Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
HWNhHm5.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
He need way stronger meds. Any attempt to find sense and logic in Beth's games is a first step to disappointment. And madness.

Codex Year of the Donut
I replayed FO4 recently(didn't finish it), first time since they put survival in. The high-level stuff between concord and diamond city with survival is spot-on, the level curve is absolutely stupid the moment you go more than 5 steps past red rocket because basically everything will 1 shot you. Why can't bethesda do anything right

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, you can practically perceive the sperg from that voice. Still, the WAD seems to be a slightly less bad equivalent of that awful bus driver simulator that required several RL hours to complete. I'll wait for youtube to have a walkthrough to skip to the allegedly surprising ending.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
That's the magic of Fallout 4. The place is filled to the brim, but it's all so soulless you feel empty. And the void only increases as time goes on and the desolation and isolation begins to get to you. It's a true apocalyptic survival simulator.
Shit fallout game tho.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, you can practically perceive the sperg from that voice. Still, the WAD seems to be a slightly less bad equivalent of that awful bus driver simulator that required several RL hours to complete. I'll wait for youtube to have a walkthrough to skip to the allegedly surprising ending.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

EDIT : I lost my way, this is what I intended to share at first : https://obscuritory.com/puzzle/enigma/
Some quotes :
18 seconds into a level in Enigma, I have to pause the game. This is Advancing, the eighth stage in the seventh set of levels, and at first glance, it looks like it’s going to be a hellacious version of the puzzle Rush Hour. A series of long blocks stand between me and the rest of the stage, and I have to slide them around in the right order to get to the end. It soon becomes clear that there’s another layer to this level: I can also push the blocks into the water to make bridges. At the moment it hits me, I pause the game and mutter “Oh my god.”

It’s gonna be another one of those levels. They’re all one of those levels. There’s over 2000 of them.
[...]
Most levels in Enigma are so complex that they barely resemble the original premise. It’s like the game was created by a level designer drunk with power.
[...]
Collectively, the game is impossible. The most recent version of Enigma from 2014 lists a total of 2541 stages, and many of them even have an additional hard mode – yes, in this game, a harder mode. As of this post, the top score on the official Enigma leaderboard belongs to someone named Medimaster, who’s almost five times as far ahead as next player and claims many of the in-game world records… and they only have credit for beating 2030 stages. No one has completed the entire game. Given its obscurity, possibly no one ever will.

The Enigmaparcour stages have to be a joke, right?
[...]
What do we even want out of Enigma, though? Why do I keep going back to it so often that it actually delayed me from finishing this post? I’ll never complete a single one of the Chessopals, but I sure appreciate knowing they exist.

Attempting to solve a level is an act of defiance against a gargantuan, immovable, unknowable object, like throwing a rock at the sun. Enigma is undefeatable. It is the last puzzle game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom