Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

bataille

Arcane
So... I'm pretty sure the game is programmed to set the weather to storm if you reload having failed a skill check. Thanks, Owlcats!

Cael

Arcane
I just realized bombs have a hilarious bug that makes alchemist the most powerful class bar none in the game. Bombs don't just refresh on rest, they also refresh after ANY dialogue or map transition. You can just cheese through Vordekai Three Finger Brown's Tomb like it's nothing tossing a million force bombs at every cyclops every encounter because of all the dialogues.

Edit, actually no wait, it's just refreshing after every combat. That's even more ridiculous.
Well, you know what it is like. You get into a minor war and you really, really, really jumping-on-tiptoes have to go to the toilet. And after the fight, you have all these empty bottles...

Polanski

Scholar
Installing mods to speed up kingdom management, has really increased the game's quality for me.

Using:
Fast Travel to move faster,
Cleaner to decrease load times,
Exit To Map to get out of areas faster,
Zoom Unlocked, to get a bigger view.

I read something about that Cleaner-mod might fuck up your saves, but dunno if it's been fixed since.
Thanks for the warning. I certainly hope not.

Do you know in what way? Since the nexus page has no mention of this.

Yosharian

Arcane
I need good portrait for Octavia.
images

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Is it a bug that spontaneous casters have to rest to get the prepared metamagic? In NWNs you could metamagic anything at whim.

Have a location? Can't find anything better than Devourer of Metal, artisan keeps giving me shortbows.
I'm pretty sure you can get those spells if you save and reload. So yes, I'd say it is.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Whoever complained about the partymembers is a retard, they're so good I can barely decide who to take. Six slots are not enough! Like, I just got Jubilost. I'd love to take him, but he has to replace someone. Who?

We have me, a Monk, so I am buff dependent.
Valerie/Amiri for holding chokes / DPS.

Octavia to provide animal buffs, Haste, Slow, etc. She also opens locks.
Linzi to give Heroism and inspire Courage.
Tristan to pump out insane buffs and healing.

None of them are replaceable. I am replacing Linzi for now, but not being able to cast Heroism on everyone is a big deal for now. How will I even get Nok-Nok into this party? I think Amiri will have to go for him. I think once we get enough spells, my main character will be able to tank and we can retire Val. Monks get retarded AC when pumped full of buffs (and very little otherwise).

The only big problem I have is that Octavia is the only "pure" wizard, and therefore pretty much required in every party unless you play a wizard yourself.

Parabalus

Arcane
What's the cave for Jubilost quest?

Says it's marked, but can't find it on the map. Is it Rotten Cave?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Argh but if I replace Linzi I lose a YUGE +2 attack/damage buff on everyone; bards are so insane. And it will only get better.

Edit: HOLY FUCK Linzi just got level 7 and the circle 3 spells are INSANE! She gets the Pathfinder version of Greater Malison and Hope, which basically means she can in theory give everyone +2 to attack/damage and -2 to attack/damage/saves of enemies, which may even stack with her song.

I always knew Bards were broken but this is madness.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Just got Pummeling Bully...

4bc43ceb6d939a3e2a05390785992ad4.png

Matron Gushanka is knocking down trolls like they were made out of paper...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Argh but if I replace Linzi I lose a YUGE +2 attack/damage buff on everyone; bards are so insane. And it will only get better.

Edit: HOLY FUCK Linzi just got level 7 and the circle 3 spells are INSANE! She gets the Pathfinder version of Greater Malison and Hope, which basically means she can in theory give everyone +2 to attack/damage and -2 to attack/damage/saves of enemies, which may even stack with her song.

At lvl 7 she can also use song as move action so she cast a spell as well in round 1.
Also Hope spell is same bonus as bard song. Only advantage is that it lasts 1 min/lvl.
You pick up Haste with her instead and kick Octavia out.
If you maxed out trickery, linzi is just as good as a rogue.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
While that's certainly an option, and while Linzi is insanely strong, Octavia will just keep getting better and better spells, too. At circle 4 she'll gain access to Improved Invisibility, which by itself is enough to carry a team through way higher CR encounters.

My plan is to now this:

Keep Octavia, kick out Linzi for Jubilost. Once we get the goblin, kick out Amiri because he'll be the DPS. Once my Monk is tankier than Val (which will happen natually), kick out Val and re-invite Linzi, or try out the archer. If Tristan ever complains about just being there to cast important buffs and heal us, replace him with the dwarf. ... shit, I am LG, but evil party-members are just always cooler.

Thonius

Arcane

Later on she'll recive healing song. BIG WIN. Also Jaethal is pretty good as tank once leveled up. Early on she is a pain to manage dues to "separate" healing pool. Right now with heavy shield and medium bone armor some gear like natural armor necklace she is near 37-36 ac. If I use her judgment abilities she is easily reaches 40AC. So she's a good tank with support abilities ( pray, stone-skin, some heal)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Oh God, how much more OP can a single character get? Linzi for president. I guess it's just Pathfinder bards in general. Glorious.

Yosharian

Arcane

At lvl 7 she can also use song as move action so she cast a spell as well in round 1.
Also Hope spell is same bonus as bard song. Only advantage is that it lasts 1 min/lvl.
Incorrect, Inspire Courage provides a Competence bonus to atk/dmg, whereas Good Hope provides a morale bonus.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think the best role for Jaethal is indeed transform her into a tank, maybe Inquisitor 1/ Fighter 19, or something like this.

Being immune to undead level drain, its a must to have her on front row

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Installing mods to speed up kingdom management, has really increased the game's quality for me.

Using:
Fast Travel to move faster,
Cleaner to decrease load times,
Exit To Map to get out of areas faster,
Zoom Unlocked, to get a bigger view.

I read something about that Cleaner-mod might fuck up your saves, but dunno if it's been fixed since.
Thanks for the warning. I certainly hope not.

Do you know in what way? Since the nexus page has no mention of this.

No, someone said in discord it might corrupt the saves, could have been just bs if there's no comments on the nexusmods.

Thonius

Arcane

Incorrect, Inspire Courage provides a Competence bonus to atk/dmg, whereas Good Hope provides a morale bonus.
There is also luck and sacred bonuses. Although beats me, I don't know who gives luck bonuses. Is that a druid or...?
Bard - morale and competence bonuses.
Clerics - sacred bonuses. Bless and pray do not stack I believe.
Mages - enchantment's bonuses.
???? - luck.

I think the best role for Jaethal is indeed transform her into a tank, maybe Inquisitor 1/ Fighter 19, or something like this.
Being immune to undead level drain, its a must to have her on front row
I kept her PURE INQ. Just took feats on armor. BAB is Meh but she's tanky +summons and support spells.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
There is also luck and sacred bonuses. Although beats me, I don't know who gives luck bonuses. Is that a druid or...?
Bard - morale and competence bonuses.
Clerics - sacred bonuses. Bless and pray do not stack I believe.
Mages - enchantment's bonuses.
???? - luck.
Totally doesn't work like that. Various things provide various bonuses, so for instance Divine Favor, a divine spell, gives luck bonus.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You are right as far as PSRD is concerned but I think ingame text for Inspire Competence says morale bonus. Or I might remember wrong (and I cannot check atm).

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
best role for Jaethal is
skill monkey
That, plus aggregating free teamwork feats let's her carry the team for a while (Shield Wall AC to Val, Outflank AB to flankers + Prec. Strike dmg), but around lv10 loot starts to phase out the usefulness of those feats and skill ranks, while her wimpy spells make her less useful than dedicated DPS like NokNok.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom