extended Haste at lvl 4.

That should be okay, but having to rest seems like a bug for them. That's different from PnP, right? Cael Shadenuat
You should be able to use metamagic on the fly without having to prepare it first then rest. It is definitely a bug.

Shadenuat

Arcane
That should be okay, but having to rest seems like a bug for them. That's different from PnP, right?
More like technical nuance or an oversight. You still can create unlimited versions of them and don't have to memorize them.

I don't use anything except Heighten to shuffle around good spells through whole levels deck though, I use Rods instead.

holy hell just have first snow in Moscow right now outside

Parabalus

Arcane
What's the deal with romances anyway? Don't think I had any triggered so far. Very refreshing from nu-RPGs.

vazha

Arcane

debuffinf23.jpg

Good Lord. What difficulty are you playing on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom